Cereal. Any suggestions

Options

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Oh! I love Reeses Peanut Butter cereal!
    Lucky Charms..... you can never go wrong with Marshmallows in the morning.

Or Reese peanut butter cereal!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I am more than jealous of all you guys who live in the land of choice. I can only dream of so much choice in a supermarket.

Still, I believe I would weigh way more than I already do due to all those yummy things we don't have here in Australia. :embarassed:
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that in Australia you wouldn't have a lot of choices. Actually, we have too many choices here. The cereal aisles are long, but most of it is over-priced junk.

quote]
    :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I am more than jealous of all you guys who live in the land of choice. I can only dream of so much choice in a supermarket.

Still, I believe I would weigh way more than I already do due to all those yummy things we don't have here in Australia. :embarassed:
    [/quote]
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    This was my kids cereal but I just had to try it today.

capn-crunch.png

Seriously where did you get these? I can't find them! I need them!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    potato
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    potato

potato potato
  • reneeb816
    reneeb816 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This was my kids cereal but I just had to try it today.

capn-crunch.png

Seriously where did you get these? I can't find them! I need them!

I second that! I want to try these!!
  • Wifey7891
    Wifey7891 Posts: 91
    Options
    chocolate soy milk with shredded wheat. natures path granola, bare naked, and kashi are good with greek yogurt. my go-to breakfast. also been putting sugar free preserves/jelly in my yogurt if im limiting my carbs for the day.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    What the heck are grape nuts, anyways? I didn't know grapes had nuts?

well they do, and they're delicious. especially warm with milk or cream on them. honey too. slurp/yum!

yes, warm is awesome with a bit of sugar! I may need to stop at the store on the way home!
  • andream1976
    andream1976 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love Cinnamon Burst Cheerios but they're hard to find. I also like Quaker Oatmeal Squares and Special K Chocolate Delight.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I love Earnest Eats Mayan blend hot cereal....but I cant find it in stores anymore!!! Wah!!!!!!
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I like Fiber One Chocolate and honey squares, both 80 cal/serv
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    All bran, with yogurt and chia seeds on top.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I like to either make my own granola (simply google for the recipe), or I get different granolas from the Whole Foods bulk section.

Only down side is that it is high in cals. I'm on a 1200 calorie max, and I can easily waste half of that on just granola and milk. Luckily I hit the gym for 1-2 hours each day, so I can still eat lunch and dinner.
    Did I read this wrong? You're a 160+ pound dude and you're planning to train for a marathon on 1200 calories a day?
    This!
    Good luck with your energy levels! I weigh 20lbs less and easily put away 2x+ that amount. On long run days it will be over 3,500. All I know is if I consumed that little of cals, I would barely be able to get out of bed. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Back to cereals.

frosted flakes
    cocoa puffs
    mini wheats
    lucky charms
    cookie crisp
    oreo o's
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    What the heck are grape nuts, anyways? I didn't know grapes had nuts?

well they do, and they're delicious. especially warm with milk or cream on them. honey too. slurp/yum!
    They only come in tiny boxes though. Which is funny cause they never seem to run out, no matter how many bowls you eat. A handful in a cup of yogurt is pretty good too
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    I loooooooove my All-Bran flakes :3 also helps a lot with daily fibre intake requirements
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    All Bran. With or without milk. Tastes good, fills me up. Etc.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Eggs or oatmeal are a good starter for the day.
  • scispence
    scispence Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    0114-red-river-02.jpg

Don't know if this available outside of Canada (well it is on amazon, but I don't know that that counts), but it is a really nice alternative to oatmeal
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Here are the ones I've enjoyed...on a varying level of 'healthiness' :laugh:

- Special K (I have to throw in some dried fruit or it tastes boring to me)
    - Crunchy Nut Clusters (in the cupboard right now)
    - Uncle Toby's Plus Sports (chosen for its dried apple content, haha)
    - Rice Bubbles (also good dry with sliced banana...favourite childhood breakfast)
    - Milo Duo (because...chocolate? XD)