Advice on Eating Out?

Options
2»

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    So tomorrows my birthday, and I'm hoping to go out. Even on years where no one had money to buy me anything I still got a birthday out for dinner.

This is going to be the first time I'm going out to eat since I really started watching my calories. I'm deciding between a few places, and I already got all the nutritional info for them to help.

Question is, do you have any advice for when you go out to eat?

Hey there, and happy early B-day!

I know that eating one meal a day like I do would be an easy way to entreat your request without feeling guilty. I give myself two splurge days a week now that I'm more maintaining than losing, whereas I generally confine everything to one plate and one calorie beverage. That way, I know I won't gain anything back. It all levels out in the end.

But you can't use this as a "gateway" to bad old habits. Just enjoy yourself!
  • twilatillman
    twilatillman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Drink water while waiting for meal to arrive. There has been times that I have drank too much and no room left for food. We can still enjoy those special days in our lives and not damage our efforts.

Happy Birthday!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    ask tim.

Qft

:laugh:

Make sure things are clean before you start eating, take your time and enjoy it, and giving minimal tip can be insulting.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Drink water while waiting for meal to arrive. There has been times that I have drank too much and no room left for food. We can still enjoy those special days in our lives and not damage our efforts.

Happy Birthday!

WHAT?!?!? Why even go out then?

Just enjoy your birthday, OP.
  • courtjade84
    courtjade84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Happy early Birthday!
    You could just enjoy yourself for the night and start fresh the next day, but if it does bother you at all, what I do when I go to a restaurant is get a to go box with my meal and pack half of it up right away, since restaurant portions are usually huge. It's OK to have an off day once in while, so enjoy yourself :)
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! :flowerforyou:

Eat, drink and laugh in copious amounts! :)
    And then go back to your usual routine.

85e333fceb15957d26e3a75cef6b5afa.jpg
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    A lot of you actually said Happy Birthday on my birthday : D
    I had a few glasses of wine...ended up making a comment about not mounting things recently to the waiter when they made me get on the birthday saddle.
    I guess that's what happens when wine talks : p
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! :flowerforyou:

Eat, drink and laugh in copious amounts! :)
    And then go back to your usual routine.

85e333fceb15957d26e3a75cef6b5afa.jpg
    I love that picture/saying.

I think I just may steal it and use it!!!!!