Chicken Breast

Options

Replies

• cchew686
    cchew686 Posts: 108
    Options
    Broil the chicken breast with some fajita seasoning sprinkled on. When cooked through, add taco cheese or pepper jack cheese on top of the breast meat. Return to oven until the cheese melts. Crumble up some tortilla chips and top with Salsa. My boys LOVE this!

That sounds delicious. I am totally going to try it.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste has tons of chicken recipes, I have yet to find any that are not husband approved.

www.skinnytaste.com
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I grill it with some salsa - serve over Spanish rice with a little cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato (think taco) and a dollop of sour cream - everyone eats it - from the 8 year old kid - to the adults.
  • altaroxy
    altaroxy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like to make stuffed chicken breasts. I cut a slit the length of the breast to make a pocket, I usually put in a mixture of chopped spinach (either fresh or frozen) chopped sun dried tomatoes and some flavorful cheese like goat cheese, parmesan or feta. Brush the top with olive oil, sprinkle on some salt and pepper and bake at 350 until the chicken is cooked. You could use American cheese or mozzarella and skip the veggies for your kids.
  • Cmejstrik
    Cmejstrik Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The chicken Piccata recipe on emilybites.com is awesome. My husband even ate the leftovers and he usually REFUSES to eat leftovers (his mother spoiled him), I am a terrible cook and I pulled it off fine in twenty minutes. Oh, I did add white wine to the sauce.
  • MissInfiniti
    MissInfiniti Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    A little different, but something I love doing: I take the chicken breast, boil it until done and throw it in a food processor (mixer or shredding by hand also will suffice). Add Walden farms ranch dressing (0 calories), hot sauce (minimal calories), half Oz fat free cream cheese (15 calories) and 1/4 cup fat free mozzarella (45 calories). Bake in my toaster oven for around 10 minutes, just enough to melt the cheese. It is like a chicken wing dip-ish texture. I eat it right with a spoon... delicious and filling for only 200-ish calories.
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    If you can afford the calories, just cut the breasts up into more "finger" sized chicken bites and bake them in shake n' bake. If you don't like the shake n' bake or its too many calories, just toast/dry out 1 piece of bread, crumble it up in a ziploc and use spices like basil/sage/garlic and a bit of grated parmesan in your mix, then roll the chicken in the mix before baking.

Makes baked chicken fingers! Mmmm nomnomnom.
  • benlambrou
    benlambrou Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I stir fry chicken with green/red peppers and onions. some times a little jalepenos.

I use every kind of Ms Dash seasonings and mix it up. Add cayenne here and there.

Barbecue sauce and marinades.

Ground chicken instead of chicken breasts.

Turkey breast / ground turkey. Its about the same but still different.

Add beef here and there. Use lean meats and lean ground beef. Fajitas. Stews. Grilled.Hamburger. Adding beef helped me get through all the chicken i eat.
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I do low carb so often I take chicken breast and wrap in bacon and cook and when it is cooked I top with one ounce mozzella and put back into the oven until melted.

I'm actually making this right now. This time I put a little fresh basil paste on the chicken before the bacon.

I also have an amazing jerk chicken recipe that I found on Pinterest but I don't know how to post the link on here :-/
  • Lisapayne76
    Lisapayne76 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I bake mine in zesty italian dressing. Kids always ask for seconds. This is a favorite meal for camping. We will put baked potatoes in one crock pot and the chicken in a second crock pot. Throw on a veggie when we get back to camper and voila great meal.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I dip the chicken breasts in egg, then dip them in grated Parmesan cheese, then bake them. They come really moist and tender and yummy.
  • ALNoog
    Options
    Or sometimes I will mix cream cheese and diced jalepenos and put that mixture on before I wrap it in the bacon... So so good
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Slice chicken breasts into flat pieces. Marinade chicken breast fillets in oil, cumin, sweet chilli sauce/ or chilli flakes, paprika, garlic and salt. Fry both sides in non-stick pan, serve on couscous with butter and spinach. 8 minutes
  • dougp4158
    Options
    Marinate that chicken breast in the Kens overnight and either broil or grill it the next day. Be sure to perforate the chicken with a fork before marinating. Delicious.
  • Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    These all sound great so . . . bump
  • dianamckinley1
    Options
    I cook my boneless skinless chicken breasts in a cooking bag...it keeps it very moist and it makes clean up very easy!:tongue:
  • ALNoog
    Options
    FYI... I had never made the bacon mozzerella chicken with basil before (only without) and I just sat down to eat it and it is amazing!
    And so moist I can cut it with just a fork.
  • acarr4u
    acarr4u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Marinate in yogurt for at least an hour, up to a day if you have time! It will be so moist and tender, promise!

this!!!! add whatever spices you like to the yogurt and it is delicious!!!
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas, there are tons of chicken recipes on Pinterest.