No makeup

Options

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I very rarely wear makeup. I don't mind putting it on but hate having to take it off before bed.

And nail polish just chips off in like half a day anyway.
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup one day out of the year with the rest of my costume.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I like makeup, just makes me feel better. If something *that isn't hurting anyone or myself makes me feel better or prettier, then why not?! I don't judge others that don't wear it, I just like it. (I also love nail polish, but don't always wear it. I don't like when it starts to chip.)
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    The most I wear in terms of makeup is lipbalm/chap stick. Once in awhile I'll wear powder. But I prefer the natural look because I don't have to worry about reapplying my makeup if it runs or I sweat it off.

The only time I can think of me using the full blown makeup (mascara, powder, eyeshadow, ect) is if I am in a anime convention and I have a really fancy cosplay that requires me to wear a lot of makeup. So far most of the cosplays I've picked have allowed me to not wear the outrageous amounts of makeup and focuses on my natural skin tone. lol
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update, OP. I think I speak for most, if not all, when I say that we've been waiting and waiting for you to divulge this information.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I guess I don't understand the point of this. You don't want to start a battle in that thread, so let's just start one here! Yay!!

If you don't like make-up, fine. If you do, fine. I think as adults, we can all make that choice and recognize that beauty is subjective (meaning that just because you prefer natural, doesn't mean everyone does).
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    This thread goes the same EVERY time.

JC wear it if you like it, when you like it...or dont at all.

YAAAY
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I like how I feel when I'm wearing it so I do wear it sort of often. However, I also like NOT wearing it so I will often go without. It just depends on my mood and frame of mind. I don't need to choose a side if we start a battle over it, I just do what I want. :) I do have rosacea so when I'm having a flare up I like to put a little coverup on to tone it down. Otherwise I have people asking me how I managed to get a sunburn in gray, gray Washington in the winter!
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I wear mascara when I go to work or if I go out somewhere with hubby.

And I wear Burt's bees chap stick in pomegranate (love that stuff). That is all I own for makeup. I feel itchy with foundation and lipstick. That's just me though. My skin is sensitive I think.

Love my skin creams though. I'd spend a fortune on them if I could.

I did like the idea in the other thread about trying a new makeup item every so often as a perk for goals being met. I might actually do that.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    some women need it some don't , some just like it .. , I say whatever floats your boat
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    You know what they say about no nailpolish...
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I prefer women who don't wear a lot of makeup. Some is ok, but natural is just as good to me. If there is too much, you either look like a *kitten* or clown, both of which are not desirable to me.

Just out of curiosity, could you provide an example of someone with a "natural" look?
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of how makeup feels (it is heavy and whatnot and i always have to be careful of touching my face) but at the same time it makes me feel more awake and ready for the day.

I feel like it makes me prettier... which is it's job no? It can also look really cool! It helps me fit into certain styles a bit better.

I don't like cleaning it off.... it's a pain!

SO! all in all i wear makeup when i feel like it to give myself that extra boost.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If I don't wear makeup people can tell I'm a actually a guy. .
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i either wear no makeup at all or wear as much as i want there's no in between with me. i really do prefer wearing none at all though, much easier
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:

^this
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    some women need it some don't , some just like it .. , I say whatever floats your boat

I don't think any woman "needs" it.

But yeah, whatever floats your boat. Wear it or don't, doesn't matter either way.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I feel like I've read this thread somewhere before :huh:
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update, OP. I think I speak for most, if not all, when I say that we've been waiting and waiting for you to divulge this information.

Feel better?