Today I learned that I weigh nearly 400lb

Options
1235»

Replies

• twkelly
    twkelly Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job Matt. Very insiprational first post. You can do it! You CAN accomplish your goals, one step at a time. Sometimes those steps seem very small, sometimes it feels like going backwards, but as long as you maintain a positive attitude and keep striving to move forward you will succeed. I wish you success with all my heart. Feel free to send a friend request, it would be a pleasure to follow your journey.

And for everyone who posted on this topic... i want to hug you all. This community is awesome! The support and positive vibes are eveverything our world should be about. Hug yourselves for me.

Cheers!
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Great job Matt. Very insiprational first post. You can do it! You CAN accomplish your goals, one step at a time. Sometimes those steps seem very small, sometimes it feels like going backwards, but as long as you maintain a positive attitude and keep striving to move forward you will succeed. I wish you success with all my heart. Feel free to send a friend request, it would be a pleasure to follow your journey.

And for everyone who posted on this topic... i want to hug you all. This community is awesome! The support and positive vibes are eveverything our world should be about. Hug yourselves for me.

Cheers!

I second this!!! You have come to the right spot. It does not matter what time of the day, or day of the week there is always somebody here that will support you. If you are having a bad day or even bad minute just write a post and there will be somebody there to help you through it. I have taken a peak at your diary and it definitely looks like you understand what you need to do. Keep up the great work. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • bludflower
    Options
    Well done, Matty! What a great attitude to have. Best of luck to you. ^_^
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for around two months now, mostly ignoring the community section, but today I feel like sharing. Despite the fact that I have been improving my lifestyle and trying to lose weight, I didn't actually know how heavy I was. I had always estimated that I was around 360-370lb. I knew I was very, very heavy and needed to do something about it. I purchased a set of scales in order to track my progress, but they refused to weigh me. I had suspected it may have been because I was over the 400lb weight limit of the scales, but didn't know for sure.

Today I stepped on them in a hope that it would give me a number, instead of the usual "Err" error message. I looked down and it said 180.9 KG. That's just shy of 399lb. And you know what, I'm pretty happy about that. Firstly, it means I have definitely succeeded in losing weight. I was over 400, I'm now under 400. That's progress. And now I can directly measure my progress going forward. I'm really happy that I can finally weigh myself regularly and properly measure my progress.

I know I've still got a long hill to climb, but I'm ready for it. My current strategy is simply calorie restriction. I'm still eating far too many processed foods, and eating too many unhealthy snacks, but I'm keeping my overall calorie consumption down. I do plan on cutting down on the overly processed, high sodium foods in my diet, but I'm taking everything one step at a time. Trying to do too much in one go is a recipe for failure. I'm making small, sustainable lifestyle changes one step at a time. I'm making progress and I'm absolutely thrilled about that.

If you're in a similar situation, have been in the past, or even if you just want to be generally supportive, feel free to add me as a friend on MFP!!!
    Your doing great by taking little steps to throw out the processed food. Back in high school I did this this was my strategy
    From Soda to juice to iced tea and watere plus seltzer flavored water.
    From mcdonalds to in in and or subway.
    Always drink water at resturants cause its free.
    If you love sweets make them the old fashioned way! try molto mario dolce you can find it online.
    Make your own homemade bread.
    Learnng how to cook is wonderful my big hobby!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo!!!! congratulations!!! You are awesome... amazing... courageous... and inspirational!!!!
  • osorio0203
    osorio0203 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Very nice. You should be proud. Just keep in you head that you can do it. Get friends and family to help motivate you. Set goals and when you reach them treat yourself with something nice. Nice going. Good luck in the future.

You can friend me if you like
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    congrats on the mile stone!
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    Awesome job!! Keep up the great work!
  • angielynn9
    Options
    That's awesome. I learned that I've gained over 100 pounds in the last few years. I made a "resolution" for the new year that I would be more selfish and spend more time on myself. I've managed to stick to that and have currently lost 22 pounds. It doesn't sound like much, but it's a huge accomplishment for me. I've found that breaking my weight loss down into smaller goals has helped me keep my motivation. My first goal was 10 pounds. My next is 25 pounds. I'm almost there and I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. You can do this. It starts with small changes and before you know it you will realize what an amazing transformation you are making. Congrats on the progress you've made so far.
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    WTG! Please take plenty of pics along the way because I know one day you will have one of those jaw-dropping "before/after" posts with lots of pics! I can't wait to see it!
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well done! You can do this! I agree that setting small life changes one at a time is the key. Trying to completely change everything at one time can be overwhelming. You have my support! Feel free to add me if you like. :wink: YAY YOU!
  • lkilton
    lkilton Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! You are definately going about it the right way. I started at about 355 (to the best of my knowledge) and was 293.5 when I weighed last Friday. I weigh once a week and record it on MFP. I am doing the Nutrisystem plan. I started just watching what I was eating and than started exercising about 4 weeks later. Pretty soon I hope to do some light weight lifting. Keep up the good work!
  • MzHornedOne
    MzHornedOne Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Great work! That's so awesome of you! You'll get where you want to be; I just know it :)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Highest of fives, my dear! It's the "smaller victories" (the pants that aren't as tight, walking just that wee bit longer...) along the way that are the best part. You worked hard for this :)
  • sarahyourprincess
    sarahyourprincess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I did the same I guessed at my starting point I was about 360, when I did find scales, I was closer to 390
    that moment was hard, but I've been at it for a while and I'm down considerably, I added you, I wish you good luck and look forward to seeing more of you your success!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    This post is awesome. I really admire that you managed to keep going for 2 months without seeing those numbers drop on the scale! Keep going, as people have said you are very inspiring.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting back into the 300s!
  • Philosophy666
    Options
    You have done amazingly well. Once I made my decision to lose weight half way through last year, I decided to do it "my way". No diets, surgery, pills etc. So far I have lost 40 kilos. I came across a video the other day which is truly inspirational and I hope you get some benefit from watching it. http://robbinsmadanescoachtraining.com/weight-loss-and-the-secret-of-profound-change/#comments
  • cassandra884
    cassandra884 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely wonderful news! Thank you for sharing. Everyone starts somewhere and goin slow is best. You are completely correct in that trying to do too much at once is a recipe for failure. I'm proud of the progress you have made, it is no easy task.
    I recently started using MFP again after a long hiatus. I, too, am looking for support. Anyone is welcome to add me...we can take this journey together!