What Have You Done With Your Clothes That Don't Fit?

Options
arabianhorselover
arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
Just wondering what everyone has been doing with their "too big" clothes? Today I have been packing mine up to donate to our local women's shelter. There will be lots more when I take out my Summer clothes in another month.

I've got some things that I've hung onto for years never really believing I would every get into them, and now I can!

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Donated them to charity.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    ones that were in good condition got passed on to a friend who's also on this 'journey'. But most of my older clothes were in such poor condition, they went in the trash.
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Donated them to charity.

Some to Goodwill. Next batch going to a group that helps low-income men with job searches.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I just took a big bag of too big clothes to a donation bin. It felt wonderful!!!
  • pjb58
    pjb58 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Some of them went to the local consignment shop, cause I need money to buy new ones.
    Some went to charity.
  • margelizard
    margelizard Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Mostly just goodwill stores. The ones in bad condition went in the trash. My friend who is also losing weight passed hers down to me as she lost weight, which really helped me out!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Well as i gained weight in highschool i gave them to my dad to wear, right now they're in the attic waiting for me to fit into them. I've noticed goodwill never has big/tall clothing.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Goodwill
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Donated and gave some to friends.
  • krystaljustice
    Options
    I gave mine away. I figured if I kept them, I would be more likely to grow back into them. Now that they are gone, it is one more reason to keep the weight off. Otherwise, I have to go shopping for a new wardrobe, and that can be expensive and unpleasant (at least when it's for bigger stuff).
  • EpsilonGamma
    Options
    I'm a school teacher, so my t-shirts become painting (art) aprons for the kids.
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Gave them to a woman's shelter that helps provide appropriate clothing to women for job interviews. I had a ton suits and office wear in great condition to give away. These days I don't buy much more than sportswear as things only seem to fit for a few months.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Donated the good ones. Tossed ones that were too worn out or just ugly.

I'll be having to donate a suit soon. :( I've gotten two years out of it, I suppose. But. . . these things ain't cheap. I'm going for a three piece next, anyway.
  • Woodspoon
    Woodspoon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    The barely worn designer ones - Ebay
    The rest to charity
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    shutyourpieholeandsquat Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    All of my better clothes I sold on Ebay, gave some to a friend at work and donated about 4 bags to Civitan
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Garbage mostly, gave some away, donated some. All I know is that they aren't ever coming back! :drinker:
  • fercar3000
    fercar3000 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    So far I'm keeping all my clothes ... I will be cleaning the closet out and taking a ton to Goodwill once I reach my maintenance which should be in no more than 2-3 more months ... Then I will have to do some serious shopping LOL
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Some I have given to a friend and the rest have gone to Goodwill.
  • EmbraceTheDarkSide
    EmbraceTheDarkSide Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I got some altered (mostly suits and pants for work).

I turned some into "working on stuff" clothes like when I'm working on my bike or my car or doing things in the yard.

The ones that couldn't be salvaged got donated.
  • Amandawith3kids
    Amandawith3kids Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    consignment for what i can, donate the rest. i'd donate all of it but i need the money i'll get from consignment. i plan on buying from clearance racks for the 2 or 3 things i'll need inbetween.