Lose 5 pounds a month OCTOBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• barbdip
    barbdip Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know I am late in this challenge..but I need to join. If I could lose even 10 pds by JAN I would be happy. I have 2 children ages 11 and 13. They keep me busy, plus they are boys so they are constantly hungry and want JUNK food. I have a hard time fitting in exercise other than walking into my schedule. This is a good start here for me and may motivate me to stay focused. Hope you do not mind me starting at the end of the month!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Had quite a bad week in terms of food :frown: been at work at maccys at 7am to 3pm so my only choice is to eat there..plus the local fair has come so been having sugary treats aswell :sick:

BUT..tomorrow is the start of another week!!! :flowerforyou:
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Weigh in today : ) happy to say im 162.4 my first two pounds lost so far this month : ) yay
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Just checking in on my weigh in day.

Oct. 1 - 205
    Oct 25 - 200

Yay! Made the 5 lbs. Still have 6 days left in October so going to try to get to ONEderland.

Good luck everybody and don't give up. :flowerforyou:
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    :grumble: todays weight: 158.2

Oh well, new week and I'm going to kick some butt!
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    quick check in before I leave on my move to Oklahoma.
    No loss. Oh well, too much celebrating and going away parties.

Oct 1 SW 190.5
    Oct 4 191.5
    Oct 11 190
    Oct 18 188
    Oct 25 188 (at least it didn't go UP!)

Oct 31 goal wt 185.5
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. First off, I'm not doing BMK this week because I'm really sick right now and don't have the energy to do much of anything, so I guess, look at it as a rest week or do whatever you would like week, your choice. Kelly is picking next week :)

Aside from being sick since late Thursday early Friday, the weekend was great! The rehersal dinner was very nice. I spent all morning/afternoon with the bride and her girls getting ready and the ceremony, was great. We (Nick and I) honestly thought it was gonna be a redneck wedding (not that there's anything wrong with that, it just sounded that way from the Bride and Groom) and it was really nice :) We had a hayride after the ceremony for the wedding party which was fun. The reception had it's ups and downs..mostly ups. I took a few pics but I'm waiting for the photographer to post her pics. All and all, I had a nice time, aside from the being sick thing. We got home yesterday afternoon and I fell asleep til well past dinner. and then slept again from 8p to 9a. I can't wait til I get over this. Sore throat, stuffy nose, headaches, achiness...BLAH. Enough rambling from me. Check out my facebook album for pics from this weekend:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=562923&id=843280050&saved
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I didn't do so hot at the Halloween party Sunday. I eat pizza and had a mini cupcake, but at least it was a mini one. Had lots of fun with the kids though. My daughter asked if we can have a party on Halloween and at first I really didn't want to deal with it. But after sleeping on it I figured that it would be a nice thing to do for her and I can make healthier treats instead of having only junk. I have been looking today for what food I can make and found some really cute ideas. I'm going to have "Halloweenies" with mustard dip (smoked mini-sausages wound in strips of dough to look like a mummy) and R.I.P sandwich coffins (PB&J sandwiches cut to look little coffins with a jelly R.I.P on the top) I'm also doing to make goblin grins (apple wedges cut to look like a smile with almond slices as teeth) of course we will bake cookies to decorate and make caramel apples. But it will be better than sugar sugar sugar, now lets go trick or treating. :bigsmile: Can't wait to see how it all turns out. I'll post pictures of the food so you can see how cute it all looked. Just wanted to share the ideas. Hope you all have a great day!
  • 55tolose
    Options
    Bru sorry to hear that you have been so sick. I am glad you had fun at the wedding tho. : )

Jen that sounds like so much fun and such a lot of work all at the same time lol you are such a good mom : ) those sound like great ideas too : )

well all I will see you on sunday for sure and maybe a time or two through the week. Have a GREAT Halloween! Just incase i don't see you till then
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Oct 4- 176
    Oct 11- 176...
    Oct 18- 174
    Oct 26- 174
    Oct 31-

Weighed a day late, spent most of yesterday laid up on the couch nursing my back (and a couple of percocet). No running :sad: or wearing heels :cry: for at least a week.
    Have a good week all!
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Check in time for the last push before the end of the month:

10/1 - 185
    10/5 - 182.5
    10/12 - 180.5
    10/19 - 180 (Made my 5 - now keep pushing)
    10/26 - 178.5

I would love to hit the 177 mark by Sunday so I guess I better get myself moving.

Have a great one all!!!
  • bekylouisex3
    bekylouisex3 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Weighed in this morning at 139.5 lbs...so a 0.5lb loss! Still 5 days left of October so I'm going to see if I can at least lose the other 0.5lbs :tongue: That'll make me at a 6lb loss for October :drinker:
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Congrats on all the hard work.

I'm back from vacation and spending good family time. Interestingly enough though, one of my roommates moved out suddenly yesterday and took the pots and pans, mixer, the toaster, the blender, the dishes, and the silverware with her. Maybe if I can't cook any food, I'll really lose weight! keh heh heh

Oct 1: 150
    Oct 14: 148
    Oct 26: 146

I don't know if I can drop one more by the 1st. I will try! Rrr!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Well, my BMKer's...we have taken a vote, and have all three decided to take a break on the BMK for a while. We are thinking of doing a once a month challenge, which may come up this Monday. But the 3 of us have agreed that as much as we love coming up with the challenges and pushing each other, we are all kinda slacking on pushing ourselves. So we are going to focus more on our weakness and make them strengths. I'm sure you all will understand. Thank you for making the BMK fun and hope to bring it back at some point. *hugs*
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I walked on my lunch break, just got back, and it feels really great to have gone out. I hope the rain stays out of my way for the rest of the week. Halloween is one of my favorites and putting a jacket over a costume just seems wrong. I work at a school and always dress up for Halloween. My daughter came home last night and asked me if I was going to dress up. I told her yes, and she told me that a girl in her after school care class (an older girl who is in 3rd grade, my daughter is in Kinder) told her that when parents dress up it is "SOOOOOO embarrassing!" I said "maybe her mom didn't pick a fun costume, but my costume will be so fun that you wont be embarrassed" I felt a little sad though because I don't think I'll be able to get away with being the embarrassing mom for very much longer. Hey mom's: do you dress up for Halloween?

Hope you all have a great day.
  • clange
    clange Posts: 5
    Options
    I figured I'd better get at least one weigh-in posted before Sunday!

230 on October 1
    227.6 on October 26
    2.4 pounds down
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Jennplus...awwwww, how mean of the older girl....some kids can be so mean....I however never dress up anymore since I have kids, but that's no reason why you can't if that's what you choose....and yes, the kids grow sooo fast:sad: ...my older child (my son) is 9 1/2 and I don't know if he still believe in Santa or not....soooo sad!!:sad:
  • 55tolose
    Options
    wow alioth I move take half a month off and you really zoom ahead of me lol oh how i wish i were where you are at right now but i am getting there slowly but surely.

Jen I don't dress up for the reason that i love spending that money on the kids and also because my husband refuses to dress up so its embarrassing for me to be the only parent dressed up lol I probably would if he would.

Well all i started the month at 165 and managed to stay there thank goodness and now a week after my move i am at 162.0 that means that i have only 10 lbs left before i get to my pre-pregnancy weight of 152.0. I was 191.0 when I had my baby a year and a month ago a gain of 39 pounds....., Right after I had her at my 6 week i had lost 10 pounds and houvered there for the remainder of the year untill i stepped on the scale again in june at 177 and there my journy really began. I started MFP on july 1st and I have now lost a total of 29 pounds and 10.8 with MFP! thats amazing and a great goal to hit. Its been a bit slower than the rest of you but im fine with that. Now im looking to step it up ... During the month of november and december I will be exercising on my ellipticle which i haven't done since i lived in a tiny basement appartment so im pretty excited about that and i plan to lose those last 10 pounds by the end of the year and Begin a new journey to get back down to my ideal weight. Im so glad to be a part of such an amazing group of supportive women and im not sure i would even be this far without this site. Thank you all.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Bru, thanks for letting us know. I'm happy with whatever you guys decide. I struggle with the challenges myself but I really like reading about everybody in the thread. :)

Jenn, I'm not a mom and I wish I had a reason to dress up. Nobody I know is doing it. Have fun!

55tolose, you're still down 3 lbs in October so far, which is great! And you'll be on the elliptical soon. I've been using it a lot this month and it's made a huge difference.
  • sjyates
    sjyates Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Sept 27 - 128.5
    Oct 4 - 130
    Oct 11 - 128.5
    Oct 20 - 127
    Oct 27 - 127

So only 1.5 lb loss so far for the month. But at this point any movement on the scale is good. The closer I get to my goal weight the harder it is!

I doubt I'm back for next month's challenge as I'm down to losing my last 7 lbs and my goal for that is by New Year's. So, best of luck to you all! I really enjoyed this Challenge! :flowerforyou: