Just finished my first Quest bar...

Options
13»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my paranoia takes over and I think people that say they like them are paid by somebody...
    I've yet to meet a person in real life that liked them, most have spit them out.

I've never found a bar that was really GOOD- that was remotely close to "good for you" anything that tasted good was more like a frigging candy bar- no question about it.

I've never met anyone in real life who likes them either to be honest.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my paranoia takes over and I think people that say they like them are paid by somebody...
    I've yet to meet a person in real life that liked them, most have spit them out.

I've never found a bar that was really GOOD- that was remotely close to "good for you" anything that tasted good was more like a frigging candy bar- no question about it.

I've never met anyone in real life who likes them either to be honest.
    Well, it's true we've never met in real life, but my husband and I love them.

The double chocolate chunk one definitely gives me an upset stomach, as does the chocolate chip cookie dough if I eat more than a couple a week. I eat mad fiber, so I know it's not that, and other bars with sugar alcohols don't give me a problem.

I suspect it's something about the "chocolate" chunks they use, because those are the ones most likely to cause me issues, although the cinnamon roll and cookies and cream ones are suspect too, despite being delicious!

Apple Pie and Strawberry Cheesecake are the ones that sit best with me.
  • in4nomz
    in4nomz Posts: 230
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookie dough is probably the best one everrrrrr.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    So no one else got an upset stomach afterwards?

Yes, but only if I eat more than one. I think it's the fiber.
  • tink11464
    tink11464 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Love the Cookies and Cream, Coconut Cashew and the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough :) I break it up in pieces and eat through the workday - like little pieces of caramel.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    and it was okay. I had double chocolate chunk, but to be honest, it didn't taste as good as people said it did, and it left me with an upset stomach. Is it just me that feels sort of queasy after eating one? Any other flavours that taste better?

I think they're ok...I think my Cliff bars are ok...I pretty much think any of these things are just ok. Personally I'd rather eat food and never understood the orgasms that people have over Quest bars. I pretty much pack them my carry on for a long plane ride or take them camping with me and will eat one when I'm fishing or something...I like my Cliff bars as a refuel for cycling or on a hike...but I've never understood why people just eat these things just because.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    So no one else got an upset stomach afterwards?

Yes, but only if I eat more than one. I think it's the fiber.
    I just wanted to add that normally I have a cast iron stomach and eat like a billy goat. But the double chocolate chunk one for sure makes my stomach hurt. I also think it's a dosage thing. I can eat one or two "bad" ones spaced through the week and the other ones all day erry day with no problem.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    and it was okay. I had double chocolate chunk, but to be honest, it didn't taste as good as people said it did, and it left me with an upset stomach. Is it just me that feels sort of queasy after eating one? Any other flavours that taste better?

I think they're ok...I think my Cliff bars are ok...I pretty much think any of these things are just ok. Personally I'd rather eat food and never understood the orgasms that people have over Quest bars. I pretty much pack them my carry on for a long plane ride or take them camping with me and will eat one when I'm fishing or something...I like my Cliff bars as a refuel for cycling or on a hike...but I've never understood why people just eat these things just because.
    For people who have difficulty getting away to eat an actual meal, or for people trying to bulk who can't seem to eat much food volume, they're really great. That's why they work so well for my husband. Like you, I'd rather eat a meal. A big one, please. Volume has never been a problem for me! :laugh: