FAT TAKES UP LESS SPACE THAN MUSCELS ?!?!

Options
124»

Replies

• Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Yes a pound is a pound, however if you take one cubic inch of muscle and one cubic inch of fat, the muscle will weigh more, I'm sure that is what this person meant. Technically the correct way to say it is of course that muscle is more dense than fat... but why split hairs?

Oh yeah, because this is the internet.

If your friend keeps saying they don't rent movies from RedBox because their CD player is broke, is it wrong to inform them that the item they mean is a DVD player?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    No, muscle definitely takes up less space than fat.
    Nuh-uh. All the pedants around here will tell you that one cubic inch of muscle takes up exactly as much space as one cubic inch of fat.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Good God! How do I get a piece of this action? I wanna gain muscle that fast!

Cardio, you say?
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Good God! How do I get a piece of this action? I wanna gain muscle that fast!

Cardio, you say?
    LMFAO.... yep Mirey... hours of it... thats how i got physique
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    a 5 pound ream of paper weighs the same as a 5 pound bag of feathers.

Sure, but the feathers take up a ****ton more space...

so, what you're saying is the feathers are muscles, then?

So, logically--
    - If she weighs the same as a duck...
    - she's made of wood.
    - And therefore?
    - A witch!

Who are you who is so wise in the ways of science.
  • JaneLane33
    JaneLane33 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    There is no industry standard to ready made clothing sizes. The number and sizing is pretty much all over the place and some brands and stores do vanity sizing. there there are things called modern sizing or modern fit.
    Now if you want a realm with no vanity sizing take up sewing your own clothing. A few pattern companies do more modern pattern sizing but for the most part they use standards that were set decades ago when a size 0 did not exist and instead many patterns start at a size 4. It's always fun trying to explain to someone that yes in ready made clothing you wear a size 6 but in pattern you are a size 10 or 12.
    My point is don't pay attention to the number and go with fit. No one is going to look at you and say OMG is that a size 8 you are wearing?! We don't have a sign over our heads with our dress size on it. So get fit, wear what looks good, and hold your head up high.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    wut?
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    :laugh: haha... no im talking about putting on the same exact pair of jeans I wore a month ago and they don't fit and yes I went down an inch and a half but im the unlucky type of female that gains muscle quickly I believe the correct term is "mesomorph" body type while going down an inch in a half off my booty I gained almost an inch and a half in my thighs sorry I should of been more specific my booty is perky :blushing: so I should be asking how to not gain muscle in my thighs sorry

I don't think you can gain that much in a month. I think your measurements may be off and you may have gained weight. How is your diet?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    And that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    So much what.....so little time.

wut_glee.gif
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

h08F21164
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    wut?

You know you love it.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Muscle weighs more, but does not take up more space.

Muscle does not weigh more than fat.

A pound is a pound.

A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat, as a pound of feathers, a pound of cotton balls, and a pound of reeses pieces.
    Stop with this crap. Come on now. Weight is a comparitive measure for things of equal size.

Stop with what? Facts?

When someone say muscle weighs more then fat they don't mean 1 lb vs 1 lb. obviously they both weigh 1 lb. they mean mass vs mass. A square inch of muscle is going to weigh more then a square inch of fat.

Not mass...
    What you mean is density (Density = mass/volume)

Ok yeah muscle is more dense then fat therefore a square inch of muscle weighs more then a square inch of fat. Does that sound better?
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what's happening here.
    I feel exactly the same....

Join the club
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    alright y'all hears the deal I lost 1 1/2 inches off my booty but I gained a pant size :noway: how that is possible I don't know??? I was in size 8 now im in size 10 :mad: what the heck ??? i'm thinking muscel takes more space I weigh 185 an im 5'7 but its evenly placed fat every where all over :ohwell: most people think I weigh 150 but I know the real number good lord how am I supposed to workout without growing my booty any insight on a non-booty growing workout would be awesome :happy:
    Just to prove to you how crazy the sizing is for clothes let me say this... You weigh 25 pounds more than I do and I'm taller than you are. I have pants in 3 different sizes. My dress slacks for some reason are all size 12's. My jeans are size 10's and I have straight leg jeans and capris that are size 8's. They all fit me. So at 5'11" and 160 lbs I'm all over the place with sizes. Don't look at the size of the clothes. Just go with what fits and complements your figure. Forget about numbers. They don't mean anything.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what's happening here.
    Damn, I so love comments like this..a sense of humor is a wonderful thing..not being sarcastic..a dry sense of humor cracks me up. :)