What is your Evil food?

Options
***EDIT - Evil was a poor word choice, I meant trigger.

I'm interested to know what food/food groups are your archilles heel and possible get tips from each other on a healthy alternative that won't have us craving.

For me I am a cheese fiend, love the stuff but the funny thing is (to some) that I'm lactose intolerant but sadly this hasn't stopped me hence the massive weight gain. When I found this out years ago and cut out lactose I lost around 3 stone but have regained it and more as my habit has come back. It's like I'm a cheese junky.

Replies

• spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    No foods are evil. You can have anything in moderation imo. The only foods I will "demonize" are the ones I'm allergic to and can kill me :grumble:
  • queenspanda
    Options
    Any type of sugar. I feel like my day is incomplete unless I have a sweet treat. Now, I just try to reduce my portion size and allow myself to indulge a bit each day. THat will stop me from binging somewhere down the line.
  • astradford1
    astradford1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    sooo easy for me, RICE
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's evil, but I have a hard time slowing down on the Kraft Mac and Cheese. The kind with the cheese in the aluminum pouch instead of the powder. That's always been a favorite of mine. I still have it once a month. I can still eat an entire box in one sitting and actually have a hard time slowing down once I've started. Plus it reheats like crap! But then I realized I don't have to cook the whole box at once. So now I make a little bit at a time. But a close second is beef stroganoff with homemade egg noodles and sweet onions. That's also a treat because it takes me forever to make, but my husband and I will eat all of it. Now we invite friends over when we make it. That usually insures that we get to have some wine with it too! But I would have hated to give those up, so I'm glad I found a way to make them work for me!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    No foods are evil. You can have anything in moderation imo. The only foods I will "demonize" are the ones I'm allergic to and can kill me :grumble:

this..but thankfully I am not allergic to any foods….
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    french fries. I can eat 2 large orders of fries in a sitting and not even get overly full.

oh, peanuts freak me out because they can kill my kid.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Candies and I am not picky, any candy will do...lol
  • Zoocachoo
    Zoocachoo Posts: 23
    Options

I agree about the moderation, if you completely rid yourself of the food you most crave the cravings will increase and you're more likely to binge. But cheese makes me ill hence it being my evil food. Maybe Evil was the wrong word to use but hopefully people take it as being light.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

Good grief, the woman is obviously talking about trigger foods. I'm sure she doesn't really think cheese is "evil". Some people do have incredible difficulties managing particular foods, even when they've wrest control over their overall diet. Not everyone successfully eats every single food under the sun "in moderation". Some people do come to the realization that, for examples, they have such a hard time eating just one Oreo that it's best they severely limit them, if not all together eliminate them.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    For me I am a cheese fiend, love the stuff but the funny thing is (to some) that I'm lactose intolerant but sadly this hasn't stopped me hence the massive weight gain. When I found this out years ago and cut out lactose I lost around 3 stone but have regained it and more as my habit has come back. It's like I'm a cheese junky.

Not to send you into a tailspin... but most aged cheddar cheese is naturally lactose-free! See the label. :smile:

lacose-free-cheese2.jpg?w=500
  • zoquo
    zoquo Posts: 75
    Options
    Indian restaurants/take outs OMG keep me away if i can smell a good curry cooking i will follow my nose and eat 2 days worth of calories in one sitting! I know that no real food is EVIL however i think what they mean is what food do you lose control over. For me its a good curry. I just cant have a small portion.
  • Zoocachoo
    Options
    ***Evil was a wrong word to use but can't think of anything else so apologies to anyone misreading into what I'm trying to do here.

So did any of you try to find a substitution or have you found it easier just to indulge every so often?
  • spirit095
    Options

Good grief, the woman is obviously talking about trigger foods. I'm sure she doesn't really think cheese is "evil". Some people do have incredible difficulties managing particular foods, even when they've wrest control over their overall diet. Not everyone successfully eats every single food under the sun "in moderation". Some people do come to the realization that, for examples, they have such a hard time eating just one Oreo that it's best they severely limit them, of not all together eliminate them.

Wow, is it so wrong to state my opinion? I'm not frowning down on people who have a hard time with it. I understand that and can sympathize with them. The OP was saying that cheese is their "evil food" because it makes them ill.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I am gluten and lactose intolerant, so I avoid them, but they are fine for other people. No food is evil, as food really can't have a consciousness to plot to do harm to you. We choose whether or not to eat in moderation. If I do choose to eat a lot of one food, and go over my calorie goals, it's usually something like the special pizza my husband makes for me with gluten-free crust and non-dairy cheese, or some nice saucy chicken wings. But it's only one day, and I know that's not going to make me gain weight.
  • Zoocachoo
    Options

Good grief, the woman is obviously talking about trigger foods. I'm sure she doesn't really think cheese is "evil". Some people do have incredible difficulties managing particular foods, even when they've wrest control over their overall diet. Not everyone successfully eats every single food under the sun "in moderation". Some people do come to the realization that, for examples, they have such a hard time eating just one Oreo that it's best they severely limit them, of not all together eliminate them.

Thank you, cheese isn't evil it's lovely to people that can eat it but is my trigger food. That's the word I needed :)
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Not to send you into a tailspin... but most aged cheddar cheese is naturally lactose-free! See the label. :smile:

lacose-free-cheese2.jpg?w=500

ALL aged cheese is lactose free. When cheese is aged more than 30 days, the lactose ages out of it.
  • spirit095
    Options
    ***Evil was a wrong word to use but can't think of anything else so apologies to anyone misreading into what I'm trying to do here.

So did any of you try to find a substitution or have you found it easier just to indulge every so often?

I'm sorry your thread took a turn of events :(. I'm sorry! Forgive me :flowerforyou:

My trigger would be sweets and potato chips. Very hard to resist esp during TOM.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, especially this guy
    evilpopcorn.jpeg
  • bethanycopley1980
    bethanycopley1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    SALT. I am utterly and completely addicted to and adore salt. I even have a collection of finishing salts...I am a salt connoisseur. Add rich/creamy or crunchy in with that and I am screwed.
  • sapicsr
    sapicsr Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have no problem with food but Wine, Jamison and Vodka wreck havoc on my diet.