All the Morbidly Obese say hi!

Options

Replies

• jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi all I have a long journey ahead of me so feel to add me if you are active on here and love to chat! :flowerforyou:
  • michelleneli
    michelleneli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm not in denial but someone who has lost 209 lbs. on here told me to adjust my weight lose ticker to smaller goals so I don't get overwhelmed. So I changed mine to show my goal as losing 30 lbs. instead of 201 lbs. That way I don't get discouraged. I put it on a little at a time it'll probably take awhile to get it off! Great topic.

Michelle in Ohio
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You can do this!

If I can do it, anyone can. Two years ago, I was 60 years old, morbidly obese at 290#, unable to walk up a flight of stairs without becoming winded, bad knees and ready to try to change, but not too hopeful that I could do it. I would read the success stories here, secretely telling myself that maybe I could do it too. As the days, weeks, and months passed, my confidence increased. Two weeks ago, on my 2nd anniversary on MFP I weighed in at 129.5#, mid-range for "normal" weight for my height. I am in the best shape that I have been in in decades. This is truly possible for anyone that has no serious health issues and truly wants to change!

Best of luck to everyone!
  • thegreatjoylambert
    Options
    hi :smile: i have been in & out here for a while.... life is a mess, my health is kinda a mess too, i just started schooling my 2 kids from home/online...and am lost to myself & indeed, i have a long way to go as well. :brokenheart: :huh: but... in not giving up all hope yet :noway: , i am back. :flowerforyou: . i just started therapy due to a mix of my health & weight & the effects on my life it has caused :mad: :sad: ... i too can be supportive to others :heart: , tho am not really myself in the moments of late :embarassed: & could use some support too ... i have been off my counting & away from m tai chi... for a while due to health, but plan to fix the counting.anyways , well meet xD so to say ^_^
  • Keliandra
    Keliandra Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi Loopy! I didn't join here until I had less than 100 (99!) to lose. We can all do it :flowerforyou: I didn't take it seriously until January, when my doctor came in to her office followed by a nurse with a vial of insulin and a syringe. I'm with you, it is NOT a diet; it's a lifestyle change.

Anyone feel free to go through the photos. My wedding photo I weighed 288 pounds and had to buy a special dress custom made in china. I'm happy to report that my dress is WAY too big!. :drinker:
  • kurviekutie
    kurviekutie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have a hard time conceptualizing that I am morbidly obese. I am 5'1" and at the beginning of Feb 2014 I weighed 244 pounds. My goal is to get to my last "bikini" comfortable weight of 160 but apparently that is still considered obese. I thought I looked great at that weight/size.

I go to the gym at least four days a week and have been keeping track of my food intake. I haven't noticed any huge changes in my diet and yet I still come in a little under the caloric goal each day. I tried WW and wasn't terribly inspired by the program. I have invited a number of girlfriends to work out with me but they all but one (but we have schedule conflicts) ended up bailing after a week or two.

I gained all the weight after being hit by a VW bus shortly after a major back surgery. The accident required two more back surgeries over two years and I will need several more throughout my lifetime. Pain had a huge impact on my weight gain and as anyone with weight issues knows, the weight made me hurt even more. Vicious cycle :(

Anyway...that is me, more or less. I would love to have some motivation buddies :)
  • icandoit_resa
    Options
    Hello, I have not told anyone either. I have a little advantage with that because I live alone so I don't have to worry about anyone other than myself when cooking. My family is famous for their "helpful" hints and also trying to get me to try any random pill, program, fad, whatever that they have heard someone try and lose a few pounds on! It makes everything more stressful when you have people in your ear like that!
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me for support...im on daily and my diary is open! =)
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like. I can relate to not wanting to share your journey with too many people IRL. I am the same way. I only recently began to share with my coworkers but I still won't share with those closest to me except for my husband and bestie.
  • Sheacat
    Sheacat Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi! I have about 125 or so to lose. Its kind of scary, but I believe I can do this! If anyone wants to add me that would be awesome. :) I was guilty of thinking my weight "wasnt that bad" or because of my stronger build that "I carried the weight better"... well, it ended up with me at 325 to realize that I was in trouble! I am down about 30, and as mentioned above, I still have a long journey ahead of me. :)
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great job! 11 lbs in 2 weeks is wonderful. Just keep on doing whAt you are doing and in time you'll get to where you want to be. It's not a race it's, a journey to a healthier you.
  • KimberlyAlanna
    KimberlyAlanna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone and hey Loopy! I know how ya feel. Only a couple of people know that I'm trying to lose weight. I've got about 180 to lose and it's going to be a long, but fulfilling journey. I'll give anyone my support to help them on their own journey and hope to make some pals along the way!
  • Valereee
    Valereee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello. "Morbidly obese in 'da house". Yes, it's like those around me are either going blind, or in denial re: my weight loss. Clerks in stores, medical staff, even strangers will stop me and exclaim "OMG, you're really losing weight -- good job, keep it up". Have I heard it from husband, daughter, son-in-law? Nope. I still have 200 pounds to go, so this journey won't end any time soon. So you're right -- just keep your "healthy new lifestyle" to yourself, and ignore those around you. My new digital scale is my new BFF, and she is all the encouragement I need. Good luck to you! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hi Nice to meet you
  • glwerth
    glwerth Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have a whole bunch to lose too. Add me if you'd like. I'm not doing great on the eating part yet, but I'm rocking the exercise part!
  • dizzow
    dizzow Posts: 65
    Options
    Hi and welcome! When I started here last year (Aug. I think) I was Super Morbidly Obese @ almost 370, now I'm Morbidly Obese, lol, but will be at Severely Obese soon. I will be very happy to hit severely obese... not something I thought I'd ever say.

I only told a select few that I was changing my lifestyle and losing weight. I still don't tell anyone, but after losing 80lbs most people have figured it out. I hate all of the questions that come with the announcement, "Girl, you are loosing weight!" This has led to the epiphany of how big I really was since it took losing that much for people to really notice. I still don't like the attention, but I'm not willing to stop losing weight to avoid it. lol

This has really been a journey of self discovery and oh so worth it. I still have a very long ways to go but the task doesn't seem quite as daunting as before.
    The best to you and again, welcome. Feel free to add me as a friend, but I'm warning you that I don't make a very good mfp friend. I don't have enough time to check on all my mfp friends each day.
  • 52dave62
    52dave62 Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Loopy, and all the others that have posted since then, I am 3 days new to MFP,, and have a long journey, finally tipped the 300 lb on scale/ 44.8% BMI, and set off the type 2 Diabetes alarm. Have not any friends here yet, after what I have read, thinking I may start---->(x)<---- here to make, for making friends.

The 4 year old photo is a mini-goal, I am thinking more of a stage #2 or3, in my long term goal.

Okay, I'm just gonna say HI and let's stay aware of each other, we are gonna be here at MFP for a while, and coming to these Message Boards for support and inspiration. We may as well get comfortable with each other.

I'm Dave. Glad to meet you all
  • patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys :) I'm Patsy and I'm always looking for more friends that are on a similar journey to me. I have a lot of weight to lose, my goal is to get down below 200lbs before the end of the year and my ultimate goal is to be under 160.

Please feel free to add me, it's great to have support and this website is the best for that.

I also don't have many "real life' people to talk to this stuff about. It's great to know other ladies (and gentleman) who are also in for the long haul and have a lot of weight to lose.
  • zacsmommy101010
    zacsmommy101010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello to everyone!

My name is Jeanette, and I"m 28 years old. I've been overweight my entire life but ever since I graduated high school and stopped playing sports year-round I have put on way too much weight. After having my son last year, I decided I needed to get healthy. I tried different things but nothing really worked for me or I couldn't stick with it. I feel like I have a lot better grasp on what I need to change in my lifestyle to get to a healthier weight. Right now, I'm 5'10'' and 331 lbs, so I need to lose about 150 lbs to be considered at the high range of a "normal" weight for my height. I will be happy to get under 200 with my big frame and athletic build.

I have been logging my food daily, and I'm still trying to work out the kinks in my nutrition. I have given up soda (haven't had one since March 4th) and we're actually going to the grocery store today so I'm trying to get healthier choices to have around the house.

I'm currently participating in a 90 days to summer challenge which basically says you have to do three things:

1. Drink enough water each day -- at least 64 ounces and up to 100 ounces
    2. Exercise every day, even if it's just a walk for 15 minutes, get moving every day
    3. Eat right every day

If anyone wants to friend me and join me on this 90 days to summer challenge (I just started yesterday and will give myself a reward at day 90 if I make it! Maybe a new swimsuit or something) or if you just want more friends who are active on MFP, add me!

Have a great day!