what day Of The week do you weigh and why?

Options
I've been weighing Mondays but a friend explained Wednesday are more consistent.

Replies

• SummerRain43
    Options
    I weigh myself every day.....I know I shouldn't but I can't seem to help myself......
  • silken555
    silken555 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Your friend doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter when you do it as long as you stick to the same day/time/place.

I weigh-in and measure every Saturday morning when I wake up around 9am right after I pee and in the exact same spot in my bathroom. I'm conveniently still naked so it's quick and easy. I log everything in an excel file so that I can transcribe it here later and I post my results on FB seeing as my friends like reading about it.

If Monday is your preferred day, stick to it!
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I weight in almost everyday because I want to be able to cope with the daily weight fluctuations. You know, try to understand and accept them.

But my weight-in day is Sunday morning. I find that weight in to be `the one` (like the consistent one), taking into account the other days and my lifestyle.
  • lrsj125
    lrsj125 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day so I don't lose focus of where I am. However, I then go back and only keep the weekly weigh-ins so I'm not influenced in a negative way the daily fluctuations that occur. I determine my true progress on a weekly basis. I weigh on Sundays [no particular reason].
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Every day is weigh in day but my official day is Sunday. Just because it's the start of the week.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I don’t think it matters as far as your weight loss is concerned. My weigh-in day is Friday mornings because of no other reason than I wanted it to be Fridays. Consistency (same day, time, place, and scale) is the most important factor for accurate readings.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Varies.

Probably TMI: when I was heavier, not logging, eating whatever I wanted, I had a very specific bathroom "schedule"- as in daily, and at the same time... Now?? Like only 2x/week or so, so I use that as a guide of when to weigh.
  • drew06
    drew06 Posts: 28
    Options
    Your friend doesn't make sense. It doesn't matter when you do it as long as you stick to the same day/time/place.

I weigh-in and measure every Saturday morning when I wake up around 9am right after I pee and in the exact same spot in my bathroom. I'm conveniently still naked so it's quick and easy. I log everything in an excel file so that I can transcribe it here later and I post my results on FB seeing as my friends like reading about it.

If Monday is your preferred day, stick to it!

This! Just make sure you're consistent with when you weigh yourself. I do it every morning (only because I am trying to figure out my maintenance) in underwear after I go to the bathroom.
  • redzgal
    redzgal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day is Fridays. Although I weigh myself everyday just because I can't help myself. I don't like weighing in on Mondays because I tend to eat my worst over the weekend and my weight goes up because of salt intake. But I weigh first thing in the morning, after I pee and butt naked...same scale same spot in the bathroom. :)
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but record only when a new low has been met.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I weigh nearly each day, same time (morning after peeing). I log only when there's a new low weight. I don't necessarily log losses below 0.4 pounds.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Usually Saturday morning, or I put it off until Monday morning which gives me a reason to 'stay the course' over the weekend. :wink:
  • ewtx1000
    ewtx1000 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm questioning the day, because Monday are demotivating after seeing my good progress Mon-Friday with daily unofficial scale checks and then weekends ruin it. I like the thought of banking it on Friday or Saturday morning and using that as motivation over the next 48 hours.
  • notthatNaomi
    Options
    I weigh myself all the time, but my official weigh in day is Wednesday. I started over-again- on January 1st and it was a Wednesday.
    I also joined a group on here and their weigh in day was Saturday (has changed somewhat since I joined) but, I continue to record my weight on Saturday for that group. I like having 2 weigh ins/week because it keeps me more accountable.
  • Squamation
    Squamation Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thursday- gives me time to recover from any weekend fun I had previously, and I use it as a guideline for how much fun to have the following weekend.
  • AngJac77
    AngJac77 Posts: 37
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays because it helps me to stay healthier on weekends, when I can easily blow all my hard work.....
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I do not have a "scale weight" goal (I'm more interested in fat loss, looking good, and feeling good than the number on the scale) but I find the scale to be a useful tool.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Every day.

I like data.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Wednesdays because I started on a Wednesday - if you tend to go off track a bit on the weekend Wednesday is a good day - it gives you a couple days to "recover" from the weekend (ie: sodium would be my culprit) - if you don't go off track on the weekends then it shouldn't really matter.