Chocolate Cravings!!

Options
13»

Replies

• ijohn001
    ijohn001 Posts: 166
    Options
    in my experience... it's like coming off of an addictive drug...

once you get through the initial craving stage... no matter how hard it is... I've even had headaches from not having it... then, after that... you're good.... no cravings, no desire for it...

it can be hard to get there.. but, once you're there... you think twice about having it again.
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Just as an alternative

Chocolate.
    If you crave chocolate, it doesn’t mean your body has a chocolate deficiency, although I think most people would prefer that. Chocolate is high in magnesium. Cravings for it often indicate that your body is deficient in magnesium, which is a common deficiency. If you’re going to eat chocolate, choose organic cocoa and mix it into a healthy smoothie, or eat a small amount of dark chocolate. Because that is unlikely enough to deal with a magnesium deficiency, it’s also important to eat other foods high in magnesium, such as nuts, seeds, fish, and leafy greens.

Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/what-your-cravings-mean.html#ixzz2gfay8jRw

I have 15g of dark chocolate whenever i want so long as it fits my macros and i stay under my calorie count
  • angijunbug
    Options
    I use this! Only 10 calories & no sugar no sodium & all health benefits! Tastes awesome!
    http://www.amazon.com/Crio-Bru-Maracaibo-12-oz/dp/B008UT14VM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1380811149&sr=8-5&keywords=crio+bru
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    I think it is important that you do not beat yourself up about it, it's chocolate; its awesome! Does it make you happy and are you still maintaining your desired deficit? Than go for it and make room for it in your calorie budget IMO.
  • chris2267
    chris2267 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is fine - just keep upping the caco %. I told myself that I could only have dark chocolate. I sit right around 72% caco. and I only need a square. That way you get the chocolate and the antioxidants. The regular milk chocolate that is in Hershey and others isn't very good for you and too much sugar.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm not in weight loss mode at the moment, but I eat 30-50 grams of chocolate (granted, not anything like a Snicker's bar or Milky Way,etc., just basic dark or bittersweet squares from a bar or chips) a day and haven't found myself mysteriously putting on weight or foaming at the mouth. Like with anything else, as long as you are able to fit it into your daily plan and eat it in reasonable portions, I personally don't see a problem with it.
  • marrisu
    marrisu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The 60 cal double chocolate puddings, fiber one 90 cal brownies or container of dark chocolate almond milk (I think these are 110 or 120 cals) controls my cravings.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    If I crave it, I have it

I can make anything fit into my day

Me?
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I eat a 90 calorie chocolate fiber one bar. That seems to help my cravings & my appetite for a few hours. Also, I like dark chocolate hershey's kisses. I can eat 1 & be ok til the next day. If you think you'd eat them all, than I would not recommend that. Also those 100 calorie snack packs at Walmart have some good stuff (chocolate covered pretzels, Special K pastery crisps,etc). Make sure it's less than 100 calories. Good luck!
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I would switch to stronger chocolate. I can get all the chocolate I need in a square of dark chocolate that has 100 calories or less, and yes, I have chocolate every day.