Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

P90X3!! Success stories!!

Replies

• jbkeough
    jbkeough Posts: 5 Member
    Have any of you invested in a pull up assist? Wondering if it would help me get more out of the workouts while I work on my pull up capacity?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,420 MFP Moderator
    Have any of you invested in a pull up assist? Wondering if it would help me get more out of the workouts while I work on my pull up capacity?

I don't have the pull up assist, but I have a door attachment (not the BB one). I have tendinitis in my wrist so this is much better. I use an 80-100 lb resistance band.
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    I have 2 weeks left. I have actually put on about 4-5 pounds of lean muscle. I went from 175 -179, lost an inch off my waist, but gained 2 inches of muscle all around. I'm good with that!
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    I started off with using a chair.
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    I just finished up a round. I lost 17lbs but i didn't lose anything in the first block because my diet wasn't right yet. Today is day 1 of round two for me. Yes, I do more than the 30 minutes recommended because my body needs more than 30 minutes to lose the amount of weight I want to lose. I'm sure once the weight is gone then I could possibly stick with 30 minutes a day. I have a love hate with Tony. Love the results but hate working out! ;-)))
  • MelWilB137
    MelWilB137 Posts: 20 Member
    I tried P90X in the past, and recently bought the pull-up assist band. Without it I can only do 2 pull-ups so I feel like this goes along way toward real pull-ups...it's easy to use and easy to adjust. I started P90x3 last week and am glad to have the band...improvement over a chair or just modified with resistance bands.
    I am recommitted to both exercising daily and logging my MFP for the next 9 weeks...so here's hoping for something.
  • urban_ninja
    urban_ninja Posts: 175 Member
    Are people here following the rotation as perscribed? I am used to working out longer and curious if folks are adding in more time?

I am on week 4 of the final block, and I do supplement this program. I run 3-4 times a week and circuit train for endurance.

This pic reflects 25lb difference. I've made significant progress since the 60 day mark and can't wait to so submit and get my t-shirt. Yeah, whoever thought a t-shirt would be such a motivator :laugh:

ZhS6ayp.jpg
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Good luck! I'm on it too atm. My diet sucks soI don't think I'm losing what I should lose. But I've noticed myself much more flexible and thoughtful of my body.
  • tcardena
    tcardena Posts: 17
    Are people here following the rotation as perscribed? I am used to working out longer and curious if folks are adding in more time?

I am on week 4 of the final block, and I do supplement this program. I run 3-4 times a week and circuit train for endurance.

This pic reflects 25lb difference. I've made significant progress since the 60 day mark and can't wait to so submit and get my t-shirt. Yeah, whoever thought a t-shirt would be such a motivator :laugh:

ZhS6ayp.jpg

Great results man! I'm on week 4 of Bock 1 right now. 30 minutes a day didn't seem like enough for me either. I've been running 3-4 times a week as well. Can't wait to get started on Block 2.
  • jbkeough
    jbkeough Posts: 5 Member

ZhS6ayp.jpg

Great results man! I'm on week 4 of Bock 1 right now. 30 minutes a day didn't seem like enough for me either. I've been running 3-4 times a week as well. Can't wait to get started on Block 2.

Great results - thanks for sharing.

I think I will start the Classic Rotation next week and add in some running and strength here and there as well.

Appreciate people's thoughts on pull up assist as well. Think I will look into it. I just purchased a pull up bar and can just do 4 at a time for starters.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    I run 3 x a week in conjunction with P90X3. I haven't seen any weight loss (I'm keeping cals pretty high) but my flexibility, cardio and strength have all shown improvements.

ETA: wow at all you beginners who can do even ONE proper pull-up... I've finished P90X and I'm halfway through P90X3 and still can't do one :/
  • raevyn70
    raevyn70 Posts: 113 Member

My husband was and he said it helped him a lot. He is now progressing without it. I stick with the bands.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    yes...for pull ups and chin ups...use the backseat of a chair....on leg with your tippy toes resting on it for leverage.
    This works super great.

Or, get a heavy band and do it like the modifier. I'm able to do one hand chin ups BUT...when i've hurted my shoulder i was using a 50lbs band and it was doing the trick...just do more...til it burns!
  • impromark
    impromark Posts: 119 Member

ZhS6ayp.jpg

Been meaning to ask, did you get more ink done between those two pics? :)
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Here are my results so far
    Before Weight 215
    Currently down to 197
    and I've lost about 16.5 inches all over. And I'm building a lot of strength.
    77f93566-ad10-4193-b1db-b43ed725800b_zps3d099b01.jpg

7cf04400-947c-4a86-9084-f1e80cffed3e_zpse839426a.jpg

So far I'm block 3 end of week 1. I don't stay on schedule like I should, but I do a lot of yard work that makes up for "missed" days. Also, I don't go longer than 3 days without workouts. I'm sure if i did this daily I may have more progress, but I like where I'm going right now.

Wow! Great results! Way to go hun!
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    I'm on my last week of P90X3, and to be honest...I have not had any changes in my measurements and my weight has even gone up. Possibly I wasn't eating enough while doing this program, but it's discouraging none the less. I actually got better results from weight training and cardio at the gym, which I will be going back to once X3 is complete
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    I'm almost done the 90 day mass version. At first it was hard to get used to because I'm used to lifting 3-4 times a week for at least an hour plus my cardio/HIIT. However, my pushups and pullups have improved soo much. I'm also glad that the program makes me have yoga days and pilates, stretching, etc. I needed more of that in my program. I still do HIIT a couple times a week to supplement.

I've lost 3lbs and 1.3% body fat. That's very impressive for me because I don't have a ton of weight to lose and the closer I get to my goal, the tougher it is to lose. Note that I credit this loss to less cardio and therefore less hunger/metabolic adaptation (remember, I'm doing the mass program, not the fat loss).

It's a good program! I am looking forward to getting back into my compound lifts like deads, squats, etc. with my barbells though. Miss those terribly.
  • tcardena
    tcardena Posts: 17
    yes...for pull ups and chin ups...use the backseat of a chair....on leg with your tippy toes resting on it for leverage.
    This works super great.

Or, get a heavy band and do it like the modifier. I'm able to do one hand chin ups BUT...when i've hurted my shoulder i was using a 50lbs band and it was doing the trick...just do more...til it burns!

Yeah, I'm stuck using bands too. The pull-up bar would tear up the trim work around our doors so it's an obvious no go. Unfortunate because I feel like I'd be getting so much more out of pull-ups or attempting pull-ups.
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    I have a couple of weeks left before I take more pics for the end of block 3, but these are from the start and then end of block 2.

cufnlxm.jpg
    AxvM2tp.jpg
    qTM2nMp.jpg
  • rhenry086
    rhenry086 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm adding in 4 days a week of running and 1 day of cross training, can be walking or something more fun.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!