what day Of The week do you weigh and why?

Options

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Everyday because I've lost my days of the week underpants so don't know what day it is.
  • kornpopper
    Options
    i weight in on tuesday, cuz i go out to lunch with some friends.
    but i do get on the scale a lot during the week, which is not a good thing.
  • DanielleLCook
    DanielleLCook Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh on a Monday as that way if it's a good weigh in its motivation for the rest of the week and if it's not so good you can decide what needs to be done differently and start the week afresh :) trying to avoid the scales between weigh ins to avoid fluctuations and getting disheartened
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I weigh of Fridays because it's a constant for me then if I have lazy days on the weekend or unhealthy eating the weekend is were I might have it. Plus on the weekends are varied with things to do with my kids or they get me side tracked. Durning the week I get up at the same time. Don't get me wrong I may sneak a peek on other days but Friday is my official day unless I'm out of town then it's Thursday but this doesn't happen often. All and all I'm trying to back off on the weigh ins I have two more weeks of a challenge and then I'm going to try to go for two weeks at a time going around TOM.
  • momofgilliam4
    Options
    Wednesdays because I started on a Wednesday - if you tend to go off track a bit on the weekend Wednesday is a good day - it gives you a couple days to "recover" from the weekend (ie: sodium would be my culprit) - if you don't go off track on the weekends then it shouldn't really matter.

Yep. Love Wednesday weigh in for this reason. I "unofficially" weigh daily (just about), but log it in on Wednesday.
  • successrevenge
    successrevenge Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Daily, because mine is sporadic and I don't want to hit the day where i had a lot of water gain for whatever reason. Mine goes down a pound, up a pound, down two pounds, up a pound, up a pound, down 3 pounds then starts over again. It is never consistent. I also weigh less after I wake up and do bathroom duty then wait for another 20 minutes. I usually drop another 1/2 pound after that. Go figure.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Every Tuesday in the morning, because Tuesday was the start of my diet three weeks ago.
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Used to be Mondays (years ago), but that got depressing because I eat more during the weekend than during the week and I didn't feel happy with Monday results. Now it's Fridays and I find that a very enjoyable and uplifting day to weigh in. I still splurge a bit on weekends, like on Friday nights, but then the few weekdays after that balance out any weekend indulgences. So far, so good!
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Friday is weigh day for me. Right after my morning tinkle and typically just wearing my knickers and a tank top. My first weigh-in just happened to land on that day and I've been consistent. It's way too defeating for me to weigh myself daily and watch all the ups and downs. Once a week is plenty!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day first thing in the morning and log the result onto MFP good or bad. That averages out the the ups and downs. I've done this every day since I started MFP 862 days ago.
  • bshot1
    bshot1 Posts: 44
    Options
    Monday mornings within an hour of waking up. I don't deviate or have cheat days really, so Mondays are like any day of the week.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    I weigh myself Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.. But I only record it on Friday ! Why Friday, because it's the day that came out of the hat when I stuck my hand in and pulled out a day :).. !! The day does not matter, just do it on the same day each week and preferably first thing in the morning.. Oh and if possible, nekid !!!
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My weigh in day is Fridays. Although I weigh myself everyday just because I can't help myself. I don't like weighing in on Mondays because I tend to eat my worst over the weekend and my weight goes up because of salt intake. But I weigh first thing in the morning, after I pee and butt naked...same scale same spot in the bathroom. :)

Same!
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays. The doctors appointment that made me wanna lose weight was a Tuesday. I didn't have a scale and my next apointment was Tuesday 2 weeks later. That's when I found I lost my first 10 pounds. So I stick with tuesdays simply because its exactly a week. Sometimes I cheat and weigh in more(like the last few days lol)
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I can fluctuate up to 5 lbs in one day, so always in the morning. I tend to see the scale move more on Tuesdays, so of course, I like Tuesdays. I have wondered if I will change the daily routine once I reach goal ( which is a long way off presently)
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings. No real reason. I tend to eat more at weekends and exercise less. I usually weigh myself every 3 weeks or so; I tend to notice progress from how my clothes fit.
  • Trying2Recover
    Options
    I'm awful and weigh every day but log wednesdays weight.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I want to understand normal fluctuations. I don't want to weigh only on one day of the week and end up having one of those "normal fluctuations" that particular morning and show little to no loss, without understanding WHY.

That said, I only record my weight - loss or gain - on MFP about once a week. Except this week I recorded twice because I felt like it :laugh:
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Everyday ~ it keeps me focused on the journey!
  • beckermsb1
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday - keeps me grounded!