starting with heralife shake and treadmill :)

Options
13»

Replies

• bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    OP, I see no problem with you using Herbalife, however it is not going to get you where you need to be if you rely on it too heavily. I say this presently because you'll most likely lack energy and be miserable, but also long term by gaining weight back. I use a shake every morning, but I do so because I add a banana and spinach, so it is a way for me to get a good shot of vitamins (because vega has 2 servings of fruit/veg in it) and also because it's got 15g of protein. Mine is also relatively cheap (20$ for 2 weeks worth). I use it pre-workout for a good kick, but I also really just enjoy them. For the rest of the day I eat real food. I suggest maybe replacing one meal, half the cost but also running and working out as much as you do your body requires more fuel than that. As a few others have said, if you rely on these to heavily and then go back to real food, which I'm willing to bet has more cals....you will gain later on down the road when you stop with the shakes. Don't short change yourself, you can learn to balance your own cals and take in sufficient vitamins etc on your own, don't give these ppl ALL of your money. I went to a herbalife party, stuff wasn't cheap!!!
  • Shveta131
    Shveta131 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have not planned to use herbalife rest of my life, i just want to use it for couple of months till i lose some weight . I shall stick to my regular routine after i lose few kgs.
    I have tried balancing my food intake and exercise hard. but this only resulted in maintaining my weight instead to losing it.

that's the problem... when you return to your regular routine, what do you think is going to happen?

i dont think i will gain back my weight as i am active in my workouts.

so you're going to drink these shakes until you lose weight... then go back to the food you were eating before and expect your results to not to return?

that isn't how it works.

So, u tell me the any other way?? apart from this

yeah, using MFP. Weigh your foods. Find out EXACTLY what you're eating. IF you're eating the same amount for 6 weeks, and you're not losing.. then eat 100 calories less per day for another 6 weeks. Repeat the process until you figure it out.
    Thanks you i shall really try this out :)
  • Shveta131
    Shveta131 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If i was you... i would just keep my calorie intake to no more then 1200 and do the the 3km or more on the treadmill...

You will lose weight.... and later on... use the heralife shake to help you maintain...

I can't tell if this is serious or not ......but it's recipe for fat+muscle loss.

If OP want to lose (mainly) fat.....she should question 2 things.

1. Is 1200 NET an appropriate number?.....because 1200 is the just lowest default number MFP gives. 1200 is "generic." Also, 1200 is a NET number on MFP.....that means exercise calories get added back to help prevent muscle loss (which happens with really large calorie deficits. Check your BMR .....if 1200 is lower....1200 is not enough calories.

2. Do I need more than cardio for good health? The answer is yes, if you want to keep existing muscle. Strength training helps you keep muscle and is good for bone health. Strength training will help shape your body.

Not a fan of meal replacement diets myself....been there/ done that.....and here I am back again. Maybe you wean yourself off Herbalife by subbing in a healthy lunch eventually, and then subbing in a healthy breakfast eventually. This will help you learn how to keep weight off ......instead of depending upon Herbalife for the rest of your life.

I have not planned to use herbalife rest of my life, i just want to use it for couple of months till i lose some weight . I shall stick to my regular routine after i lose few kgs.
    I have tried balancing my food intake and exercise hard. but this only resulted in maintaining my weight instead to losing it.

i heard about herbalife success and unsucessful stories a lot, one of my close friend experienced it, she lost 1kg every week and now balancing her weight.

You'll hear more long term success stories from people who eat real food. Not everything requires a magic solution. Sure the shakes are marketed better than broccoli crowns and chicken breasts so of course you're going to hear more... the success stories almost always come from people shilling the crap anyway. Follow the money.

i agree with you, but i am not completely depending on only herbalife shake to lose weight. i am just adding it to my routine to get some lbs off. thats it :) i mean i am just trying it if it works..

i believe in healthy food and good exercise.

I wish I had your money to burn

what that mean??
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    If i was you... i would just keep my calorie intake to no more then 1200 and do the the 3km or more on the treadmill...

You will lose weight.... and later on... use the heralife shake to help you maintain...

I can't tell if this is serious or not ......but it's recipe for fat+muscle loss.

If OP want to lose (mainly) fat.....she should question 2 things.

1. Is 1200 NET an appropriate number?.....because 1200 is the just lowest default number MFP gives. 1200 is "generic." Also, 1200 is a NET number on MFP.....that means exercise calories get added back to help prevent muscle loss (which happens with really large calorie deficits. Check your BMR .....if 1200 is lower....1200 is not enough calories.

2. Do I need more than cardio for good health? The answer is yes, if you want to keep existing muscle. Strength training helps you keep muscle and is good for bone health. Strength training will help shape your body.

Not a fan of meal replacement diets myself....been there/ done that.....and here I am back again. Maybe you wean yourself off Herbalife by subbing in a healthy lunch eventually, and then subbing in a healthy breakfast eventually. This will help you learn how to keep weight off ......instead of depending upon Herbalife for the rest of your life.

i heard about herbalife success and unsucessful stories a lot, one of my close friend experienced it, she lost 1kg every week and now balancing her weight.

You'll hear more long term success stories from people who eat real food. Not everything requires a magic solution. Sure the shakes are marketed better than broccoli crowns and chicken breasts so of course you're going to hear more... the success stories almost always come from people shilling the crap anyway. Follow the money.

i agree with you, but i am not completely depending on only herbalife shake to lose weight. i am just adding it to my routine to get some lbs off. thats it :) i mean i am just trying it if it works..

i believe in healthy food and good exercise.

I wish I had your money to burn

what that mean??

That garbage is expensive. You can buy a ton of real food for the price of Herbalife - real food that has been around for centuries. Herbalife is a certified scam and overpriced - check the news. You know what you need to do, and Herbalife isn't going to get you there any faster.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents, I used Hebal Life many years ago, I was young and wanted a fast way to loose weight. Did it work? Yes Di I starve myself? yes.
    Not sure how it works now but back than you had to drink shakes with a bunch of pills and one meal at night.

I was always hungry, I was not exercising at the time. I cannot imagine doing that and than still trying to run I probably would have passed out.

From a personal experience it does not work, it is a quick fix, I gained the weight back once I started eating normal again. That was the firs and the last time I spent money on quick fixes.
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best on your journey!! Heres to getting started :flowerforyou:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

that's the problem... when you return to your regular routine, what do you think is going to happen?

i dont think i will gain back my weight as i am active in my workouts.

so you're going to drink these shakes until you lose weight... then go back to the food you were eating before and expect your results to not to return?

that isn't how it works.

So, u tell me the any other way?? apart from this

yeah, using MFP. Weigh your foods. Find out EXACTLY what you're eating. IF you're eating the same amount for 6 weeks, and you're not losing.. then eat 100 calories less per day for another 6 weeks. Repeat the process until you figure it out.

THIS!!!
  • HRoss2014
    Options
    Hi , are you a distributor of Herbalife?? Their shakes are delicious!!!
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Is your Indian food homemade or do you purchase it?

its homemade, i cook it

MFP has an option to create your own meal. You input each ingredient and divide it into servings and it gives you the calorie count. It's tedious to get it in there, but soon you'll have your own little database of your own meals to choose from. Counting calories can always be done.

This^^

My "recipe box" has everything from my Mom's meatloaf receipe to my husband's favorite chicken & dumpling recipe. It took some time entering the ingredients the first time and determining the serving size and # of servings, but now logging homemade meals is easier than using the barcode scanner on processed/packaged food.

THIS!!! I make everything from scratch and have all my homemade meals entered into the recipe builder. Easy peasy!
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Eat food, get good exercise, get good sleep.... repeat. There are no magic potions that won't backfire once you've stopped using them. Learn good meal structure NOW and you will maintain it forever, cheat this process and you'll yo-yo your weight for the rest of your life.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above. I do not eat out much and eat mostly homemade food. I used to measure my food with measuring cups and spoons, but found out that WEIGHING everything is so much more accurate. I make my own meals with MFP by adding each ingredient to a meal. Also, Herbalife is a scam, you will FAIL, even if you lose some weight, you will feel deprived and will not be able to do this long term. You will not be happy or satisfied. Instead, look at different healthy recipes online, or try to find substitutions for your cooking to include healthier ingredients. I am getting obsessed with finding different dishes that have been made "skinny". Eat more protein, healthy fats, and more veggies! Instead of spending money on herbalife, I recommend QUESTBARS, they are amazing, have lots of protein, and super healthy.