Should I go to this wedding?

Options

Replies

• eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    My mom cousin is getting married. I'm thinking I don't want to go or be apart of the event.

Reason A: She doesn't like me and I don't like her

Reason B: She isn't have a cake of any kind.

Reason C: She wants me to wear thisdbi_f13_f15678_front_2.psd.xml?layer=comp&locale=en&layer=2&scl=5&id=XK_ze1&fmt=jpg&op_colorize2=d8cfe7
    but in 'champagn'. Which is going to look awful for about 3 to 5 different reasons.

Reason D: Did I mention there is no cake?

Reason E: I don't want to fly to Pennsylvania.

Reason F: No. Cake. Not because she has some kind of strange phobia or allergy to cake or anything, but just because she doesn't want it around because she herself doesn't eat cake.

Reason G-Z : No booze

Am I a bad person?

Cant believe this is being discussed on a public forum....

You're right we should just go back to "I am eating 300 calories a day and not losing whyyyyyy?????!?!?!!!!!!!1111111" :noway:

I fully understand the heading of "Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games" so never assume. It makes an *kitten* out of U and ME. I do however, get baffled at people who enjoy putting their whole lives on Facebook with no self-dignity, let alone a public forum.

Why not just go out in the street and moan about it like a town cryer? Because that would be weird right?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    My mom cousin is getting married. I'm thinking I don't want to go or be apart of the event.

Reason C: She wants me to wear thisdbi_f13_f15678_front_2.psd.xml?layer=comp&locale=en&layer=2&scl=5&id=XK_ze1&fmt=jpg&op_colorize2=d8cfe7
    but in 'champagn'. Which is going to look awful for about 3 to 5 different reasons.

Reason F: No. Cake. Not because she has some kind of strange phobia or allergy to cake or anything, but just because she doesn't want it around because she herself doesn't eat cake.

Am I a bad person?

You're right we should just go back to "I am eating 300 calories a day and not losing whyyyyyy?????!?!?!!!!!!!1111111" :noway:

I fully understand the heading of "Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games" so never assume. It makes an *kitten* out of U and ME. I do however, get baffled at people who enjoy putting their whole lives on Facebook with no self-dignity, let alone a public forum.

Why not just go out in the street and moan about it like a town cryer? Because that would be weird right?

Sigh. Just sigh.

Is it a lack of context? Too subtle? Is that the problem? That must be it. Next time I'll be more over the top.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Am I a bad person?

I am baffled at you being baffled. Like a delightful conundrum. *shrug* :ohwell:
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm baffled by the need t RWQ the whole thread.
  • Achrya
    Options
    What kind of a wedding doesn't have cake or booze? It doesn't sound like a good time to me but she is family...

I like that dress! But champagne doesn't sound like a good colour :(

I was going to say I don't like the dress, though I like Champagne colored dresses. My wedding dress is actually champagne from the waist down.

OP you can just come to my wedding. Lots of delicious cake and an open bar.

The dress is awful. I'm genuinely surprised that people seemed to think it was cute/that I'd want one in a different color. :huh: :noway:

Invite accepted. I'm always in for cake and an open bar.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    You need to go - then sleep with the bride (and groom) separately. They will love you so much they will get you cake.
  • randomtai
    Options

I am baffled by your lack of correct spelling.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    No booze? No wedding.
  • Achrya
    Options
    You need to go - then sleep with the bride (and groom) separately. They will love you so much they will get you cake.

Baking my own cake would be a thousand times cheaper. Literally.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    No cake I could handle. No booze I would lose my mind.

ESPECIALLY an out of town wedding. When I am at a wedding where I don't know a lot of people - not sure what I would do considering my normal routine in that situation is to post up at the bar.

At least they told you in advance so you can pack your trunk with ice and booze. Sell that **** out front. Wedding gift and travel paid for.
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    Options

I'm baffled by your inability to differentiate between typos and spelling mistakes.
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    None of that sounds appealing lol. I would skip it. Or go and stock my purse with my own booze.
  • tedrickp
    Options
    Im baffled more people aren't baffled at the thought of a wedding without booze. What kind of world do we live in???
  • randomtai
    Options

I'm baffled by your inability to differentiate between typos and spelling mistakes.

Yeah-Sure-Okay.gif
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

Am I a bad person?

Sigh. Just sigh.

Is it a lack of context? Too subtle? Is that the problem? That must be it. Next time I'll be more over the top.

Yes. Too subtle, just like your apparent insecurity....
  • Achrya
    Options
    Im baffled more people aren't baffled at the thought of a wedding without booze. What kind of world do we live in???

I know right? Where is the outrage? The horror?

Maybe dry weddings are more common than I thought. Which is scary in and of itself.
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    Options

Yeah-Sure-Okay.gif

nikki-minaj-hair-flip-o.gif
  • tedrickp
    Options
    Bro - you can erase some of that quote before you post though.

Plus you are missing the point of this thread. We are talking NO BOOZE...at a WEDDING. Can we please focus on this horrifying crime against nature, rather than you spending time proving how different you are from the rest of MFP. We get it.

EDIT: not referring to above poster...referring to the mass quoter
  • randomtai
    Options
    Bro - you can erase some of that quote before you post though.

Plus you are missing the point of this thread. We are talking NO BOOZE...at a WEDDING. Can we please focus on this horrifying crime against nature, rather than you spending time proving how different you are from the rest of MFP. We get it.

EDIT: not referring to above poster...referring to the mass quoter

This is true... No booze is a travesty!!! Shots for everyone

tumblr_lrxo5oRcul1qk2i4fo1_500.gif
  • AllForMe14
    Options
    I wouldn't go. If I don't like the person, I'm not about to attend their wedding.