Thanks to whoever recommened Walk at Home!

Options
I was reading the boards yesterday (I normally don't post) and came across a lovely woman looking to get started with exercising. Being a f/t work at home and stay at home mom with no child care, I can't get to the gym and have really found issues with trying to exercise. I've found popsugar fitness which is great for sporadic bursts but pre-children, I used to walk. Alot. I love walking. Seriously... just not on a treadmill. Don't ask. So someone had recommended Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos. I just did the one mile to try it out. It's literally perfect for me! It's walking and I can do it in a relatively short amount of time while my kids are around. THANK YOU!

Replies

• RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I love her! She makes me smile:)
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks to whoever recommended Leslie to me! She's great, the workouts are easy to do and I'm now doing the 5-mile walk using weights. Thanks again and thanks Leslie!
  • sonyapowell
    sonyapowell Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Love Leslie!!!
  • getninshape56
    getninshape56 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've used Leslie's workouts at home for the past 9 years and love them. I now get them from WalkTV and download them to my laptop. Now she's in any room I want her to be ;) Glad you like her too...you'll have much success!
  • syberchik
    Options
    It was great! I loved the timer in the corner too! Makes it go that much faster. I liked that it just wasn't "ok, march in place for 45 minutes."
  • syberchik
    Options
    I've used Leslie's workouts at home for the past 9 years and love them. I now get them from WalkTV and download them to my laptop. Now she's in any room I want her to be ;) Glad you like her too...you'll have much success!

9 years? Wow! Awesome! Glad to know she's got staying time. :) I have never heard of walk TV before now. I need to check it out. I was going to d/l the video from youtube.
  • lisatrish
    lisatrish Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I like to use her videos to help get in my 10k steps a day. You can find a lot of her videos on Youtube.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    :) Leslie changed my life. When I first tried one of her DVDs (recommended by my mother) I felt like I was going to die half way through the mile. Now I do many miles in a day, if I am not doing Turbofire!

I owe a lot to Leslie.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    :) Leslie changed my life. When I first tried one of her DVDs (recommended by my mother) I felt like I was going to die half way through the mile.

I owe a lot to Leslie.

Same here! When I first tried the videos I could barely get through a half mile. I kept going back to it and trying harder because it was finally a workout I actually liked doing. As my stamina grew I was able to move up to the 2 and 3 miles.

When I moved to the 4 and 5 mile workouts consistently I really started to see great changes in my body (inches loss, smaller/tighter core, muscles developing in my legs and calves etc.)

If there's some effort put into the miles I find it to be a very effective workout that doesn't hurt the joints.

I'm in really good physical shape now and I still do her workouts several times a week. I did the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk this morning with 5 lb weights which is one of my all time favs!

I'm so, so thankful for Leslie for helping me improve and maintain my fitness! :)
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    She helps me get my 10.000 steps in when it is too hot/cold outside :) She is great!

I think some people might think that it is no real workout but I am sweating and so does Leslie although she is so thin and fit!
  • Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I do her walks almost every day! Started with the 2 mile, then increased. I now do 5 miles and am just getting into 6 miles!

I thought there was NO WAY walking at home could do anything at all.. but I'm drenched in sweat every time I do them.. well.. as long as I'm really keeping up with her! :)

I live in west Michigan and the winters are brutal! If not for these vids, I'd have done nothing more than shoving this last winter.

Looooooooove her!:smile:
  • jennifries227
    jennifries227 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    A friend recommended Walk At Home to me when I complained I couldn't find a decent workout that didn't kill my asthma. At first I was only able to do the 1 mile (and that was a stretch), but now I can happily do the 3 or 4 mile. I've lost 11 pounds since I started in February, and WAH helps me stay in a calorie deficit even if I 'cheat' a little now and then.

Extra bonus: My doctor says that it's actually helping my lungs, too! The last time I saw my pulmonologist he was delighted and told me to keep it up because my lungs were in much better shape.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I need to check this out!
  • MissxAsh
    MissxAsh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie's workouts! I'm glad you've found her videos helpful cause they've definitely helped me :)
  • princessnuriko
    princessnuriko Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do her 4 and 5 mile workouts on my active rest days. I also did it when I was recovering for a sore ankle doing Turbo Fire. I still burned calories while taking it easy on my ankle.
  • syberchik
    Options
    I'm so incredibly excited to see all of the positive reviews! I too was skeptical but I actually felt good doing it. It's low impact, which is great because my knees are shot and it holds my interest. I lost a lot of weight previously doing only walking so I know it could work. This just makes it a lot more fun. If my kids let me breathe (ha!) I will start the 2 mile walk and go from there. I will say popsugar fitness is also awesome for a switchup on working out if you're short on time. They have great 10 minute workouts on youtube as well. I think I'll have to work up to doing the 5 mile with weights though. :)
  • melissarmonroe
    melissarmonroe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I actually did her 3 mile powerwalk on Saturday. First one of her's I'd done and was skeptical at first since I had been doing insanity (but had to stop b/c of leg injury). I thought no way I'm going to feel like I'm working out. I actually think I was sweating more at the end than doing insanity!!
    I am still skeptical though if doing them will get me to where I want to be, as I know insanity or something like that would. Would love to hear some success stories!

(and a ton of her videos are full length on You Tube)
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Three cheers for Leslie! :drinker: Besides burning a lot of calories, she is fun and cheerful! Sometimes if I am feeling a little off, I will do a mile just to be cheered up. :laugh: When I bought her DVD, I read "walk" in the title and I thought it would an active rest day from Jillian's torture. I found I burned more calories with Leslie and felt better doing it.
  • Maryanne1923
    Maryanne1923 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of Walk at Home - just had a look on YouTube. Thanks so much for posting this!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Leslie is great! My start with fitness was the dreadmill too. I was leery of cardio exercise DVDs (I have 2 left feet)......I love that anyone can do these.....I like using light handweights....it reminds me to use my arms more. Her newer DVDs are at Target & Best Buy...some fun music.

There is a Leslie Sansone Walk at Home group here.........April is coming up.....there is a monthly Walk Challenge