Not sure what to eat to get to 1400 calories

13»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I swim laps quite frequently with circuit training. I put in the time I did, and that is the "calories burned" that MFP gives me. I take it with a grain of salt, that is why I never eat back all my exercise calories.

I'd do half to 3/4.

I actually usually burn pretty much exactly what MFP predicts for me, but apparently I'm a weirdo-- most people find that MFP overestimates.

Okay, well it looks like you could just increase your portions. Are you weighing and measuring? For example, for your 4 oz chicken breast did you put it on the scale or did you eyeball?
  • NJGmywholewrld
    NJGmywholewrld Posts: 123 Member
    I swim laps quite frequently with circuit training. I put in the time I did, and that is the "calories burned" that MFP gives me. I take it with a grain of salt, that is why I never eat back all my exercise calories.

I'd do half to 3/4.

I actually usually burn pretty much exactly what MFP predicts for me, but apparently I'm a weirdo-- most people find that MFP overestimates.

Okay, well it looks like you could just increase your portions. Are you weighing and measuring? For example, for your 4 oz chicken breast did you put it on the scale or did you eyeball?

I weigh and measure everything. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to be a bit obsessive about that. I have to agree, MFP does seem to be overestimating quite a bit.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member

I'd do half to 3/4.

I weigh and measure everything. Unfortunately, I have a tendency to be a bit obsessive about that. I have to agree, MFP does seem to be overestimating quite a bit.
    [/quote]

Okay. In that case moving forward I'd recommend using some of the suggestions you got earlier, eating back 1/2-3/4 of your exercise calories, and then reevaluating in 4 weeks.

Especially that salmon with dill sauce thing. That sounds amazing.:flowerforyou:
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    My diary is open, now. I have a 4 year old that gets most of my attention throughout the day, therefore, I do get on much a couple of times a day. I appreciate the advice, critical and all.

Tuesday you only ate 599 calories, Thursday was 874, Friday was 663. Even without exercise you are not eating enough. Have a good breakfast, bigger lunch, higher calorie snacks.

Are yo using a HRM or going for the machines?
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Not sure how you got 188 cals burned for 10 min of circuit training. I weight 188lbs and MP only gives me 114 calories burned.

What is your current weight...your ticker shows only 31lbs left to lose which is about the same as mine?
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    If you want to go lower carb, you need to go higher protein/fat:

Chicken with the skin
    Steak
    Cheese
    Whole eggs (including deviled eggs, egg salad)
    Full fat dairy (including cottage cheese, yogurt)
    Peanut butter or other nut butters
    Nuts
    Avocado
    Salmon
    Olive oil

Basically a lot of stuff the rest of us would be really really happy to eat for you.

Salmon with a creamy dill sauce and asparagus wrapped in bacon then cooked in olive oil and spices? Sounds pretty awesome.

tumblr_ll2linac0x1qb3p1co1_500.gif

Says the queen of cheesecake related sabotage :flowerforyou:

1601285_212442502280985_1328039906_n.jpg

i have no idea what you are talking about
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    It looks like you are eating very good you just need to increase how much. Cheese, nuts, more eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese. The cals will add up just dont be scared to eat. Increase your lunch and breakfast even with 1 hard boiled egg or a greek yogurt or a handful of almonds as afternoon snack. Good job and keep it up.