Looking for vegans/vegetarians?

Options
13»

Replies

• CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Vegan for almost 7 years!

How do you make sure you eat an adequate amount of protein? This is the thing that prevents me from going veggie. I don't believe in tofu.

If you're ever short, don't feel like something, etc., there are vegan protein powders that don't have soy.

And lots and lots of plants have protein.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Ovo-lacto vegetarian here for over 10 years. I recently have started cutting soy out of my diet -- did not realize the many adverse effects it has and since doing so have noticed my energy levels have improved!

I'm looking for people that have go to recipes for alternative meat sources that are soy-free!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Hola! I eat a whole foods plant based diet, including a lot of raw fruit and green leafy vegetables.
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    I'm also a vegan with occasional lapses into vegetarianism!
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for a year. I lean towards veganism but not there yet.
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm a selective pescetarian (shrimp, crab, lobster, occasionally talapia). I eat relatively little in terms of dairy. Very much a plant-based diet except special occasions.
  • havenoenvyonlylove
    havenoenvyonlylove Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Heck yes, vegetarian for 5 years! Day three trying to go dairy free lol. Losing weight now that I'm buying fresh food and doing my own cooking :) Ditched the Trader Joe frozen food, processed foods and processed sugar, having things like silken tofu and vanilla extract for dessert!
  • mixtapes23
    mixtapes23 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for 4 years! Feel free to add me =)
  • FrecklesAndLocs
    FrecklesAndLocs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I too am looking for Vegan/Veggie friends. I just went Vegan this week!
  • BecomingPremsar
    BecomingPremsar Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hey! l'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian, but l also eat a lot of vegan meals! Feel free to add me!

:D
  • ExpectantHope
    ExpectantHope Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian of 8 and a half years, anyone can feel free to add me, just leave a message :)
  • appifanie
    appifanie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi! Vegan for 9 years here. Anyone can add me, but send a message so I know you're vegan, and only if you're actually vegan. Vegan vegan. Not vegan I sometimes eat whatever, but always vegan. :D If I'm all "ooh, lookit that person lost weight, I want to see what they've done" and you've got whatever non-vegan food there, that's not helpful to me.

Also, if you aren't 100% dietarily vegan, don't be all "I'm a whatever-kind-of-vegan" if that whatever is some kind of animal product. You're just going to confuse non-vegans. Just say you try to eat as plant based as you can. Like my husband - he just went mostly vegetarian, but he isn't going around telling people he's mostly vegetarian, or a sausage-only-for-breakfast-monday-through-friday-itarian. He just says he's eating healthier, and that is awesome for him.

Make strides towards health, but don't feel the need to define yourself with a word :)
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hello, vegetarian for 25 years and trying to go vegan but sometimes get stuck with eggs.