Chia Seeds - do you use them?

Options
13»

Replies

• cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Full of protein, fiber, omega 3s and it boosts my caloric burn about 10%-20%!
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I have tried Chia seeds, but prefer hmp hearts. the Chia seeds get stuck in my teeth. I would like to try them in baking as an egg substiute just to see if it works.:smile:

Chia and hemp are the new quinoa.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I put them in my yogurt, steel cut oatmeal, on top of my poached egg sandwich, on my baked sweet potato. You can hydrate them in any liquid. When I make whole grain bread I put them on top with other seeds. The possibilities are endless.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I love chia seeds!

I'll make puddings mixing almond and coconut milk with chia seeds and adding small amounts of shredded coconut with chopped up mangos. I also add them into overnight oats all the time. Those are probably my two favorite ways to use them. I'm also going to use them to make a jam.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,002 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Nope, I can't have any seeds anymore; not even nuts or popcorn.:sick:
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I have a mix of flax seed and chia seed. Mostly have used it in smoothies so far. Small handful goes a long way rather than measuring it. First time i used it i measured and didn't really care for all the graininess of it so learned my lesson. less is more with it
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have tried Chia seeds, but prefer hmp hearts. the Chia seeds get stuck in my teeth. I would like to try them in baking as an egg substiute just to see if it works.:smile:

Chia and hemp are the new quinoa.

I've never eaten quinoa or chia, but I've been eating hemp seeds since 1993. :bigsmile: :smokin: