Planet Fitness Dress Code

Options
13»

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I call bull.

I go to PF and I wear itty bitty shorts, bra top and a strappy tank over it. I've never been told to leave.

In all honesty I can count on one hand the amount of times the "lunk alarm" went off when I was there. Mostly they do it when someone is being completely obnoxious, like pretty much screaming their grunts out or they do it when they know someone who is working out and they want to *kitten* with them.

I will say though that the showers there are nasty. I won't step foot in them, not even if I absolutely have to.

I've never even heard the lunk alarm go off. I think it's just there for decoration. I can be certain I now know what one guy sounds like in the bedroom. No alarm went off, but I did have to stifle my giggles.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I go to PF and have never seen these issues. Plenty of diversity in ethnicity and fitness level and attire, and everyone is respectful. The worst thing that happens at my gym is that it's loud. The speakers are up so high that it's difficult to hear my earbuds and some chicks treat it like social hour at the tops of their lungs.

ETA: And never once has the lunk alarm gone off while I was there.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Each club is a privately owned franchise, so you're going to see variety in how they interpret the "judgement free zone" .....and obviously some are taking it to new levels of ridiculousness, while others are operating like a normal gym!
  • adaybetter
    adaybetter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Planet fitness is my FAV. gym to get kicked out of while traveling! LUNK ALARM!