Options

Replies

• stef_e_b
    Options
    I'm in!
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    ok what are your goals? fitness & weight-wise?
    right now I weigh myself monthly, on the 30th of every month so:
    Aug 30: 183 (high weight, I've just gotten back on the bandwagon!!)
    GW: 145

SW: 217.8
    CW: 209.4
    GW: 170-ish? we'll see.

i work out five days a week at the gym, taking classes:

m: turbo kick, arm weights
    t: step jump pump, leg weights
    w: bosu, pilates
    th: metabolic training, arm weights
    f: power sculpt, step and sculpt

i also try to go hiking over the weekend, which is pretty new to me. actually, all of this is pretty new to me! went on a 5 mile hike with my husband on saturday, and that burns calories like crazy! my goal right now is to *stay on track* and get to my classes each day. i wrote out a schedule that last for 8 weeks, and i keep thinking that if i actually do all this for that long, i am going to change so much! and if i can do this for 8 weeks, then i must really love it and can do it forever!

as for eating, i try to eat well, but in moderation. for example, every monday i eat a junior homewrecker burrito from moe's and i go to cold stone creamery. i love junk food. that's just how it is. but i've found out that i can still lose weight and eat what i want, so long as it's in moderation! maybe as i get more and more involved with this, that craving will diminish. we'll see.

i don't want to be super-skinny, but i do want to be able to wear what i want and be more fit!
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options

SW: 217.8
    CW: 209.4
    GW: 170-ish? we'll see.

i work out five days a week at the gym, taking classes:

m: turbo kick, arm weights
    t: step jump pump, leg weights
    w: bosu, pilates
    th: metabolic training, arm weights
    f: power sculpt, step and sculpt

i also try to go hiking over the weekend, which is pretty new to me. actually, all of this is pretty new to me! went on a 5 mile hike with my husband on saturday, and that burns calories like crazy! my goal right now is to *stay on track* and get to my classes each day. i wrote out a schedule that last for 8 weeks, and i keep thinking that if i actually do all this for that long, i am going to change so much! and if i can do this for 8 weeks, then i must really love it and can do it forever!

as for eating, i try to eat well, but in moderation. for example, every monday i eat a junior homewrecker burrito from moe's and i go to cold stone creamery. i love junk food. that's just how it is. but i've found out that i can still lose weight and eat what i want, so long as it's in moderation! maybe as i get more and more involved with this, that craving will diminish. we'll see.

i don't want to be super-skinny, but i do want to be able to wear what i want and be more fit!

1) how do you like bosu? I tried it once and do NOT have the balance for it!! lol
    2) you mus live by me! lol i have a moe's and a coldstone right next to eachother nearby, sooo tasty :)
    3) I agree about the super skinny, I have no desire to be a size 2, however if I could fit back in my size 8's I would be in heaven!!!
  • ohiogirl30
    ohiogirl30 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am 100% responsible for all this sooooo...... I'm in too!!! What's the details?? Thoughts??
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    I work 7 days a week so I don't have time to do any fitness classes...and I don't know if I could even keep up. I do, however, go to the gym about 5 times a week..but I don't necessarily have "days off"..if I CAN go everyday I WILL go everyday...if my husband and I have a date night then I take the night off. Because I work so much, I have to work out AFTER work...so that's how that works for me.

This is my first time ATTEMPTING to lose weight, on PURPOSE. I think I'm gonna keep it going as far as I can! So far I'm down 11 pounds. I've got a lot more to go but I lost all 11 in one month! That's something to be proud of myself for. I've cut out fast food...I was alwayssss eating fast food. I also don't drink pop (I'm Canadian, so yes, I said pop).

I weigh myself every either Saturday or Sunday...depending on whether or not I can sneak in to the gym to jump on the scale before work or not. I definitely weigh myself every week. I like the little surprises. I don't have the patience to wait an entire month although being oblivious until you see a more dramatic number does sound fun.

I pretty much do strength training first then hop on some type of cardio...I push myself more and more everyday on the eliptical. I did 45 minutes yesterday and burned 500 cals!! WOW for me that is huge! I have so much room to improve though lol.
  • ghalliday
    ghalliday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm a non mom........need some encouragement and motivation to stay on track ......after putting a pound on this week :-S
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh in until 15th November but I do measure myself every saturday! Let's do this xxx

I measure too, i weigh in every monday (just started, today is 2nd monday i'll weigh myself)...how often do you measure? do you do chest, waist, hips? when i saw "neck" on here where you keep track of your measurements, i chuckled a little, so i just put my chest size where the "neck" measurement is.

right now i'm 42-42-46 i think? let me double check on my tools menu
  • Nikiki
    Options
    I work 7 days a week so I don't have time to do any fitness classes...and I don't know if I could even keep up. I do, however, go to the gym about 5 times a week..but I don't necessarily have "days off"..if I CAN go everyday I WILL go everyday...if my husband and I have a date night then I take the night off. Because I work so much, I have to work out AFTER work...so that's how that works for me.

This is my first time ATTEMPTING to lose weight, on PURPOSE. I think I'm gonna keep it going as far as I can! So far I'm down 11 pounds. I've got a lot more to go but I lost all 11 in one month! That's something to be proud of myself for. I've cut out fast food...I was alwayssss eating fast food. (b) I also don't drink pop (I'm Canadian, so yes, I said pop) (/b).

I weigh myself every either Saturday or Sunday...depending on whether or not I can sneak in to the gym to jump on the scale before work or not. I definitely weigh myself every week. I like the little surprises. I don't have the patience to wait an entire month although being oblivious until you see a more dramatic number does sound fun.

I pretty much do strength training first then hop on some type of cardio...I push myself more and more everyday on the eliptical. I did 45 minutes yesterday and burned 500 cals!! WOW for me that is huge! I have so much room to improve though lol.

hehe I say pop too, I'm from Ohio, didnt realize Canadians called it pop too!

I was doing weekly but could easily get discouraged by a bad weigh-in. I fell off the wagon big time and am just getting back on, I wanted to give myself plenty of time to ease back into it before starting to weigh again :)
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    i'm in for sure! =)
  • lilRicki
    Options
    i lied, those were my starting measurements...my chest = 41, waist = 41, hips = 45 and i'm sitting at 215lbs (gawd i started at 210...i'm a little anxious to see what i'm at tonight)
  • Beebee78
    Options
    ok what are your goals? fitness & weight-wise?
    right now I weigh myself monthly, on the 30th of every month so:
    Aug 30: 183 (high weight, I've just gotten back on the bandwagon!!)
    GW: 145

I hope to be 175-ish when I weigh in on Thursday morning!

as for fitness, right now I bike every morning with my dog (today was 4.5 miles in 30 minutes) take walk with a friend of mine (skipped today cause it started raining but last week Friday was 1.78 miles) and today I'm starting a free 30 day trial at a gym so I'll do whatever cardio equipment they have. My goal is to get in 35 miles this week (mon-fri, weekends are bonus)

My goals are to be fit and healthy and a nice size. Ideally I would like to be under 154lbs but as mine is mostly fitness related this may change depending on how much muscle I get! xxx

The only starting measurement I can remember is my thigh which was 75cm, my trainer wont tell me the rest!! Lol at you thinking neck/chest! I just want to see if the exercises I do help my neck! They are now:

Neck : 36.5cm ( 14inches)
    Thigh: 62.5cm ( 24 inches)
    Chest: 102cm ( 40 inches)
    Waist: 119.5cm (47inches)
    Hips: 132cm ( 52 inches).

last time I was weighed was 3 weeks ago and I weighed in at 229lbs.
  • dk82
    dk82 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    works for me.
    ...I've cut out fast food...I was alwayssss eating fast food. (b) I also don't drink pop (I'm Canadian, so yes, I said pop) (/b)....

hehe I say pop too, I'm from Ohio, didnt realize Canadians called it pop too!

Maybe it's an Ohio thing too.. I'm from Ohio and I say pop.
  • lilRicki
    Options

ok, you're measuring 5 things...i will too then. but they're going to be my starting measurements because today will be the first time i'll have measured...so we're going to do it once a week? maybe i'll just add it to my monday line up lol
  • Beebee78
    Options

ok, you're measuring 5 things...i will too then. but they're going to be my starting measurements because today will be the first time i'll have measured...so we're going to do it once a week? maybe i'll just add it to my monday line up lol

Plan with jam!!! xxx
  • Nikiki
    Options
    ok i need to buy a tape measure and then I'll add that in with my monthly measurements :)
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Hey we could have a running table of inches lost! xxx
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'll join :) I haven't joined a group yet, it could be fun.

I never had a child.. but I do have alot of fat parts I need to get rid of!

Sadly I did it all my self over all these years of being unemployed.. but now it's time to be active and get the weight off!

My goal is over 100+ and I'm at 33 lost so far... so far so good!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I am in. I am in another group I have been pretty much running after 2 others got busy with thier own lifes but it has pretty much died down to 3 people. I am over half way to my goal but still have 42lbs to go. I will give you more information later tonight.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    :bigsmile: I feel better already...
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Aw that's good! I am off to bed now - I have horrid period pains and I am back to work tomorrow after 2 weeks off because I had too many attacks of angioedema in a short space of time :( not looking forward to it as I know I will be washed out after today! xxx