All Inclusive Tropical Resort Coping Tips?

Options
13»

Replies

• greenlight22
    Options
    I had some problems finding decent salads (or vegetables for that matter) in Cuba, but then again I was in some of the smaller cities and never went to a resort. I was also watching my weight on this trip and I thought all the rice would get to me, but it didn't :) Luckily the local faire is usually a hearty brown rice that fills you up with a relatively small amount.

PS: Whoever said that the pork was good in Cuba, you speak the truth! I usually don't prefer pork, but at the places I ate at they almost always served it with a really great sauce.
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That was me! :)

From my experience, the best meats are the seafood, poultry and pork. Their "hamburguesas" are made with ground pork as well. Delish!

To the OP, if you have a chance to eat off the resort, do so. Try to find a restaurant that serves fresh lobster. You can get a lobster meal for two including apps and drinks for approx 20CUC per person. If you're going to Varadero, I can recommend a really good restaurant. Just PM and I'll give you the details.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself and worry about it when you get back. I just got back from Cuba on Apr 5.

When they say Cuban food isn't that great, they aren't lying... so I didn't indulge too much in food, maybe only the all you can eat lobster we can Friday evening.

Try to get a lot of exercise in if you can... walking, snorkelling, Havana trip!

But you are paying to be there so don't deprive yourself.

I gained a lot more than some (but I swell up a lot in hot places) and I am only a couple above my weight when I left.

Where are you going? What resort?

Enjoy!