Everything happens for a reason...

Options
13»

Replies

• Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I think only some things happen for a reason…. spilling your protein drink all over yourself doesn't happen for a reason unless there's someone there to lick it off.
    Sure there's a reason...you dropped the drink!
    You know, I don't even agree with this.

Dropping the drink didn't cause the spill, the drink could have sprayed outward from you, it merely made the spill possible. Perhaps it even made it probable, but it didn't make it certain.

Yeah, but what's the probability of that?
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Phenylethylamine_Phreak Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    No. Things happen because people make them happen.

^^^ this
  • Phenylethylamine_Phreak
    Phenylethylamine_Phreak Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I was blessed with athletic talent and a hard work ethic and that talent got cut short, two years into my career, by having my knee blown up in a practice. At the time, there wasn't the skills there is now to repair the body. It sucked, it was everything and then it was nothing.
    I came back home and within a month, met my (now ex)wife and we had two of the best kids ever.

I look back from time to time and thank the universe, because without that injury, these kids would not be, and that would make me sad.

P.S. I see friends that had a full career and my gimpy knee is still a lot better than the arthritis and aches that they deal with
  • JenniCali1000
    JenniCali1000 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Just keep looking at the flowers Lizzie

Lmao TWD reference ;)
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I believe some things happen for a reason, I also believe some things just happen because life is just difficult at times and it sucks. My story I would share would be when I was in a sort of bad relationship at the time, I got pregnant, had a miscarriage, and my boyfriend at the time broke up with me afterwards. It was one of the most difficult things I had to go through. I was a mess, but picked myself back up and eventually met my current partner, and almost a year later I got pregnant again and had my beautiful daughter. I'd rather not have gone through with the pain, but sometimes you have to in order to get to where you are now.
  • bigbarnold
    bigbarnold Posts: 2,554 Member
    Options
    I do believe that some things happen for a reason, but it would take an essay to tell you about all the different things that proved it to me. Some people will never believe that, but some of us have had enough proof in our lives that we have no choice but to believe it. I do also believe that it is not what you go through, but how you go through it. I know that things are not going to go perfect through my life, but I just keep trying to do the best I can even through bad times.
  • Naseer787
    Naseer787 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No One Understands the Silence
    between my Words.........;(
    No One Understands the Sadness
    behind my Smile......;(
    No One Understands the Unsaid
    Feelings of mine........;(
    They Think I am fine
    But Only I know
    daily I am dying.........;(
    I Wan to be happy again...
    I want to live those moments
    again...
    I am Sick of Wearing Fake Smile...
    I am Waiting For You make me
    Smile Again.........!!!! ;(
  • Crimson__Phoenix
    Options
    I don't agree....things happen because people make them happen. Then they say something like "everything happens for a reason" or "if it's meant to be it will be".
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, everything happens for a reason... That does NOT mean that it happens by design, necessarily. The reason some things happen may not be clear to us but many times they are... Why did the drunk man go to jail? well, he was driving drunk... duh... bad choice = bad consequence.... Other things happen for unknown reasons... but an underlying reason does exist. They key to success in life, is to take the circumstances of our lives as raw materials and learn from those things and then manipulate those things into positive things for our life...
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I do agree that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! This has been my year for that!

My husband's response to that mantra is- "but what if it doesn't kill you, but leaves you in a coma, or a quadriplegic? You definitely are not stronger!"

He can be :laugh: such a killjoy sometimes!

Actually, my husband is quadriplegic and is a lot stronger (mentally than most people on here). But whatever makes you laugh.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Yes.

There were a chain of events that lead me to where I am now, and even though some were very dark.. I wouldn't change a damned thing.

:flowerforyou:
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Everything happens for a reason for sure, but the outcome isn't always the one you want.

Each choice we make and each event shapes us and moves us in a direction. If we are lucky they move us in a good direction, but our choices are a big part of it.

I love my job and wouldn't be here if I didn't turn down another job that wasn't quite right at the time, I also would not have been out of work when my dad took a turn for the worse and passed away. So yes my choice did put me in a place, but it was my choice to say no.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Random things happen randomly and intentional things happen intentionally. I think humans apply reasons to things as a basis to feel like we have control over our lives. Sometimes there are remarkable coincidences, sure. It's also in human nature to reflect and remember more good things than bad things and piece together the past with good ol' 20/20 hindsight. So no, everything does not happen for a reason, but we can make a reason out of everything that happens.
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I live by this. I guess it's how it helps me get through rough times and make sense of "bad things". I believe that everything in your life happens for a reason and sometimes it takes hindsight and perspective to understand what that reason is and then hopefully you will have the ability to learn and grow stronger from it.