Short Dirty Bulk?

Options
1235»

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    How do you guys feel about adding splenda to coffee? I only drink it when travelling like today I had one cup of coffee with like 6 packets

I love Splenda. I have no idea why you are using it when you need to gain weight.
  • Glitch000019
    Options
    How do you guys feel about adding splenda to coffee? I only drink it when travelling like today I had one cup of coffee with like 6 packets

I love Splenda. I have no idea why you are using it when you need to gain weight.

It tastes better than sugar. It still does have like 4 calories a packet though
  • takeadeepbreath
    Options
    Kid, you are very clearly still sick. There is no point in talking about bulking and cutting and worrying about what your body shape is when you don't even really know how to eat like a normal person. Get your head right or nothing you do will be of any use because you will inevitably fall back into old behaviours and wind up exactly where you were.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    Now, I haven't read through the entire thread... but was there even a proper lifting program mentioned? I did see ankle weights... are we going to make quick gains with that?

There wasn't.

That's why through the whole thread when the OP uses the terms "bulking" and "cutting" they are completely in correct.

You are exactly right though, Yo-yoing is term to use.
  • Glitch000019
    Options
    How noticeable 8 to 10 pounds gain in 3 to 4 weeks be? I know I will notice since I always see myself naked but will others notice?
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You'll look slightly less gaunt. You'll get compliments. It's not enough for people to really pinpoint weight gain, but it would smooth out muscle/underlying bone structure.
  • Glitch000019
    Options
    You'll look slightly less gaunt. You'll get compliments. It's not enough for people to really pinpoint weight gain, but it would smooth out muscle/underlying bone structure.
    Ok thank you
  • Glitch000019
    Options
    Update: I have refrained from wearing ankle weights for 3 straight days! I am aiming for 4000 calories a day now
  • supratt
    supratt Posts: 33
    Options
    What sort of weight training are you doing?
  • Glitch000019
    Options
    Lift every other day. I use a barbell and dumbbells that go up to 20 pounds
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I'm rather split on this....

I can understand needing to put on weight in general due to your height : weight ratio. I can even understanding you needing to add weight for your weigh-in.

However, you say you have an eating disorder and love to binge. I'm not certain if recommending a dirty bulk is a good idea. All that does is further enforce the fact that it's OK to binge, perpetuates an already unhealthy view/relationship with food.

So OP dirty bulks and gains 10 lbs. When it comes time to cut then what? My gut says it'll results in a failed cut(s) or yo-yo diet of binging. Now, I haven't read through the entire thread... but was there even a proper lifting program mentioned? I did see ankle weights... are we going to make quick gains with that?

This! x5
  • supratt
    supratt Posts: 33
    Options
    I stand to be corrected, but I think that doing weights every other day with 20lb while eating 4000 calories will just add lots of fat rather than lean muscle mass. But if you are recovering from an ED maybe that's not your prime concern right now.
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Can you give more details? Like how heavy does your barbell go and what movements are you doing? Hopefully it is something like SL5x5 and the dumbells are just for some accessory work.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Can you give more details? Like how heavy does your barbell go and what movements are you doing? Hopefully it is something like SL5x5 and the dumbells are just for some accessory work.

this we need more details to give you any reliable or realistic input on if it's going to be a helpful program.

Congrats on ditching the ankle weights for 3 days!!!
  • Glitch000019
    Options

this we need more details to give you any reliable or realistic input on if it's going to be a helpful program.

Congrats on ditching the ankle weights for 3 days!!!

The dumbbells come in pairs and are 5 10 15 and 20 pounds. My barbell goes up to 40 but I Will hopefully be able to increase that
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

The dumbbells come in pairs and are 5 10 15 and 20 pounds. My barbell goes up to 40 but I Will hopefully be able to increase that

we need to know what you are doing with said weights.

do you have a program? a plan?
    list of exercises- when you do them- and what your rep/set ranges look like.

For example- for the last six weeks I've been doing the following workout (this is a program- not something I made up) for 3 days a week-
    typically for me this means
    Saturday Monday- Wednesday
    Warm up- 2-5 minutes
    Barbell warm up- 1 x 8 @ 45 lbs (bar only)
    mobility WOD
    1 x 6 @ 95 lbs
    1 x 4 @ 135 lbs
    squats 1 x 20 - every lift you add 5 lbs
    Over head Extensions 1 x 20 @ 25 lbs
    OHP 3 x 12 (varied weight)
    BB row 3 x 15 @ 115
    SL DL 1 x 15 @ 165
    Bench 3 x 12 (variations here due to elbow injuries)

that is a program- tells you what I'm doing- when I'm doing it and the number of reps dictate to me how much weight I move.

we need to know these things to give you the right advice.
  • Glitch000019
    Options
    Bump
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Bump

what are you hoping to get from bumping?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    like Jo had said, you need to say what your really doing rather then list equipment.

for most males, its going to be hard to build muslce with only 40 lbs on a barbell (sorry if i missunderstood)

To make a long story short, if you're not going to failure (getting to the point where you can't do another rep with good form) then your wasting your time.

Also, if the goal is to grow muscle, and your using a weight that you can do like 15 reps or more at, then your wasting your time (probably want to fail at 8 or less).