Chicken Breast

Options
jyow01
jyow01 Posts: 123 Member
I have chicken breast for tonight tired of the same old way I cook it. Please leave your ideas I need kid friendly and moist. Thank you in advance for your help.

Replies

• sammer825
    sammer825 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I usually always bake my chicken breast with some lemon pepper seasoning or cajun seasoning. it comes out juicy and really tasty. I also like to cook it in a pan with a little lemon juice and garlic powder. Again, it comes out juicy! I also make feta chicken burgers, they are soo good.

1 lb ground chicken
    1 Tbsp fresh oregano (i use about a teaspoon of dried)
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    7 tbsp feta cheese
    fry them up in a pan, or they'd be more delicious on the grill!

hope this helps!:flowerforyou:
  • sabrinahursman
    Options
    A kid friendly recipe my kids love is spaghetti bake! Cook noodles and add in cooked chicken pieces mix in sauce and a little bit of velveta cheese and bake in oven until heated and cheese is melted.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You can check recipes on skinnytaste.com, but an easy one is to cut them in small pieces, roll them in egg whites, then in panko crumbs, then bake for 30 minutes.
  • jyow01
    jyow01 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions I appreciate it.
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I bake my 4oz chicken breast with 2T Italian dressing (I use Ken's Northern Italian) drizzled on it and sometimes sprinkle a bit of light parmesan cheese on it if you can spare the calories. With or without is good. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until not longer pink inside.

ETA - my kids love it (8yo - 10yo - 16yo - 20yo)
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    chicken tacos
  • megsta91
    megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i cover my chicken in egg whites (used to use butter..and i wonder why i'm fat) and bread them in mashed potato flakes mixed with a little parm cheese and salt/pepper. bake at 400 for about 20 minutes, should comes out flaky on outside moist on inside. so yummy and makes me feel like i'm having a side of mashed potatoes because of the coating.
  • jsantus
    jsantus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like to Grill mine and then put it in a wrap (Banderita low carb/low fat wheat wrap is my favorite) with some lettuce, tomato & onion and a nice drizzle of Frank's wing sauce (which is very low in calories).

Top that off with 3 beers and a basket of fries with extra salt! (yes, I'm kidding)
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Marinate in yogurt for at least an hour, up to a day if you have time! It will be so moist and tender, promise!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    My current favorite way to handle chicken breast is to brown it with a little coconut oil spray in a cast-iron skillet, then deglaze with a little cooking sherry and simmer until the sherry has cooked off. To. Die. For.
  • Nascarchic48
    Options
    Hello! I have found so many great recipes on Pinterest! Love that site. You can find all kind of healthy foods and all different ways to cook chicken:)
  • Nascarchic48
    Options
    Lol!! Love that with the beer and fries:)
  • saradee413
    Options
    Hummus Crusted Chicken!! Take your favorite hummus (I used garlic lovers) smear a thick layer on top of a chicken breast sprinkle with a little lemon juice and paprika, and bake in the oven over slices of squash/veggies and potatoes (in a grease glass dish). It is so so juicy and delicious! The hummus kind of crusts on the top, and has the texture of breadcrumbs almost... Your kids won't even notice the difference!
  • ABsolute85
    ABsolute85 Posts: 156
    Options
    I use a princess house cooker and some grapeseed oil to cook it in the microwave...it goes from raw (about a 6 oz breast) to done in about 5 minutes...before cooking I put the grapeseed oil on and then sprinkle the seasoning of my choice! It's great!
  • Lizabelle1212
    Lizabelle1212 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Bump. I'm in desperate need of new chicken recipes, too =)
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    You can check recipes on skinnytaste.com, but an easy one is to cut them in small pieces, roll them in egg whites, then in panko crumbs, then bake for 30 minutes.

Same basic idea, but we substituted greek yogurt for the egg white and crushed up pretzels for the panko crumbs. Our 5-year old twins loved two of their favorites being combined.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Another good one that we just tried, but requires a long cook time....Chicken Pot Pie Stew (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Chicken-Pot-Pie-Stew/)
  • grumpyldo
    grumpyldo Posts: 21
    Options
    Low carb version is parmesan cheese and ground up pork rinds with spices.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Broil the chicken breast with some fajita seasoning sprinkled on. When cooked through, add taco cheese or pepper jack cheese on top of the breast meat. Return to oven until the cheese melts. Crumble up some tortilla chips and top with Salsa. My boys LOVE this!
  • vuco1990
    vuco1990 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Uhm, chicken breast. That is my favorite meal. I could live whole my life just on chicken breast, tuna, eggs and cottage cheese.