I love 21-Day Fix! Starting Round 2 today!

Options
124»

Replies

• thisprettygirlgetsfit
    Options
    That's awesome and exciting! Go Joy! You rock :)
  • cindyst1
    cindyst1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Exciting. I purchased this program and started the eating plan on Monday. I can't start the workouts yet because I told myself I was going to finish JMBR. On Phase 2 Week 5 (soon 6). So once finished with that I will start 21 Day Fix workouts. I admit at first I was like no way can I survive on those little containers at the amounts given. But I now have an awesome system down and yes I do count calories and can survive. =) It's plenty of food.
    I personally am not going to worry about what other nay sayers have to say about this program (sadly you will have that with all programs and woefl). It's working for me and it's helping me. That's all that matters.
    I also belong at VFF.
    Do what works for you and don't worry about what others say. =)
    ETA: I do not use Shakeo and never will. I use Tera Whey protein powder.
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Oh, look.....another Shakeology advert. Awesome! :angry:
    Where?

Right??? I think the OP made it perfectly clear she does not use Shakeology. And even if she did, who gives a crap? If that is what someone likes, if that is where they choose to blow their bankroll, how is it any body else's problem? Least of all to make a snarly remark about? If somebody likes it and believes it make a difference for them, good for them. We all support products and thereby companies that another person will think is a complete waste.

Same with the program. If it works for you, good for you. I have done MANY of the BB programs, I find them fun, well produced, lots of variety. Also own many other DVDs...and am also on at Video Fitness (I am a vidiot!) as I think their reviews of workouts are well done, for the most part. 21 Day Fix is not a program that has had particular appeal to me...I think my stepkids would make quick work of losing pieces of the containers and the workouts didn't appeal to me enough in light of what I already own.
    But I am happy you like it and that it is doing the trick for you right now.

OP, you may want to find one of the Beachbody groups to post on, or on teambeachbody itself. There is probably more acceptance of the workouts in the general forums here, due to the popularity of P90X, Insanity, etc. But 21 Day Fix will probably always get puked on (to borrow from another poster) because people will consider it a gimmick. Whatever. Like somehow you not counting calories per se makes you less interested in other weight loss topics.
  • megankoplove
    megankoplove Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I am so far from being a BB fanatic, coach, whatev it's not even funny. After a huge, guilt-inducing dinner and a case of insomnia, I got sucked into buying the 21 day fix after seeing an infomercial way too late at night. I woke up the next day thinking I just spent what on colored tupperware?!? My husband thought I was insane. I got the product three days ago and started yesterday (so today is day two). I actually really like it. I HATE counting calories (and yes, I realize that this is a calorie counting website). It just is not something I do consistently and I am way too lazy to meticulously log in to MFP every time I eat something and log in what I ate and I'm never quite sure how many calories are really in what I'm eating. I really like the 21 day eating plan. It's pretty idiot proof if you follow it and I'm not starving...and I am always starving. The work outs are intense but there is a modified person to follow (which I alternate doing depending on the workout). I have purchased BB brazilian butt lift years ago afterwatching a similarly enticing informercial (I really have to stop watching informercials;) but that workout was so insane I never even made it through the first five minutes. These workouts are 1/2 an hour and, depending on your fitness level, are as intense as you want them to be. Plus, I actually like Autumn. Her body definitely serves as inspiration to not quit and she is not annoying...so to all the people putting down 21 day fixers, good for you that you like your way but don't get why you are being negative towards other people who like it. And for the record, I have never, and will never, buy shakeology.
  • csoares88
    csoares88 Posts: 1
    Options
    Here is my unbiased opinion and no I am not a coach and would never want to / have the time to be.

I have to agree, the 21 day fix helped me as well but I only had 10-15lbs to lose for my goal weight.
    Yes, you can go reduce your calorie intake and exercise to get the same results if you know what you are doing. For people like myself, I struggle with a busy lifestyle and don't think about nutrition. I can easily cut back calories but I would eat more unhealthy carbs then protein for example and weight loss would be slower obviously, but I knew no better.
    The benefit of 21 day fix, and the only reason you should buy it my opinion, is if you struggle with understanding nutrition portions. Honestly though, I used the containers maybe twice and then had a good eye for it.

Shakeology, the only benefit I got from this which I am sure can be easily substitued, is that it helped reduce my monster sugar cravings as this was my dessert in the day. Worth $100 a bag? No I definitely do not think so.

Overall, I am 2 days into week 3 and have lost 6.2lbs. first week of course you are losing water weight, but this is the first time I have lost 2lbs a week feeling like I am doing it the natural way, and that is because I learned about nutrition.

Don't get me wrong, you do not need to buy this program to learn about nutrition! but in my case, this was a benefit so I am happy with it.

Another bonus, which again you do not need to get 21 day fix for, is the at home workout videos. I find them so helpful! I do not have time to go to the gym but I wake up at 5:20 every morning and get my 30min in before I shower for work. Also, I tried T25 and liked it, but I couldn't stick to it. I needed a beginner level and I feel like 21 day fix was a lot easier for me with the option to make it harder as weeks go by.

Am I happy I bought this program? definitely. Would I recommend this? depends on the person.
  • icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of my first round of the fix. I am sore. more than 2.5 month of p90x3 haha
    Love the meal planning. Love being in control and knowing if I want a snack I am conscious of what food group I have left to pick from. feeling great so far.
  • sendmenoods
    Options
    Allow me to preface I have NOT tried the 21-Day Fix yet, but am researching.. A lot of these threads pop up...

Not to bash MFP as a whole, but I get where OP may be coming from. Sadly, for me, counting calories does not come easy. It hasn't worked. I've tried. Go right ahead and dump on me that I haven't tried hard enough - that I'm "lazy" - stupid, even. But I suffer from dyscalculia. Bad. Couple that with the stresses of simply TRYING to lose the weight, and it becomes damn near impossible. I spazz (or have a near-panic attack) and usually just throw in the towel, boil me a pound of pasta, and cry.

A glorified 'paint-by-number' system that will help, or teach me to control portions? I don't have to count (or count in excess)? You can eat REAL, not frozen - soy, Play-Doh cafe creation - chicken x herb diarrhea shake? Well, *kitten*.

To berate someone that they're denying themselves a 'true' sense of accomplishment for use of this, or that system - it's sad. Disgusting, really. (Oh, hey! Just lost my appetite!) Who the hell are you (royal) to even say? Give cred where cred is due, because you've no idea their struggle. (MY struggle, for starters!)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    If you love 21 Day Fix so much, perhaps you should join a 21 Day Fix website.

You come on MFP, followed by others like you and bash calorie counting and MFP. Yeah that goes over well...then you wonder why people get upset :noway:

Like I said there is this thing called GOOGLE. Type in 21 Day Fix chat board and there ya go. People just like you. Why come here and bash us? Pot meet kettle.
  • joansjourney
    joansjourney Posts: 110
    Options

You come on MFP, followed by others like you and bash calorie counting and MFP. Yeah that goes over well...then you wonder why people get upset :noway:

Like I said there is this thing called GOOGLE. Type in 21 Day Fix chat board and there ya go. People just like you. Why come here and bash us? Pot meet kettle.

IMO I don't think anyone bashed calorie counting or MFP, saying calorie counting doesn't work for them is not bashing it but giving personal experience. And I say this as a faithful MFP user and successful calorie counter.
  • sendmenoods
    Options

The only thing I came here to bash on are the bashers. As stated - I was researching. I "GOOGLED" (btw, thanks - never heard of it) and research provided, FACT, one thing - that the general moral of "Pal" in MyFitnessPal is severely lacking. I realize you guys don't want to be solicited/spammed, and I'm sure there are some users on here doing just that. But for f**k's sake, stop bullying. Bully product - sure - by all means - but not the user!

(I may not be able to math, but at least I can f**king read. Jesus.)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

The only thing I came here to bash on are the bashers. As stated - I was researching. I "GOOGLED" (btw, thanks - never heard of it) and research provided, FACT, one thing - that the general moral of "Pal" in MyFitnessPal is severely lacking. I realize you guys don't want to be solicited/spammed, and I'm sure there are some users on here doing just that. But for f**k's sake, stop bullying. Bully product - sure - by all means - but not the user!

(I may not be able to math, but at least I can f**king read. Jesus.)

This is priceless coming from someone who is using profanities and being condescending :laugh: Bully? Look in the mirror.