I'm "skinny fat" how can i gain muscle but lose fat?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i had the same problem throughout my high school - my friends would jokingly call my belly "donut".
    when i lost weight by DIETING and lifting but not a single abdomen exercise and very little cardio, no more than 20 minutes per session, and i lift only 3 times a week, my abs were showing. i swear. check my pics.
    so diet and diet only! deficit is what you need. i usually watch what i eat but i never cut out any carbs or sugar and I'm getting less protein then recommended.
  • Yanks1996
    Yanks1996 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Saving for later
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Dead lifts, weighted squats and Swiss ball crunches are my ab moves. Planks for as you can hold the form are also good, though boring. My carpet is only interesting for a couple of seconds.

This. Heavy weights - don't be scared to lift like a man. You won't look like one I promise.
  • greathabits17
    Options
    Diet is a huge part mass increase goals. Try to consume much more protein and add carbs every other day. Weights are a must and do pyramid workouts including drop sets. Also, if anyone is looking for extra motivation to help push through check out victory blvd on Instagram they have some great posts.

Stay fit!
    :tongue:
  • miniimuscles
    miniimuscles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy *kitten* weights
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    dumbbell complex or circuit training. You can look up videos on YouTube. Make sure to add heavy weight and do enough reps. you need to do a lot of Korra exercise as well.
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy *kitten* weights

Lol. Yes. lift heavy for sure. You do higher reps with lower weight for endurance and to cut and you do higher weight, less reps to bulk and gain more muscle. Be sure to do your reps slow and squeeze the muscle at the top of the reception. 3set should be higher.weight and 4th a drop set.