-has always wondered-
    Not gonna lie.
  • smooothieluver
    Options
    ND = Notre Dame
    Figgzie = childhood nickname
    -has always wondered-
    Not gonna lie.

I've always wondered about both of your names.
  • farewell_friend
    farewell_friend Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's actually supposed to be farewell, friend but MFP wouldn't let me register it like that. It's nothing special, just something I used when I was on bulbagarden forums so it's kinda nostalgic.

And no, I'm not suicidal or secretly endorsing it.
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I lived for some 25 years in Abel Cathrines Gade (Abel Cathrines Street in Copenhagen). So abelcat became my online alter ego. Unfortunately someone beat me to the nick here on MFP. I had to add the 1. :huh: Hate that since I feel everybit as connected to abelcat as my christianname... Charlotte:love:
  • TheBadToe
    TheBadToe Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The big toe on my right foot got sort of injured in Iraq. Its not a very good toe anymore.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    While teaching preschool, I was discussing something with a co-worker. One of the 4 year old kids ran up to me, tapping me and interrupting the conversation, asking me if a certain area was open.

I quickly looked down and said "Uh...sure!" So he happily runs off, and halfway to the center, turns around and runs back to me.

"Miss Michelle...does 'sure' mean yes?"
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Trichechus is the scientific name for manatees, but someone already took the correct spelling (and never uses their account) so I changed the "i" to an "e."

Manatees are awesome.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    it was an old gamer tag I had before I was a teenager and it's stuck with me I guess.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I just liked it. It's an interesting aspect of astronomy. I wanted something anonymous and not searchable back to me. I only use this name for fitness. I suppose I relate to the Binary Pulsar because I'm a twin, and I'm married, and I like to do duets. I am accustomed to being part of a pair.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    it's what you get if you cross a neanderthal with a cro-magnon

1. because I believe the neanderthal admixture hypothesis is correct and
    2. I seem to have got more than my fair share of neanderthal traits
    3. as in you can find any list in a palaeoanthropology 101 textbook and most of the postcranial ones apply to me
    3.5. (and one or two cranial ones too)
    4. and I'm average height for a neanderthal woman with the mahoosive shoulders and rib cage to match
    5. but I think that's rather cool because surviving ice age winters is badass
    6. as is hunting large mammals with middle palaeolithic thrusting spears
    7. and "the cold never bothered me anyway...." (no really after a lifetime of "OMG aren't you cold??" every winter because i don't like to wear a coat it's nice to have an explanation as to why....)
  • FitterinaBallerina
    FitterinaBallerina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just recently changed my username: FitterinaBallerina I'm a ballerina that loves fitness and working out and Ballet! :D
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Moya: Nickname since childhood.
    Rargh: A noise that I have been known to make over time.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My initials, last name, and year of birth - A. M. White, 1986.
    It's what I started using when I got my first smart phone, to keep things simple.
  • soospickle
    soospickle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Soos and Pickle are my nicknames.
  • SwedishSarah
    SwedishSarah Posts: 4,350 Member
    Options
    Lilacs are beautiful flowers and I could drink hot tea all day long!
  • TheWorstHorse
    Options
    I'm the worst horse... the one that learns only through hard painful lessons, the lazy, stupid one that every rancher has and loves in spite of its shortcomings because once it learns it never forgets.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Orfygirl is actually a screen name that my husband came up with before we got together. It all started off as the misspelling of the word "for". Quickly he noticed how many responses it got if you put girl after it. It is amazing how many people don't actually look at my name and read it a Orgygirl instead.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I love tapirs and frogs.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Mine's a poor attempt at humor and an inside joke since I'm known for mumbling when I'm not focused on a conversation.