Any Other Zero calorie drinks besides Colas?

Options
2»

Replies

• SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    My go-to daily drink is Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice herbal tea which has a slightly sweet and spicy flavor. I make a big batch in the morning with several tea bags and only a small amount of boiling water. Throughout the day, as wanted, just add cold or hot water, and dilute to taste.

For a low, but not zero, calorie drink which has some health benefits, I drink kombucha, which is a slightly fizzy, slightly sweet, slightly apple ciderish tasting beverage that you can purchase or make at home. It is basically a diluted sweet tea that has had a scoby added in order to ferment. You can google for more details.
  • jakeya16
    jakeya16 Posts: 40
    Options
    Try naturally infusing your water with fruits! Zero calories and you can mix it up with different flavors:) coconut water is also a good option
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Information on the topic of teeth is very confusing. I have seen a lot of information telling me that diet drinks do have a higher pH than usual (here is one source, http://www.greathealth247.com/ph-acid-alkaline-food-chart.html). On the other hand, why then are artificial sweeteners used in tooth paste? Well... http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2099426/... this article shows that it is fluoride that makes toothpaste slightly more alkaline than water (which is ph 7, the only balanced alkaline vs acidic drink). Not all brands use the same amount of fluoride and depending on how you use the product you may not even succeed in reducing mouth acidity. Yikes! This is why mouthwash is so important XD

I've been drink a lot of diet soda for nearly 2 years now, and last year when I went to the dentist I was told my teeth were in terrible condition. I went to other (cheaper) dentists for quick check ups and they said that upon initial inspection my teeth were fine but x-rays showed bad decay and that I needed work done ASAP... whoops. That was nearly a year ago. I spent a thousand dollars to find this out with no results so you can see why I don't want to approach another dentist.

Sigh... what am I going to do with my teeth...
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    In the UK we get a range of 'zero' drinks - fanta zero etc.
    Not that the normal 'diet' ones are usually low enough in calories that I don't worry about it.
    The "no added sugar" pink lemonade I have sitting here is 5 kc per 100ml - so if I drank the whole 2l bottle I'd be hitting a whole 50 calories from that.

Coke zero is around 3.5ph, normal coke 2.6.
    As a comparison, lemon juice can be around 2 and grarefruit juice 3, with orange juice similar to coke zero.
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Any tea and black coffee.

Water.

Obvious panda is obvious.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    OP, not long ago you created a few threads about losing too much weight, too fast. why are you so concerned about zero calorie beverages?
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I buy the cases of sugar-free flavored water at Aldi. They come in a flavor assortment. You can get brands such as Fruit 2-0 or Adirondack at grocery stores.
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Try the 10 calorie diet sodas. They have a little sugar and taste decent. 7 up and dr pepper are two of the flavors. Propel zero has different flavors and main ingredient is water. its a sports drink.