Friends not happy for you!?

Options
13»

Replies

• HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I don't tell anyone how much I weigh, I don't tell anyone what my goals are and how much I want to weigh. All I share with my immediate family is how much more I've lost last week, this week, etc.,BECAUSE THEY ASK !!! And I only tell people at work when they ask as well. I'm happy enough with myself for getting this far and sticking with it to make up for everyone else.
  • blondelis50
    blondelis50 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My friends are pretty good at noticing my 25# weight loss. My family never says anything even though they may notice. sigh! I wish they would comment, however they never commented how overweight I was either. thankfully. I'm thinking that maybe if they compliment me now, then it says, "yeah, you were heavy", and they don't want to validate that. In any event, I know they love me no matter my size. I do this for me and my health anyhow. I'm happy with me. A compliment would be nice once in awhile though, but I've stopped looking for it and if I do get a compliment, it makes my day. Good for you and the hard work you are putting into this weight loss journey. Keep it going.:flowerforyou:
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Let me just throw out a bit of (calorie-free) food for thought.

I know someone who lost a bunch of weight. Someone I care about very much! She was quite obese and it was absolutely awesome to see the changes.

As she lost, things like this started to happen:

ME: Ugh. I gained five pounds over the holidays.
    HER: I don't know how I did it, but I managed to LOSE five in December!!!

ME: I could really use some new jeans.
    HER: (standing up to demonstrate): ME TOO! Look at how these are FALLING OFF!

ME: mmmmmmm... Cheeseburgers
    HER: UGH! I have absolutely NO appetite for greasy foods!

It got pretty hard to be around her for a while. She thought I was being unsupportive.

I'm not saying this is the case with you, OP, because I don't know you and your friends. But maybe take a second to look inward?
  • KimiSteinbach
    KimiSteinbach Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Great response Rockmama72! I have been there too...:happy: