What time do you work out?

2»

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Mon - Fri, I workout on my way home from work.
    Saturday, 8-9 am
    Sunday, after church
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    5 am. Kids generally stay asleep and I like to get it out of the way.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Up at 4am, leisurely breakfast & coffee first then out the door for my run by 4:45ish. Weekends I sleep in until 5 or sometimes 6.
  • caseys29
    caseys29 Posts: 63 Member
    Always evening during the week. I'm just not able to wake up early enough to get a workout in. I get off work at 5:00, rush home, prep dinner, take the dogs out, either go for a run with the dog or go lift weights, get home around 7:30-8:00, cook dinner, eat, clean up, shower, get everything ready for the next day, and go to bed. Most days I don't really get to sit down and relax except while eating, but I've gotten used to it and it feels really weird on the occasional days that I don't work out and have lots of time in the evening.

Saturdays vary, but I'll usually run before noon and Sundays I might run and then always lift weights mid afternoon.
  • Fatguy2Fitguy
    Fatguy2Fitguy Posts: 129 Member
    All depends on work. My preference is getting to the Gym at 5am, it's empty and i can get on with the it. I always feel more energetic throughout the day to.

Evening training I find a pain to be honest gym is full (some working hard... some admiring their reflection). So tend to stick with a bit of cardio in the evenings.
  • tinyzombie
    tinyzombie Posts: 128 Member
    I work nights and my gym is directly behind my office, so I usually work out when I get off in the mornings, at 5:30 AM. On the weekends, I keep the same sleep schedule for convenience's sake, so I'll go whenever everyone else in the house is asleep and I'm bored - usually between 3 and 4 AM. I love night/super early morning workouts, because there's never anyone else there.
  • ruikoh
    ruikoh Posts: 10 Member
    I usually workout only on my rest days which is 3-4 days a week. I alternate my workouts between running, swimming and gym. On a running day, I'm already up and running at 7am. On a swim day, I am already in the pool once it opens at 8am. On a gym day, I can be as late at 9am. I find it better to workout in the morning as most of my engagements are usually in the evenings.

As for the food, pre-workout food is very important. I also vary it depending on the intensity of the workout I plan to do on that day. On running days (I usually run 5miles), I just eat either a banana or some crackers before heading out. It gives me just enough energy to get my engine started without giving me a bad tummy. I make sure to eat something filling afterwards though. On swim and running days, I try to eat a better pre-workout meal - a balanced mix of carbs and protein. Usually, 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread, 1 scrambled egg, tomato and some low-fat cheese slice. This is when I manage to get up wayyyyy earlier than my workout time as I need at least an hour to get it settled in my tummy. Else, it's default oatmeal and some fruit.