Ladies - Do you seem to only attract weirdos??

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    You call it stalking. I call it taking the same route as you.
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Normal is boring. Stop trying to be normal. Weird is interesting.

Embrace the freakiness.
    ^^ This
    Everybody's weird in their own way - it's what makes you an individual
    Lot's of people feel uncomfortable/nervous talking to the opposite sex, not just geeky guys, but girls as well, it's the whole "not wanting to make a fool of yourself thing" some people are better at it than others thats all.

Personally I always just talk to unknown people like their mates, which has probably been the cause of many missed opportunities
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    I apparently attract several 'types'...couldn't tell you why, though! But, I don't date...I hate it! I am socially awkward anyway, then throw me somewhere with a stranger?? Nope! (Give me a bottle of wine and it's a totally different story!) And somebody mentioned earlier about the "baby" "muffin" etc......just fricken TRY to call me 'pet names', seriously! I have one guy right now trying to get me to go out with him that calls me his "red headed goddess".....ummm......really????
  • ColossusCain
    ColossusCain Posts: 124 Member
    Hi everyone -

I've noticed that most of my adult life, I have managed to attract only one "type" of guy... you've probably never seen him, because he's always playing video games in his mom's basement. Or perhaps you have seen him because he will often frequent such places as fast food restaurants where he will be eating alone, or public transportation because he doesn't own a car or maybe you work with one of these people and he's that guy that brings the same thing in for lunch everyday and really needs a haircut.

Well if he's always in his parents basement, or frequenting bus stops, or public transportation due to not owning a car and you meet him all the time doesn't that mean YOU are always in his mom's basement or at a fastfood joint or a bus stop because you don't own a car? Seems like you're just sticking with your own on this one.
  • I can't be sure, but I think that Follow_Me might be following me... WEIRDO! ;-)
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    lotion.gif

Now it places the lotion in the bah-sket...
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Kinda sad that nerds are included on your list. But I'm a nerd so I'm biased, oh well!

... xD Kinda feel like that's a bit childish to do (once you hit adulthood I feel like it's just kind of an unspoken understanding that you're someone's gf/bf after a few dates, no clarification needed unless there's honestly some confusion). *shrug*

/hijack

I disagree. When I was just dating in my adult life, I always wanted to be 100% clear on what the terms of the relationship were. I had a couple guys who insisted that we were a monogamous couple after a couple of dates, even after I'd made it clear that wasn't my intention. It has always bothered me when guys assumed I was "only theirs" without even asking me about it, even in HS. :laugh:

Seems like an example of the part when I said "unless there's honestly some confusion". :P But in this case it seems like they didn't get it even after you clarified. xD Since I started dating as an adult I've only had an issue with one guy and it was the opposite - we had been going on a few dates a week and hanging out regularly and I thought we were a thing but then I started seeing him around campus hugging and kissing another girl so we chatted and he seemed shocked I thought we were monogamous. You just have to be clear with your intentions, and if being clear doesn't cut it then you have a decision to make whether or not you compromise and see how it works out or move on. :)

Wait, what? I feel like unless there was a conversation about being in a monogamous relationship, NO ONE should assume. I mean, I'm not going to tell a guy that I just met that I've gone on two dates with another guy and have another planned. I may even kiss them both (I know, I'm such a *kitten*). That's what dating is about... is it not?

ETA: I haven't met a guy that after two dates I have decided I've met THE ONE. I'm not putting all of my metaphorical eggs in one basket until I'm sure that I want him fertilizing them.

This particular guy and I had been seeing each other for about 6 months when this happened, so I don't think it's wrong that I assumed we were a couple. Anyway, I was 19. No biggie.

The last few guys I've gone on dates with though, after just one date they'd be requesting changing statuses to "in a relationship" on Facebook and stuff like that. :/ Whoa, slow down. D:

About the assuming part though.. I just think specifically asking "will you be my girlfriend?" is a bit childish. Just kind of my opinion.
  • I'm weird.

I have the o often....in fact last night....

nevermind.

I'm weird.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I can relate. I attract a variety of weirdos...I think it partially has to do with having red hair.

I realized one day though that it probably has something to do with me being weird too.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Define "weirdos"?

Forget defining weird. . define "normal"!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    I'm talking about the "weird" guys... the oftentimes scrawny, nerdy, socially-awkward (and I mean in a if-a-girl-simply-makes-eye-contact-he-thinks-shes-flirting kind of awkward). For some reason, I only come across guys that are extremely socially inept. I find it odd because while I'm not the total opposite of that, I consider myself generally pleasant and am able to communicate in an effective way with the majority of society.
    Occam's razor?

Yus. My inclination is yusss.

- A fellow dorky/weirdo/nerd
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I am only attracted to weird, odd, interesting ,fascinating probably slightly mentally unstable people
    :love:
    :flowerforyou: :blushing:

Oh wait, you said slightly mentally unstable...
    Are you flexible about that, heavenly blessed beauty?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Hi everyone -

I've noticed that most of my adult life, I have managed to attract only one "type" of guy... you've probably never seen him, because he's always playing video games in his mom's basement. Or perhaps you have seen him because he will often frequent such places as fast food restaurants where he will be eating alone, or public transportation because he doesn't own a car or maybe you work with one of these people and he's that guy that brings the same thing in for lunch everyday and really needs a haircut.

Well if he's always in his parents basement, or frequenting bus stops, or public transportation due to not owning a car and you meet him all the time doesn't that mean YOU are always in his mom's basement or at a fastfood joint or a bus stop because you don't own a car? Seems like you're just sticking with your own on this one.

Lol this! Where are you finding these guys, the local high school? Stop dating guys you meet at bus stops, fast food places and basements. That should turn things around.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member

I'm talking about the "weird" guys... the oftentimes scrawny, nerdy, socially-awkward (and I mean in a if-a-girl-simply-makes-eye-contact-he-thinks-shes-flirting kind of awkward). For some reason, I only come across guys that are extremely socially inept. I find it odd because while I'm not the total opposite of that, I consider myself generally pleasant and am able to communicate in an effective way with the majority of society. I've had several boyfriends who have no friends and lots of mommy issues. Mind you, yes, some of this interaction has taken place online and that certainly draws a particular crowd, but seriously, every. single. guy. is. weird.

I'm just wondering where these people come from and why can't I have a "normal" person make advances towards me? Currently experiencing a public transit stalker.

OP I can sort of relate how you feel.

I've been trying to figure out why I grab some really strange guys attention. My problem is that I seem to attract the guys who are either way too old for me or care more about the 'high' of getting laid/satisfied rather than seeing me as a person.

Granted I look younger than I actually am, and I admit I have a dirty mind (in all honesty ladies who doesn't? lol) and online role playing is fun from time to time; but that does not give them the right to use me as a one night stand because "I look/sound sexy" (the really strange guys quote not mine and I get that a lot).

It makes sense why I hang out with the nerds because they don't evaluate me for "a score" and focus on knowing me for my likes/interests/conversations.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    I seem to attract the emotionally unavailable and/or married.
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Phenylethylamine_Phreak Posts: 2,211 Member

whatever...... What?, yes honey I will be right there....

:flowerforyou: kidding!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member

I'd ask "How you doin" but my wife says I should play it coy.
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Ok, I won't be around the bush. Humans know their leagues and stay within their leagues.

There is a reason Brad Pitt gets the Jennifer's and Angelina's of the world and why Pee Wee Herman gets the Mindy's of the world.

maximus which league do u fit in brad pitt or pee wee?
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    What if I am the weirdo?

Yeah I guess skinning cats while listening to Thunderkiss '65 wouldn't preclude you from that label.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Ok, I won't be around the bush. Humans know their leagues and stay within their leagues.

There is a reason Brad Pitt gets the Jennifer's and Angelina's of the world and why Pee Wee Herman gets the Mindy's of the world.

maximus which league do u fit in brad pitt or pee wee?

I think it would be awesome to be in Pee Wee's league.

All the weirdos I want!

Perhaps....

Probably not :sad: :sad: :sad: