I need to pee ALL the time?!

Options
13»

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Every couple of hours sounds normal enough to me. I wish I only had to go every few hours, but then again I'm 32 weeks pregnant.
  • Sammun
    Sammun Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Every few hours is normal. Please don't hold it too long. Can cause severe infections.
  • toofatandy
    toofatandy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sounds normal when eating less food.
    For an easy check next time pee or pour your pee near ants if they scamper your all good.
    If they start drinking it then sugar is present.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Sounds normal when eating less food.
    For an easy check next time pee or pour your pee near ants if they scamper your all good.
    If they start drinking it then sugar is present.
    Or, you know, just go to a doctor and get blood work done. This isn't the 18th century.
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    What I wouldn't give to only have to pee every few hours :ohwell:
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    *overshare*

I pee'd every 20 mins for 8 months of my life, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep (well I managed 45 mins when I was asleep but woke up desperate) I had sores like the joker from batman on my mouth from constantly hold a pint glass there.

It was horrific.

I was tested for the usual Diabetes over and over again until I finally saw an endocrinologist who tested me for a third super rare type (diabetes insipidus) with the water deprivation test.
    Get checked out!
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Every few hours doesn't seem like all the time to me. I pee way more than that usually.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Drink less. If your peeing a lot your body doesn't need the fluid. Your body has a perfectly adequate way of telling if you need fluid it's called thirst. The 8 glasses a day thing has no basis in science it's just a number plucked out of thin air.

^^^ this

Drinking extra water has no health benefit - it doesn't increase weight loss. Your body can't "get used to" drinking lots of fluid - if your body doesn't need it, it goes straight out again as pee.

I've never understood this obsession with water. It is interesting that the supposed recommendations for drinking water coincided with companies bottling tap water and reselling it to us. I am also trying to imagine how my life would change if I spent a good portion of it carrying giant containers of water around, drinking it, and making constant trips to the bathroom. Frankly, I've got better things to do.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Drink less. If your peeing a lot your body doesn't need the fluid. Your body has a perfectly adequate way of telling if you need fluid it's called thirst. The 8 glasses a day thing has no basis in science it's just a number plucked out of thin air.

^^^ this

Drinking extra water has no health benefit - it doesn't increase weight loss. Your body can't "get used to" drinking lots of fluid - if your body doesn't need it, it goes straight out again as pee.

I've never understood this obsession with water. It is interesting that the supposed recommendations for drinking water coincided with companies bottling tap water and reselling it to us. I am also trying to imagine how my life would change if I spent a good portion of it carrying giant containers of water around, drinking it, and making constant trips to the bathroom. Frankly, I've got better things to do.

^^^ yeah this.... and the 8 cups a day recommendation is ridiculous because the amount you need to drink depends on how much you sweat which depends on the climate and your activity levels... I live in Bahrain and in the summer I'd be dehydrated on just 8 cups a day... but in the UK in the winter, 8 cups a day would be a constant trips to the bathroom amount of water.

my advice:

- use thirst as a guide, because no-one told Homo erectus how many cups of water to drink to stay hydrated but they managed to not die of thirst when water was available to drink.

- if your pee is very pale or clear, you're adequately hydrated no need to drink more to meet some magical number target for water
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    *overshare*

I pee'd every 20 mins for 8 months of my life, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep (well I managed 45 mins when I was asleep but woke up desperate) I had sores like the joker from batman on my mouth from constantly hold a pint glass there.

It was horrific.

I was tested for the usual Diabetes over and over again until I finally saw an endocrinologist who tested me for a third super rare type (diabetes insipidus) with the water deprivation test.
    Get checked out!

We talked a bit about that in my med term class. Diabetes might be the case for the OP but I just think that when you start drinking more water than usual, you will urinate far more than you're used to. Since the body uses 1 liter of water a day, adding more water than that can shake things up a bit.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    Options
    *overshare*

It was horrific.

Get checked out!

We talked a bit about that in my med term class. Diabetes might be the case for the OP but I just think that when you start drinking more water than usual, you will urinate far more than you're used to. Since the body uses 1 liter of water a day, adding more water than that can shake things up a bit.
    True.
    I just hear pee'ing a lot and go 'clearly this person has what I have' because I don't want to be alone in my weird pee'ing condition.
    excessive urination is a symptom to keep a eye on tho. I would say try drinking less and if you keep pee'ing then get it checked out.
    I am still waiting for somebody to tell me the implications of my condition (and my anti-diuretics) on exercising and fluid intake. I am generally winging it and I am still alive! lol
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    *overshare*

It was horrific.

Get checked out!

True.
    I just hear pee'ing a lot and go 'clearly this person has what I have' because I don't want to be alone in my weird pee'ing condition.
    excessive urination is a symptom to keep a eye on tho. I would say try drinking less and if you keep pee'ing then get it checked out.
    I am still waiting for somebody to tell me the implications of my condition (and my anti-diuretics) on exercising and fluid intake. I am generally winging it and I am still alive! lol

From what I've read on insipidus, as long as you take your anti-diuretics properly and maintain proper hydration without overdoing it to counteract your exercising you should be just fine. If you feel like you're losing too much water when exercising, I'd say tone it down a bit or do it in smaller sessions while staying mildly hydrated. A few sips here and there through the workout should be good enough and since you seem to be doing a-okay on your current routine there shouldn't be much to worry about.

Maybe you can find a diabetes support group in your community. Sometimes the people who run those kinds of groups have access to information that may be helpful in understanding what you can and cannot do. I would not recommend high intensity cardio though. From my experience that makes me drink so much water and have to pee terribly that I'd imagine it'd be deathly on your kidneys with insipidus.
  • lizzyclatworthy
    Options
    There are a couple of runners in the online support and they've been pretty good. mostly the worry is over hydrating. sometimes when my PT says to drink I pretend because I know I don't need it.
    I am using what we call break through (we allow our tablet to run out and then drink-pee for an hour) to allow a sort of reset. it seems to work and also I kinda like it. it's a bizzare feeling of crazy thirst and quenching you just cannot imagine (well I couldn't have before I developed this, maybe that first glass of water when you wake up with a hangover?)

It works for now. So it's all good!
    I shall stop derailing this thread now ;)
  • jhall527
    jhall527 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't know when you started dieting/eating healthy but it is very common to pee more frequently when you start eating healthy because you are bringing in less sodium in a healthy diet. To maintain the proper concentration of sodium your body needs to get rid of some of the water it was holding on to. Overtime your body will adjust and you will be peeing less frequently.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Yep. I pee every hour. Sometimes it's not even a whole hour. I drink about 128 oz. of water during the day.