I want an opinion

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Well I have lots of them. I can spare a couple for you, would you like contradictory ones that make decision making hard, or congruent ones that inflate your ego with self assurance?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    That other thread is doing so much better than mine. Maybe mine is missing something.

bloomingonion.jpg
    Thief!

Wait, the other thread is doing better? I guess I should go check on it.

Yeah, she's killing me.

The original is (almost) always better than the sequel(s).

*sigh*

Did you see how many pages Robert Downy Jr. racked up just biting his lower lip? That could be you, jof. Definitely need more pictures. Amber and I will be waiting over here.
    I don't think jof has ever bitten Robert Downy Jr's lip so it would be hard for him to post a pic of that.

I bet a video of me biting RDJ's lip would make me more popular than her.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I hit my initial 2014 cut goal weight of 175 today. I'm pleased with the results so far, but am not quite where I want to be BF% so I'm going to continue at 2100 calories (with a TDEE w/out extra exercise of ~2700) for a while longer with a new goal of 170. Will plan to bump up my calories by a few hundred and transition into maintenance over the next 3-4 weeks. I hope I can get there without getting much smaller overall...and then back to maintenance+ for the summer.

That is all.

(Hmmm. Guess I really didn't want any opinions after all. *shrug* :ohwell: )

edit: because I didn't know this was English class...and people are mean.

Maybe reverse diet out to 2700, up protein and lower carbs to 30%, lift heavy and watch the fat go bye bye.....

That's essentially the plan once I get to the end of this cut (wherever that is)...and except for total calories, that's what I'm doing now too. I'm already at 30/35/35 C/P/F which gives me 158g/184g/82g.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I hit my initial 2014 cut goal weight of 175 today. I'm pleased with the results so far, but am not quite where I want to be BF% so I'm going to continue at 2100 calories (with a TDEE w/out extra exercise of ~2700) for a while longer with a new goal of 170. Will plan to bump up my calories by a few hundred and transition into maintenance over the next 3-4 weeks. I hope I can get there without getting much smaller overall...and then back to maintenance+ for the summer.

That is all.

Maybe reverse diet out to 2700, up protein and lower carbs to 30%, lift heavy and watch the fat go bye bye.....

That's essentially the plan once I get to the end of this cut (wherever that is)...and except for total calories, that's what I'm doing now too. I'm already at 30/35/35 C/P/F which gives me 158g/184g/82g.

How often are you coming out of the hole to ramp up metabolic rate?
    Should be every 5 weeks or so.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    You also spelled opion wrong.

WTF? You ain't haley!? what brand of nonsence is this? I'm telling.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    That other thread is doing so much better than mine. Maybe mine is missing something.

bloomingonion.jpg
    Thief!

Wait, the other thread is doing better? I guess I should go check on it.

Yeah, she's killing me.

The original is (almost) always better than the sequel(s).

*sigh*

Did you see how many pages Robert Downy Jr. racked up just biting his lower lip? That could be you, jof. Definitely need more pictures. Amber and I will be waiting over here.
    I don't think jof has ever bitten Robert Downy Jr's lip so it would be hard for him to post a pic of that.

I bet a video of me biting RDJ's lip would make me more popular than her.

Hawt!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

That is all.

I started this cut just over 6 weeks ago and am planning a break to start any day now...so if by "5 weeks or so" you mean "as many as 6ish weeks", then yeah, I'm right on track. Planning to go to maintenance calories of 2700+exercise for 6-7 days and then back down to 2100+ex for what I expect will be the final 4-6 weeks...and then back to maintenance+a little for the summer.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Neeeds more typhos. This tread isn't making my brainn hurth.

FIFY
  • SymphonynSonata
    SymphonynSonata Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    What is FIFY

also stop being so *****************j*******y.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Boo I was hoping that a thread capable of spawning two parody threads at midnight EST would be a lot more entertaining. Im going to bed.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    What is FIFY

also stop being so *****************j*******y.

Your excessively long curse words aren't welcome here.

And maybe I should LMGTFY your FIFY question and then see what names you call me.

(Why is everyone here so mean? MFP is supposed to be for support, not being mean.)
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Boo I was hoping that a thread capable of spawning two parody threads at midnight EST would be a lot more entertaining. Im going to bed.

At midnight? I've been here for hours.

Sorry you were late.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options

Sorry you were late.

Le sigh. Always late to the party.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Well I have lots of them. I can spare a couple for you, would you like contradictory ones that make decision making hard, or congruent ones that inflate your ego with self assurance?
    I thought you were talking about typos. I was going to ask how congruent typos inflate your ego with self assurance.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

That is all.

I started this cut just over 6 weeks ago and am planning a break to start any day now...so if by "5 weeks or so" you mean "as many as 6ish weeks", then yeah, I'm right on track. Planning to go to maintenance calories of 2700+exercise for 6-7 days and then back down to 2100+ex for what I expect will be the final 4-6 weeks...and then back to maintenance+a little for the summer.

Solid plan!
    Hit me up if interested in a program.
    I'm test driving some things with other members.
    Loading patterns and such.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Sorry you were late.

Le sigh. Always late to the party.

No worries.

It isn't like you missed much anyhow.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

That is all.

Solid plan!

I might do that in the future. Currently, I'm having fun winging it...and by "winging it", I mean, coming up with a fairly precise plan based on a lot of assumptions and estimates and then executing it with remarkable precision (while knowing deep down inside that the whole program is based on some really shaky ground (aka my own thoughts and opinions)). In a way, I'm hoping it will end up as a n=1 test of that whole premise that a "bad" program executed well is superior to a "good" program executed half-assedly.

At the end of the day, while I don't know that what I'm doing is optimal, I am confident that it isn't dangerous...and it's been fun watching the changes over time and working through the mental aspects (of things such as going from eating ~3700 to eating ~2000).
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

That is all.

Solid plan!

I might do that in the future. Currently, I'm having fun winging it...and by "winging it", I mean, coming up with a fairly precise plan based on a lot of assumptions and estimates and then executing it with remarkable precision (while knowing deep down inside that the whole program is based on some really shaky ground (aka my own thoughts and opinions)). In a way, I'm hoping it will end up as a n=1 test of that whole premise that a "bad" program executed well is superior to a "good" program executed half-assedly.

At the end of the day, while I don't know that what I'm doing is optimal, I am confident that it isn't dangerous...and it's been fun watching the changes over time and working through the mental aspects (of things such as going from eating ~3700 to eating ~2000).

Critical thinking is awesome isn't it?!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    We are about in the same place, I cut to 170 and am very happy with the results but would like the BF to be a tad lower as well. I have just switched to a slight maintenance. Hopefully I will see some results, still going to try to build muscle and lower body fat, difference is I am eating another 800 calories a day than I was used to eating. Lets see what happens.

(Rare serious moment:

I bulked for three (or four?) months at ~3000-3700 calories...went from 168ish to 188 (on 2/1/2014). Transitioned to a deficit, at at 1971 calories for a few weeks, losing too quickly and struggled to hit macros, so bumped to 2100 and am doing much better there. Losing about 1.5 pounds/week on average but am closer to 1 pound/week most recently. Need to take some measurements (tape/caliper) and reevaluate the next phase of the plan. Am really looking forward to resuming eating like a grown man again. (disclaimer: All numbers and dates from memory as my notes aren't in front of me right now.))

Okay, now back to the main point of this thread, which is:

tumblr_lcia8hOQCK1qagnk1o1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_mqolxb4kOD1qz4rgp.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

That is all.

Solid plan!

Critical thinking is awesome isn't it?!

It's like the anti-MFP way.