Olive Oil Help!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Low calorie oil? Is that what you're looking for?
    Seriously, save yourself some time and effort and keep the olive oil in your plan. Work on finding others ways to cut back on calories.

seriously, instead of using a whole serving ..use a half serving or a quarter serving...

I use olive oil a lot and am always in a deficit...
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Options
    I assure you, olive oil is not the issue here. Fitness enthusiasts, models, athletes, bodybuilders will all testify to its' virtues. Maybe use "less" of it, but if you can't spare 100 cals here and there, you might need to seriously take a look at other things to sacrifice in your diet.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    olive oil IS healthy.

just build it into your allowance and continue to use it....and/or use less.

^ This
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    vp9ahx.gif
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    vp9ahx.gif

Thank you. I don't understand why it took this long for a .gif like this.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    All oil is between 117 and 122 calories a tablespoon. Olive oil is 119. would you prefer coconut oil? It'll save you a whopping 2 calories a tablespoon.
  • sarahspidey
    Options
    Thank you all for the help , I shall take your advices, you have been super helpful :smile:
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Stick with the olive oil! All oils will have a high calorie count but olive oil is far better than the over-processed refined grains oils (i.e. corn, "vegetable," canola, etc.)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give me a healthy alternative to using olive oil please? I absolutely love using olive oil on everything ( salads, eggs, frying etc...) but I recently discovered that one table spoon has like more than 100 calories?!?! :sad:

If you can give me an idea of a tasty healthy low calorie oil that would make my day :smile:

Thank you

Sarah

All oil has the same calories. It is pure fat. Olive oil is extremely healthy and tasty. Just use a little less.
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It's not lower calories, but very good for you and nice for a switch-up - Grapeseed Oil. I have some garlic flavored grapeseed oil that is SOOO good!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    BSS_61426_228_433.jpg

But she's so lovely, why would you want an alternative?

Seriously though, fats have 9 cals/g. You're not going to find a low cal fat.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I put some olive oil in a tiny spray bottle so I can use less oil to cover a surface. The whole spray bottle holds maybe two tablespoons, and it's really helped me cut down on the amount of oil I cook with.
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    you can buy a spritzer thing to "mist" the olive oil. this way you still use olive oil, but just less. for eggs -- i usually put olive oil in the pan and then take a paper towel and soak up most of it and distribute it on the pan to coat.
  • selah117
    selah117 Posts: 2
    Options
    Try buying an olive oil spayer mist bottle. You'll use less calories. Do a search on Amazon.com and they have a real nice one. Read the reviews before buying one.