Breast reduction buddies??

Options
2»

Replies

• Fancy_66
    Fancy_66 Posts: 17
    Options
    I had BR in 2000.....removed 4 pds tissue.....I have never regretted it for one second! 8 years later at 42 I had a nice surprise, another baby! 17 tears after my last one.....my breasts did get larger during the pregnancy but back to what they were after giving birth----and amazingly enough was still able to breast feed for 4 months! Supplemented with formula but I was happy to be able to at all!
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I lost weight before my surgery, then gained it back, then lost it again. I'm smaller now than I was when I had the surgery (7.5 years ago), but I haven't had any sagging issues. Mine were very dense, so I think most of what was left was tissue, not fat (though they did get bigger when I gained weight, they went back down when I lost it).

I did find it hard to exercise for longer than I expected after the surgery--I would get lightheaded easily, even though I was very active before.

Getting it done was one of the best decisions I ever made!
  • sstamper71
    sstamper71 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi!! I had a breast reduction in 2005.. I would do it all over again..they took 8 1/2 pounds of boob off (whew) talk about relief..no more headaches, back/shoulder pain and no more suffocating myself when I lay on my back,.lol.. I have lost up to 56 pounds (I gained some back but getting back on track).. and only lost a lil in my boobs.. I went from a triple EEE/F to a D which im still in and remained when I lost 56..but every persons dif..good luck ;) you can add me as friend if u like..
  • astonish31
    Options
    That is great info to know concerning the scarring. Guess it depends on one's body, derma and surgeon.
  • Rose6300
    Rose6300 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I think some of the commenters here are confused and thinking breast tissue is merely fat. I have fairly large breasts and they do go down a bit when I diet, but I'm always told on mammograms that they are dense. That means they are mostly breast tissue that is not fat. And the ladies here who are looking for surgery have that kind of tissue in excess, not fat. Sure, there is some fat, both the typical amount and the extra from being overweight, but someone who is contemplating breast surgery is not talking about that, they're talking about the overly heavy mammary tissue that makes exercising and sometimes just moving difficult.