Do you see any change in my body?

Options
13»

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    There is a difference in your arms. It is not really noticeable on the rest of your body, but it is still early, so I would certainly not worry about it. Are you exercising at all? It will help on the long run.
  • RainbowMane
    Options
    I think that getting frustrated and learning to deal with that frustration is part of the process.

This. So much. Don't get down about slow progress. I know it's hard to stay motivated when you're not seeing the results you hope for... I'm feeling that right now too. The scale is moving so you know you're doing something right. Just think of it this way: Baby steps in the right direction is better than no steps in the right direction. Count your calories, do some cardio, work those muscles, and you will see results. Get it, girl!
  • tavenne323
    tavenne323 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    A little bit in your tummy, like others have said. I started at over 240 and I think I lost my first 20 pounds from my face.
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I would take some measurements and compare those if you aren't already (didn't read comments). To me, the frontal picture looks like you've lost a few inches. You looked "wider" in the top photos. I've noticed that where I carry the majority of my weight is the last place to lose. For example, I'll get small arms, stomach, etc, but my thighs will still be bigger until I'm significantly down. Good luck, keep up the amazing work!

ETA: Weight can come off of some strange places, too. My wrist and ankles get smaller, as well as my neck, which aren't places I generally look at for weight loss. So there's a good chance that a few of those pounds are coming from unexpected and generally ignored areas of your body.

Edit again: Your arms look smaller on the side photos, too. By the way, props on keeping the belly ring out. You'll want to keep him out until your body readjusts to your liking. It doesn't happen to everyone, but I was unfortunately a victim of migration and scar tissue after weight loss which sucks.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    My stomach looks like it hangs much lower which sucks... Not sure why that is. :sad:

I think your stomach appears lower because its less full. Are you measuring inches? I think you'd see a difference.

Are you strength training? I think you're going to see some loose skin for awhile and that will help.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Regardless of whether you can see any discernible change in pictures, you know it is there on the scale. It will start to show big time soon.

What you should be thankful for, aside from the number change on the scale, is that you have someone in your life that is complimentary and supportive. So many people come on here and are sad because there is no one in their life that provides any cheerleading or encouragement. Sounds like your mom is right there for you.

You have scale victory and a great family member.

Celebrate!!!!!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    A little bit in your tummy, like others have said. I started at over 240 and I think I lost my first 20 pounds from my face.

I seem to lose top down as well.
  • JMel86
    JMel86 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I wish I could see your pic but I'm on a ****ty tablet. I just want to give some encouragement. Don't give up, I didn't see a difference until I lost 30lbs & others didn't really notice til close to 40. I would recommend takng measurements. You can get one at your local fabric store or a walmart/target type place. You mom probably can see a difference. She's knows you & your body well. My husband mentioned my weight loss at 10lbs but not anyone else. I think its coz we're always together. Don't get discouraged. You'll start to see the difference. Give yourself time. Best of luck :)
  • _shannon92
    _shannon92 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Its a bit hard to tell but I can bet that you've lost weight in your face. That was the main place I lost weight at first and so do several others! Just be patient though. You're doing great so far!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I don't see much of a change yet from your photos.

It took me over 40 pounds lost before I started seeing a change. But then it was like, WHOA!!

Keep at it...it takes time. A lot of time. So much time. And lots and lots and LOTS of patience. And consistency. But when you get there, it's worth it. :flowerforyou: