P90X3!! Success stories!!

Options

Replies

• jbkeough
    jbkeough Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have any of you invested in a pull up assist? Wondering if it would help me get more out of the workouts while I work on my pull up capacity?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Have any of you invested in a pull up assist? Wondering if it would help me get more out of the workouts while I work on my pull up capacity?

I don't have the pull up assist, but I have a door attachment (not the BB one). I have tendinitis in my wrist so this is much better. I use an 80-100 lb resistance band.
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have 2 weeks left. I have actually put on about 4-5 pounds of lean muscle. I went from 175 -179, lost an inch off my waist, but gained 2 inches of muscle all around. I'm good with that!
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I started off with using a chair.
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just finished up a round. I lost 17lbs but i didn't lose anything in the first block because my diet wasn't right yet. Today is day 1 of round two for me. Yes, I do more than the 30 minutes recommended because my body needs more than 30 minutes to lose the amount of weight I want to lose. I'm sure once the weight is gone then I could possibly stick with 30 minutes a day. I have a love hate with Tony. Love the results but hate working out! ;-)))
  • MelWilB137
    MelWilB137 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I tried P90X in the past, and recently bought the pull-up assist band. Without it I can only do 2 pull-ups so I feel like this goes along way toward real pull-ups...it's easy to use and easy to adjust. I started P90x3 last week and am glad to have the band...improvement over a chair or just modified with resistance bands.
    I am recommitted to both exercising daily and logging my MFP for the next 9 weeks...so here's hoping for something.
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Are people here following the rotation as perscribed? I am used to working out longer and curious if folks are adding in more time?

I am on week 4 of the final block, and I do supplement this program. I run 3-4 times a week and circuit train for endurance.

This pic reflects 25lb difference. I've made significant progress since the 60 day mark and can't wait to so submit and get my t-shirt. Yeah, whoever thought a t-shirt would be such a motivator :laugh:

ZhS6ayp.jpg
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm on it too atm. My diet sucks soI don't think I'm losing what I should lose. But I've noticed myself much more flexible and thoughtful of my body.
  • tcardena
    tcardena Posts: 17
    Options
    Are people here following the rotation as perscribed? I am used to working out longer and curious if folks are adding in more time?

I am on week 4 of the final block, and I do supplement this program. I run 3-4 times a week and circuit train for endurance.

This pic reflects 25lb difference. I've made significant progress since the 60 day mark and can't wait to so submit and get my t-shirt. Yeah, whoever thought a t-shirt would be such a motivator :laugh:

ZhS6ayp.jpg

Great results man! I'm on week 4 of Bock 1 right now. 30 minutes a day didn't seem like enough for me either. I've been running 3-4 times a week as well. Can't wait to get started on Block 2.
  • jbkeough
    jbkeough Posts: 5 Member
    Options

ZhS6ayp.jpg

Great results man! I'm on week 4 of Bock 1 right now. 30 minutes a day didn't seem like enough for me either. I've been running 3-4 times a week as well. Can't wait to get started on Block 2.

Great results - thanks for sharing.

I think I will start the Classic Rotation next week and add in some running and strength here and there as well.

Appreciate people's thoughts on pull up assist as well. Think I will look into it. I just purchased a pull up bar and can just do 4 at a time for starters.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I run 3 x a week in conjunction with P90X3. I haven't seen any weight loss (I'm keeping cals pretty high) but my flexibility, cardio and strength have all shown improvements.

ETA: wow at all you beginners who can do even ONE proper pull-up... I've finished P90X and I'm halfway through P90X3 and still can't do one :/
  • raevyn70
    raevyn70 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

My husband was and he said it helped him a lot. He is now progressing without it. I stick with the bands.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    yes...for pull ups and chin ups...use the backseat of a chair....on leg with your tippy toes resting on it for leverage.
    This works super great.

Or, get a heavy band and do it like the modifier. I'm able to do one hand chin ups BUT...when i've hurted my shoulder i was using a 50lbs band and it was doing the trick...just do more...til it burns!
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member
    Options

ZhS6ayp.jpg

Been meaning to ask, did you get more ink done between those two pics? :)
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Here are my results so far
    Before Weight 215
    Currently down to 197
    and I've lost about 16.5 inches all over. And I'm building a lot of strength.
    77f93566-ad10-4193-b1db-b43ed725800b_zps3d099b01.jpg

7cf04400-947c-4a86-9084-f1e80cffed3e_zpse839426a.jpg

So far I'm block 3 end of week 1. I don't stay on schedule like I should, but I do a lot of yard work that makes up for "missed" days. Also, I don't go longer than 3 days without workouts. I'm sure if i did this daily I may have more progress, but I like where I'm going right now.

Wow! Great results! Way to go hun!
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last week of P90X3, and to be honest...I have not had any changes in my measurements and my weight has even gone up. Possibly I wasn't eating enough while doing this program, but it's discouraging none the less. I actually got better results from weight training and cardio at the gym, which I will be going back to once X3 is complete
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done the 90 day mass version. At first it was hard to get used to because I'm used to lifting 3-4 times a week for at least an hour plus my cardio/HIIT. However, my pushups and pullups have improved soo much. I'm also glad that the program makes me have yoga days and pilates, stretching, etc. I needed more of that in my program. I still do HIIT a couple times a week to supplement.

I've lost 3lbs and 1.3% body fat. That's very impressive for me because I don't have a ton of weight to lose and the closer I get to my goal, the tougher it is to lose. Note that I credit this loss to less cardio and therefore less hunger/metabolic adaptation (remember, I'm doing the mass program, not the fat loss).

It's a good program! I am looking forward to getting back into my compound lifts like deads, squats, etc. with my barbells though. Miss those terribly.
  • tcardena
    tcardena Posts: 17
    Options
    yes...for pull ups and chin ups...use the backseat of a chair....on leg with your tippy toes resting on it for leverage.
    This works super great.

Or, get a heavy band and do it like the modifier. I'm able to do one hand chin ups BUT...when i've hurted my shoulder i was using a 50lbs band and it was doing the trick...just do more...til it burns!

Yeah, I'm stuck using bands too. The pull-up bar would tear up the trim work around our doors so it's an obvious no go. Unfortunate because I feel like I'd be getting so much more out of pull-ups or attempting pull-ups.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of weeks left before I take more pics for the end of block 3, but these are from the start and then end of block 2.

cufnlxm.jpg
    AxvM2tp.jpg
    qTM2nMp.jpg
  • rhenry086
    rhenry086 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm adding in 4 days a week of running and 1 day of cross training, can be walking or something more fun.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!