Any advice? 130lb wanting to go down to around 100

Options

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Girl, you are unrealistic.

I'm 5'4 and my goal weight is what you are NOW!

If you want to lose flab, start weight lifting. Get those muscles tight. You do not need to be any thinner than you already are. Especially 100 lbs.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Cut out sugar. All sugar. Fruits included. That is gonna be tough when you are vegetarian.

Oh gawd. Please no. Fruits are delicious wonderful things. Not cause for demonizing. All food♡
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Ok so if I were to increase my goal weight to around 118lb, what sort of food should I be eating and avoiding? What sort of exercises would be good to loose the extra flabby bits of fat, but not gain loads of muscle? I'd like to be toned and firmer, just not visibly really muscly

You won't get "visibly really muscly" from lifting weights. If you are flabby in parts, you don't need to lose weight, you need to look into body recomposition. That comes from lifting weights. Look into it. Unless you start taking a ton of testosterone, you won't get bulky or "muscly". Please note that the scale may not change much, and that's ok.

And maybe learn to embrace your body, for the good and the bad. Your current measurements sound pretty great, tbh.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You're already at a healthy weight for your height . . . you'll look emaciated at 100 pounds. Instead of focusing on losing weight you should focus on toning up your butt and thighs.
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Ok so if I were to increase my goal weight to around 118lb, what sort of food should I be eating and avoiding? What sort of exercises would be good to loose the extra flabby bits of fat, but not gain loads of muscle? I'd like to be toned and firmer, just not visibly really muscly

You really don't need to lose any weight.

When you start working out to tone your fanny, you may lose a little weight. Ask these good folks what youtube videos you can watch, since you are a student on a tight budget and can't afford a gym.

But hear this too. At your height, 130lbs is right smack in the middle of perfectly normal on the Body Mass Index chart. And 118 is still low. Again, you may lose a bit of weight just from moving around more, but you can reshape your body to a place where you will be much happier with how you look.

Folks here have your best interests at heart. Best of luck to you.
  • VICTORAPAZA
    Options
    diet venus la unica solucion aqui te dejo el link
    more info:Mas información : http://tinyurl.com/kyrlp68
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    OP, I found this article today and I think you should read it too!
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

It's definitely worth a read to find out why many are not agreeing with you wanting to get to 100 lbs, and it will show that you won't be bulky if you lift.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Today I've decided that I've spent enough time hating and crying over the way i look and have decided to do something about it and start dieting. At the moment I weigh 130lb and am 5'4". I have an awful figure, my bra size is 34C, waist is 25" but have this huge huge *kitten* and thighs. I know that you can't really target where you lose weight, but if that's where I seem to put it on, is that where I'll lose it?

I'm a student so I'm on a tight budget, although I live with my boyfriend who also wants to start losing weight himself. Have any of you got any ideas/tips on how to get started? I'm vegetarian so eating a primarily lean meat/fish diet is out of the question. Another point to add is that I have severe depression which I am getting treated for, but it does mean that getting up and being active is usually difficult for me, hence why I want to lose weight by focussing on my diet.

Thanks for any help you guys have :)

I am offended by your "awful figure" statement. I have your exact measurements, and my body is beautiful. Sorry it's so awful on YOU. But you're being absolutely ridiculous.

+1
    :huh:
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    NO.

^ This.
  • mrsfyredude
    mrsfyredude Posts: 177 Member
    Options

and this ^^^
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would work on my mental health. Yes, adding strength training will make you strong, but some of our shapes are genetically determined. Learn to love yourself. Don't allow imagined physical imperfections to dictate your self worth. Take pride in your character, your work ethic, your talents and all the other things that make up the total package.

You do not need to lose weight, nor should you.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hey lovely, I know how much of a struggle it is to live with these things. First of all, you are perfectly healthy as you are. You do not need to lose weight. As others have suggested, maybe try some weights if possible. Do some body weight exercises, you can search for them online. As you get more comfortable, maybe you can start adding weights by purchasing a small collection. However, running will improve your mood. It does for me, it makes me forget my worries and troubles for a while. It's a natural release. I wouldn't worry so much about your weight. :) Also, 100 is underweight for you so please don't do that.
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    100 would look worse than 130. I started at 139, down to 124 so far. I agree at 130 I was still very dissatisfied.. but I'm getting there. I started weightlifting and that has helped immensely because I think what you're unhappy with is the way your body looks.. not necessarily how many lbs you weigh.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    100 is entirely too low for 5'4".
  • shipleyd
    shipleyd Posts: 94 Member
    Options

If you want to lose flab, start weight lifting. Get those muscles tight. You do not need to be any thinner than you already are. Especially 100 lbs.

^^^ This^^^
    Same height and goal weight here....just tone up a bit and you will be fine. 100lbs is to thin.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these people telling you to lift weights. How in the world are you going to lose 30 more pounds if you are packing on muscle??? Unless you wanna look like a dude LOL

*facepalm* Please do not listen to this ignorant advice. Weightlifting is excellent for body recomposition, which is clearly what you're looking for, since you are already at a healthy weight, and 100 lbs would be unhealthy underweight.

Edit for Autocorrect fail.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I was 100 lbs (97 to be exact) 3 years ago. Those were the genes I was given. Here's a picture to show that people can be 100 lbs and both look and be healthy:

34190_432578901476_7419587_n_zps7fd42650.jpg

You're not meant to be 100 lbs.

Aim for 115-120 instead.

Do lots of weight training. Two great programs to follow are The New Rules of Lifting for Women and Strong Curves.

For food… incorporate a lot of fruits and veggies, lean meats, eggs, greek yogurt, nuts/seeds, hummus, cheese sticks, etc. And drink a lot of water.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 slice toast, 2 slices of bacon
    Morning snack: greek yogurt with berries (I like Dannon light & fit greek yogurt quarts because they have 18 g protein per 1 cup for 130 calories)
    Lunch: 4 oz. protein, sweet potato, veggies
    Afternoon snack: 1/4 cup nuts and an apple or banana
    Dinner: 4 oz. protein, brown rice, veggies
    Late night snack: protein bar or protein shake
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to these people telling you to lift weights. How in the world are you going to lose 30 more pounds if you are packing on muscle??? Unless you wanna look like a dude LOL

LOL. Do you know how hard it is for a woman to build muscle? It's almost impossible for a woman to look like a "dude" because we don't produce testosterone. A woman's body won't allow her to look like a man.

Please educate yourself in weight training before you make absurd comments.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Dumbest post of the day award, right here! ^^^

I agree that 100lbs is too low for someone who is 5'4. I think the 115-120 range would be better, and still considered a healthy weight. And I'll jump on the strength training bandwagon. Create a modest deficit and lift or do body weight exercises if you don't have access to weights.