Crossfit - your experience

Options
2»

Replies

• marie3221
    marie3221 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You know, I think if it going to get you moving more, or you need a change in routine, then go for it. I have never tried it, I have heard that it is great, I have also heard it is terrible. Give it a shot and go for it, if you don't like it, then stop, simple as that.
  • splashtree5
    splashtree5 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Cross fit developed me endurance and strength, is a good choice you can use it for the time you want to try a different kind of training or you are bored. Is demanding is like cardio...
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think it totally depends on your box and your coach. I loved the 'feel' of it, always encouraging others, and them doing the same for you. However, my coach was not for me. I felt that I couldn't work with long term without getting hurt.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    I still have scars on my shins from box jumps.

don't need cross fit for that.
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the box and the coaches. My physical therapist recommended Crossfit for me. I have severe osteoarthritis in both of my hips and I am trying to get strength, mobility and stability back in them and working on losing weigh so that I have a good outcome when I have my bilateral hip replacement surgery.
    My coaches modify exercises to fit my fitness level and my limitiations because of the arthritis. I do the classes with everyone else, and even with the modifications I feel like I am getting a great work out. In four months I have lost almost 20lbs, and the strength and mobility in my hips is always improving and the pain level is down.
    All I can say is give it a try.