Does whey protein powder give you gas?

Options
tigerblue
tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
I had a shake made with protein powder and almond milk. Ever since I feel like I've been inflated like a balloon, and, well, the rest would be TMI! So could it be the whey protein? I don't usually have a whole serving of powder, just a little mixed in different foods. What is your experience?

Replies

• TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    I'd say first check if you have food allergies. Depends on your system. Everyone is different. I'm fine with whey protein, but it's a different story with beans though
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    I wish. I have to go to the convenient store to get mine. 5 dollars a gallon is too high!
  • wargrrl
    wargrrl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    when i started working out and taking whey, i was farting like mad loool

it took a month before my body got used to it

at one point i was using Vega thinking a plant based protein would be easier on me but turns out pea protein not only gives me gas but gives me the worst cramps.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    For me some do and some don't so it's a bit trial and error! I've really only found one brand that my stomach couldn't take and it took about 3 days without any protein powder at all for it to settle down. As soon as I had a bite of their protein bar I knew which one the culprit was...not good!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Cause you're not supposed to be eating it in the first place.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    The cheap Whey concentrate gives me gas.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I recently switched from another brand to Designer Whey and seem to be having a lot of digestive problems because of it. I don't plan on buying it again.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Everything gives me gas, so I have no idea!
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Cause you're not supposed to be eating it in the first place.
    wut