Do you mind eating at a restaurant by yourself?

Options

Replies

• kmorales_4
    kmorales_4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'll do it, but it's so much better when hubby or a good friend is there to join me.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I am fine with it. I don't understand why people get all freaked out by eating or doing other things alone. Makes no sense to me.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I'd feel odd sitting at a table alone, but I have no problems being alone and ordering a meal at the bar.
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Phenylethylamine_Phreak Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I do it when i am travelling. i do it when I am in town. It is a confidence builder. like going to a movie alone
  • TheFisherKing
    Options
    You are never alone with Jesus. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(coughcough)HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • ToraChan2310
    Options
    Hell no. I always go by myself
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I do not go out by myself
  • marleyskye05
    Options
    Nope, I have done it several times. A lot of people are afraid of being by themselves or afraid of being "judged" because they are alone. I think that's silly. I happen to thoroughly enjoy my own company. I don't get what the big deal is?
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Nope. I eat at restaurants by myself fairly regularly while I travel for work.
  • KoopaSix
    KoopaSix Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't care...if I go to a restaurant I'm going to EAT. Not to impress anyone there. I could give 2 ****s what anyone there thinks about me eating alone. I'm eating and making gains...they arn't. Joke's on them.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I do either or...it's not an issue for me to eat alone.
  • SummerRain43
    Options
    i don't mind at all.....i eat in restaurants often....all different types.....i just bring a good book.....on St Patricks Day i went to the pub by myself.....it was packed with a 2 hour wait....i breezed right in because it was just me and i got the last spot at the bar....ended up meeting a friendly group of people at the bar and hung out with them all evening....one of the girls was an aussie and i grew up in new Zealand so that's how we got chatting.....had a great time....but most of the time it's just me in a quiet corner eating and reading my book and enjoying peace and quiet.....:)
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've gone out to eat lunch by myself before. I don't really have a problem doing things alone. I can concentrate on my food more lol
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I would do it. I went to the movies by myself once and it was great. it was a few years ago, I'll do it again if there is a movie I really want to watch.

but back to the restaurant, I should try it.
  • s1rens0ng
    s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ive been doing it since i was 10 yrs old lol

i met my husband when i was 18 and he does'nt do eating out, unless its a drive through and we dont leave the car :P
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I used to be scared going to the movies alone. Like im weird or something going with no friends. But now I go and if im hungry ill go to a restaurant solo.
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    wouldn't bother me at al!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I kind of like eating alone, when I used to live in the city, I would dress up on my days off, make a lunch reservation at a fancy/nice restaurant, bring a good book (no trash novels please) and people watch. I made sure they didn't seat me in the crappy spots like right next to the kitchen or passage to the washrooms. It's very relaxing to be fussed over for dinner and not have to cook or clean up. I always used to wonder who people thought I might be, as I was well dressed, feeling comfortable alone, and enjoying my dinner & drink. I'd let my husband know what I thought of each restaurant and sometimes we would go back to them if they were good.

Kind of stealth restaurant review. If they treated a woman alone properly, they certainly got our business again.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I enjoy going out to eat alone sometimes. But I have 5 kids, so I also enjoy getting to go the bathroom alone.

Anyway, go if you want to. Take a book or a magazine, or just people watch.

This for me, except with 4 kids! Eating alone wouldn't bother me at all.
  • AussieGal73
    Options
    I like to eat alone, sometimes I just don't feel like talking :) Don't mind it at all if someone is also eating alone and asks to sit with me, makes for an interesting time.