HARDER FOR WOMEN TO LOSE WEIGHT W/EXERCISE

Options
beep
beep Posts: 1,242 Member
Interesting. My husband always loses weight quickly when we walk together. Now I know why!

Check out this news report on why it's harder for women to lose weight with exercise. Great tips too: http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=86743

Replies

• beep
    Options
    Interesting. My husband always loses weight quickly when we walk together. Now I know why!

Check out this news report on why it's harder for women to lose weight with exercise. Great tips too: http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=86743
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    well that just sucks huh? lol

i do approx 30-45mins of walking 5days a week.. and at least 60 one day a week.. so it's going to take me forever? lol
  • nikia
    nikia Posts: 2
    Options
    This does suck so basically the first 2-3 weeks of our working out we should not expect to see results....MEN how do they always get it easy....
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    figures
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    And men dont bare children nor do they have the monthly curse! Totally different hormones.....oh should we mention pre-menopause and menopause....and notice the first three letters in that word? Hmmmmm?:explode:

zen
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    good information...:ohwell:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Don't I know it! My hubby has lost nearly 20 lbs. already where I've lost 7. Makes me wanna kick him in the shin :tongue:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    That sucks...at least we can use that info and try to tweak our exercises and go for the comeback!!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I hate it too, but if I could ever get my butt in gear and get back to serious weight loss like Atkins, where I did great, I could loose pretty fast and healthy too.
  • gschwsh
    gschwsh Posts: 11
    Options
    Why can't I do Atkins again? It's too hard now and it worked the best!
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :mad: yes very fustrating !!!!!!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey at least we have excuses for being overweight! What do men have? lol
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    It might be easier for some men to lose weight initially but I'm having a hell-of-a-time with the last 15 lbs.

In general, men don't have it easier. This is one of my huge pet peeves. Men have a completely different set of crosses to bear but don't pretend that one sex has it easier than another. Since it's impossible to fully understand the experience of the other sex, it's probably wisest not to make assumptions or generalizations about what it's like.

I'm tired of women telling sexist jokes and thinking it's okay. It's really unattractive and inappropriate. I've gotten to the point that I don't read anything some members write. I wish we had an "ignore" feature like some other forums do. If I were to get on here and tell sexist jokes about women, I can guarantee that more than one woman would be offended. Why do people assume that it's acceptable when the butt of the joke is male?

I'm also tired of the "men suck!" comments. Some men do despicable things but then, so do some women. I don't see any men here denigrating an entire sex because of their experiences with a few. Yes, I have a pretty thin skin about this because I grew up in a household with a very generous and considerate father and a domineering mother and sister. I was constantly being told how much men suck and how we've got it easier. Meanwhile, my sister and I shared the household chores equally and I was required to do all of the outside chores like hauling, splitting and stacking firewood, mowing the grass, weeding the yard, etc. If I dared cry foul, I was shouted down.

/rant

I don't want to hijack this thread so if you would like to discuss this further, PM me or we can start a new thread.
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    hmmm... well that might explain why I've been on the program for 2.5 weeks and while I feel fitter, I haven't lost much at all.

So I'll just give it a couple more weeks, eh? See if my womanly metabolism will finally give in to my demands? :laugh: :mad:
  • beep
    Options
    And men dont bare children nor do they have the monthly curse! Totally different hormones.....oh should we mention pre-menopause and menopause....and notice the first three letters in that word? Hmmmmm?:explode:

zen

Hah! Good one.
  • beep
    Options
    Why can't I do Atkins again? It's too hard now and it worked the best!

Try the Sonoma Diet or one like it; it's low glycemic, which in a way is a lower carb diet because you are replacing the bad carbs with the good ones. The Sonoma Diet is a modified Mediterranean Diet with low fat.
  • beep
    Options
    "I'm tired of women telling sexist jokes and thinking it's okay. It's really unattractive and inappropriate. I've gotten to the point that I don't read anything some members write. I wish we had an "ignore" feature like some other forums do. If I were to get on here and tell sexist jokes about women, I can guarantee that more than one woman would be offended. Why do people assume that it's acceptable when the butt of the joke is male? "

I agree. I think most of those comments were made in jest, but the reason I posted this in the first place was to give the girls out there the information they need to stick to their diets, to give them hope that after a few weeks, their bodies will kick into gear.

Some of them were funny, and many girls out there are hurting from bad relationships, but let's try not to characterize the entire manly race as bad.
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    wow....that sucks
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    At least you women get to live longer. Women are also biologically stronger (i.e., higher pain threshold, prepare for marathons in a shorter period of time, etc). :smile:
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    This is a really interesting and helpful news story. It helps explain why it was tough for me to lose any pounds the first few weeks when I started my new exercise routine back in January. And I guess it IS better to keep up the exercise for a minimum of 35 minutes.
    I agree that ALL negative jabs at men,women, at anyone should be kept off MFP. Men and women ARE different in MANY ways, always have been always will be, no need to bash each other for those differences, at least not on MFP. Please remember that we are all here to support and encourage each other, not criticize. Thank you.