How to respond - "You're starving yourself!"

Options
13»

Replies

• Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You're 26 years old.

Time to learn the "smile and stare" approach.

Mom: You're starving yourself!
    You: [smile and stare]

Don't want to engage in a conversation? Offer cheerful silence.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    No advice but you're definitely not alone, lol. My mom has always been overweight and now she uses any opportunity to say that I need to stop losing weight. So annoying.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I have actually shown people my diary when they say that I need to "eat a cheeseburger!". That usually works as I eat a lot! My SIL had asked once at a holiday dinner if it was a cheat day since I had my plate piled high with food. I said no and she didn't believe me so I showed her what I had eaten over the past week and she was awestruck:) I think people just get used to seeing us bigger and once we start to lose the weight it is a shock for them to see us getting smaller. Change is scary to people:)
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing that this is just a symptom of the relationship that you have with Mom. You're actions probably took away her and her friends excuses for dropping weight. Sometimes you have to lovingly and kindly tell your parents that you are an adult now, not a child. Your wight is your business, no hers.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Yes I am losing too much weight ,... you should see what happens when I make a milkshake now... the worst part about all of this is having to buy all new clothes, and feeling ever so much healthier
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    But...im not hungry