Curling In The Squat Rack?

Options
124»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Big doods can do whatever they want in the gym. Little doods, no curly in the racky.

if big doods are curling in the squat rack that tells me they don't know what it's for, and if they don't know what it's for then wtf are they doing on leg day, and do they even have a leg day?

meh- the guy pulling 400 in his DL from the floor to the rack to curl.

I made joke about was "going to call him out" but yeah no- not with a DL work out like what he just did... He offered the rack up for me to use if I wanted it instead of the power rack- I declined since I can do what I need from the power cage or the squat rack

Seriously- if no one is waiting for the rack- who cares.

If they continue to hog it while someone is wanting to curl- THAT'S douchy.

OHP in the rack is a perfectly legit use of the rack- so are BB rows.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I feel a little guilty doing OHPs and barebell lunges in the squat rack but I kind of have to...

I do barbell OHP in the squat rack too ….

Yup. Where else can you do it?

Um. I just clean it into position. If I can shoulder press it, it's light enough to clean. I mainly use DBs for OHP, though.

Sure, if that's your goal.

At the moment, I max out at 175 lbs on my ohp, and when I'm pushing my max, I don't want to waste energy power cleaning it up.

Maybe you have a point. The numbers are irrelevant. If my 1RM is 1kg and it's still a struggle to clean 1kg, should I use a squat rack, too?

Man, it's your workout. Don't let anyone else dictate it.

If you want to power clean a barbell and ohp it, do it. If you want to do dumb bell press, knock yourself out.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    It used to piss me off but guess what?

a68777a35fb547f42f8ed03463b78bee.jpg

Here's a better one :bigsmile:

tumblr_miu5uxCoo31rc3r29o1_500.jpg
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Man, it's your workout. Don't let anyone else dictate it.

If you want to power clean a barbell and ohp it, do it. If you want to do dumb bell press, knock yourself out.

Don't worry - I'm always open to changing my training. OHP in a rack does actually make sense now that I think about it.

WRT DBs, there's always a risk of knocking myself out if I don't control the DBs while bringing them up to my shoulders. :laugh:
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

Hahaha! Priceless!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    It used to piss me off but guess what?

a68777a35fb547f42f8ed03463b78bee.jpg

hahaha that was one of my choices of pics to post on this topic. So jokes :laugh:
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I think they need their butts kicked and banned from the rack for a month.

Sooo agreed. Drives me nuts.

2nded.

And the guys doing side-bends and shrugs, too. I want there to be a little Ring-girl-esque voice that automatically whispers GEEEEEEET OUUUUUUT whenever that happens.