6AM Runners.... HOW ?

Options
124»

Replies

• JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I feel it is REALLY hard to start... But once the first week or two is under your belt, it gets easier to wake up so early! :) I just know that I prefer the morning when my energy levels are the highest, because then I know I will do it, whereas if I wait until after work... I will make every excuse to not work out!
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I get up at 4:00 a.m.. Stretch and on the road. I'm usually home and out of the shower by 6:10 when my wife gets up so we are not in each others way. Plus I sit and have my coffee and relax before heading to work. For me, early morning runs are the best, especially in the summer when the temp is in the 90s. Now it's just habit. I don't even set a alarm, I wake up and got. By 8:30 - 9:00 pm I'm ready for bed.lol

I have the same schedule ... ^^twin schedule^^
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning exerciser, but I wish I was because I've read that when you work out in the morning, your heart rate stays elevated for longer afterwards than if you work out shortly before you go to sleep (since sleep relaxes your body so much, including the heart).

I used to wake up at 4AM during high school. It's just a matter of going to bed at the right time so you'll wake up in between sleep cycles. You can go to the website sleepyti.me to find out when you should go to bed or wake up.
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I've written endless timetables over the years featuring '6am, run,'. It maybe happened once or twice! Now I accept I'm not a morning person and exercise late at night (often go for a run at 10pm or 11pm when I feel most energetic and this helps me sleep, I'm a night owl!). Don't put pressure on yourself to be a way that doesn't work for you! It's an achievement enough for me to get up, dressed and get to work by 9am!
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This is the ONLY downside to being single.

The kid sleeps for hours and I cannot go to the gym in any of that time! It feels like such a waste. I need a husband to be in the house at 5/6am so I can sneak off to the gym before kid wakes up!
  • jcreazy
    jcreazy Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people that hates getting out of bed when I wake up tired but I fixed that by getting enough sleep. If I sleep for 8 hours, my alarm goes off and I am wide awake. I don't feel tired at all. If you aren't sleeping enough, that may be the issue.