I know I'm not the first person to feel this way...

Options
But all you know-it-alls can't stop!

I joined MFP last year and half-a**ed my way through a couple of months and gave up. Not once did I visit the forums, just logged a bit on the app and then let myself get lazy.

So this year I made the commitment to myself. I'll be 40 in August and wanted to hit that age with a healthy head start. I started logging again, but decided to hit the forums.

I came here to:
- find out exactly how much cinnamon and honey I needed to eat daily to kick start my metabolism
- hear how soon before I eat do I need to drink a glass of lemon water to let the fat slide off my body
- find THE exercises that will spot remove my fat
- get suggestions for pills that will curb my appetite

And you know what I found? A group of people who spout facts and link peer-reviewed papers about what actually works. I found people who told you EXACTLY what you need to do to lose weight and build a better body, without sugar coating it. I've read through and researched many posts and found the truth about weight loss and body comp.

So you know what I did? I bought a digital scale. I weighed my foods and I logged everything. I built recipes and meals. I do cardio, but have incorporated strength training. Do you know why? Because the women on here that lift INSPIRE me. I can tell they feel strong, and boy, do I want to feel strong. I watch youtube videos of form, so that I insure I'm doing things the right way.

And guess what? I've lost 24 lbs since Christmas. I'm wearing clothes that I haven't been able to wear in years. I WILL rock the bikini this summer. I'm still eating the foods I enjoy, just not as large portion. I STILL have my vodka and lemonade. And if I have a bad day, I start over the next day. I have about 16lbs to go to meet my goal weight, but that goal was set before I began lifting, so I will just see where my body ends up.

I am so thankful to have found this forum and the Success Stories are such a joy to read.

But I do have one more question for the know-it-alls...how much rasberry ketones should I be taking???

Replies

• cheekym7
    cheekym7 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    my fave post yet! :)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    But I do have one more question for the know-it-alls...how much rasberry ketones should I be taking???

Enough for your skin to turn raspberry colored. Or until Dr Oz. starts spewing out the next hottest thing that will magically melt fat away. Whichever comes first.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,928 Member
    Options
    this was a fun-Friday read!

Thanks!
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! You rock!
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    :love:

:drinker:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Cheers.
  • Amelia7779
    Amelia7779 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Forget the raspberry ketones, you need the cayenne pepper cleanse!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be another mean people thread. Honestly? I'm a little disappointed, that would have made my Friday complete. :wink:

Congrats on your loss and getting it done the right way!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Awesome sauce!

Ain't nobody got time for FAT!
  • cggrlsteph
    cggrlsteph Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!
    A lot of people wanting the "quick fix" should read your post! All true, you can't cheat your way though a lifestyle change...

again congrats on the loss!
  • royaldrea
    royaldrea Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Post should be promoted, congrats on your progress! Keep going, rock that bikini!
  • Nickih4619093
    Nickih4619093 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Best post I've read today!
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    Great post! Congrats on your success!
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Awesome POST!!!! Thanks for a great read - Happy Friday!!!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • bg192905
    bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for the post!!
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    And the truth shall set you free! Rock on bikini woman!! :flowerforyou:
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be another mean people thread. Honestly? I'm a little disappointed, that would have made my Friday complete. :wink:

Sorry to disappoint you!

Confession: I do enjoy reading those...
  • AbsolutelyAnnie
    AbsolutelyAnnie Posts: 2,695 Member
    Options
    Could not agree more. I love this place and the people here.

My first time here I stayed under the radar. All to my detriment I believe. Adding friends and visiting the forums has made all the difference in the world.

Thanks for sharing!
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Haha!!!! I LOVE this! It's sooooo true! I wonder how many people will read it and wonder, "How much cinnamon DO I have to eat?"