ISAGENIX .. but only for those who are doing it/have done it

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of my 30 day cleanse. The first week down 5 pounds after a 8 month stall. The third week was rough, but I start over tomorrow. No cravings, I loved it.

30 day cleanse? Is that a typo?

Sadly, no. Through my quick google search (I refuse to go to their actual site, so maybe my info is wrong) there is also a 2 day pre-cleanse to cleanse your body to prepare for the 30 day cleanse. I wonder how all this compares to a colonoscopy prep - now THAT was a cleanse!

Is that like a meeting before a meeting....to talk about the meeting?

I'm pretty sure this would kill me.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of my 30 day cleanse. The first week down 5 pounds after a 8 month stall. The third week was rough, but I start over tomorrow. No cravings, I loved it.

Sadly, no. Through my quick google search (I refuse to go to their actual site, so maybe my info is wrong) there is also a 2 day pre-cleanse to cleanse your body to prepare for the 30 day cleanse. I wonder how all this compares to a colonoscopy prep - now THAT was a cleanse!

Hah - here at my office, unfortunately, that is a big thing. You have a "pre-meeting" to discuss what you are going to discuss in the meeting. Sigh.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Dump Isa. Go to Disney World for 2 weeks. You don't even NEED to stay at a disney specific resort, as long as you're in Orlando / Kissimmee / Lake Buena Vista.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Hah - here at my office, unfortunately, that is a big thing. You have a "pre-meeting" to discuss what you are going to discuss in the meeting. Sigh.

LOL...yep! Death by meeting. Or cleanse. They both sound awful.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I have done Isagenix in the past and lost weight with it. I'm actually going to do it again soon.
    If you follow it you will lose weight.
    If you follow ANY scripted program, you'll lose weight. They all have one thing in common....................calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Yes, this.Its all about Calorie deficit. More calories out than in. :smile:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    In to read later
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to their flawed study to favor their results (just look at table 2) http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/pdf/1743-7075-9-98.pdf

Of course it's going to look like their product is great when the shake group reduces their calories by 500 a day compared to 250 a day in the non-shake group. They also didn't control the food intake at dinner for the major macros for either group, it's hard to draw conclusions when you compare apples to oranges.
  • Iknowsaur
    Iknowsaur Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm positive I wouldn't waste my money.

+1

+2

+9000
    +infinity

+ Infinity + 1
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing to everyone who say you are wasting your money. They are looking at Isagenix as a diet...not a lifestyle change. When you choose to do a program, you stick to it. You don't lose the weight and then say, well ****, I've lost the weight, I don't need it anymore. Moderation of food, making healthy food choices, but granted, days that are freebies, and following the program is how people lose weight. I'm tired of people who say it doesn't work. I did it and lost forty pounds, BUT I didn't think of it as a program, but as a diet, so I gained my weight back. Now, looking at it as a lifestyle change and program, while also moderation of food and exercising, I may not be seeing the weight come off fast, but I see it in inches and how I feel about myself. While some people say it might all be in the mind of the person who thinks it is working, fine, think that, but I KNOW THAT I FEEL BETTER, and to be honest, it is not any different than doing the program Advocare. You might need that kick start and you might 'waste' your money, but from someone who does it and has bad days, it still works. To be a little personal, I hated these programs and diets and never thought they worked and all a gimmick, but I saw my friend who was 350 pounds lose 225 in a period of 18 months on Isagenix. She worked out two hours four times a week and did Isagenix once a day instead of two times a day. That was nearly four years ago. She had only gained fifteen pounds back even after having two children and getting married and losing one of her parents. That was enough of a success story for me to get on the bandwagon. I know it's different for everyone, but when you see the results in front of you, and even after with each pregnancy, gaining forty pounds each, she followed the program and is happy with herself.

Moderation of food and making healthy food choices
    Working out for two hours four times a week

Sounds like that would work for weight loss - but the fail here was spending X amount of $$$ on a product you don't need :ohwell:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I'm positive I wouldn't waste my money.

+1

+2

+9000
    +infinity

+ Infinity + 1

+ Infinity x 5
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    She was asking for tips and info, not for people to tell her its great. If she thinks its great and it works for her, awesome! If you think its a waste of money or don't like it.... and as clearly stated in her question, she is just looking for a support group that understands what she is going through and might have some tips, info, etc. Amazing how many of you are trying to make a change in your lives yet find every reason to place a negative opinion on something that clearly has no need for it. If Isagenix is what is working for her, let her be.

Yea this exactly. PS I lost 5lbs and 8 inches in ONE WEEK. I feel AMAZING. I haven't had caffeine in that entire time, no sugar or salty foods, i'm not hungry - the shakes alone are 240 calories each. I'm not sure how anyone would be hungry. My normal breakfast used to be less than 240 calories. I feel awesome. I wanted other people to tell me their experiences with it.. that's it. I didn't need all the nasty commentary which is why I didn't ask for it. But you know what... to EVERYONE that hated on this.. let me know how long it takes you to lose 5lbs and 8 inches.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    She was asking for tips and info, not for people to tell her its great. If she thinks its great and it works for her, awesome! If you think its a waste of money or don't like it.... and as clearly stated in her question, she is just looking for a support group that understands what she is going through and might have some tips, info, etc. Amazing how many of you are trying to make a change in your lives yet find every reason to place a negative opinion on something that clearly has no need for it. If Isagenix is what is working for her, let her be.

Yea this exactly. PS I lost 5lbs and 8 inches in ONE WEEK. I feel AMAZING. I haven't had caffeine in that entire time, no sugar or salty foods, i'm not hungry - the shakes alone are 240 calories each. I'm not sure how anyone would be hungry. My normal breakfast used to be less than 240 calories. I feel awesome. I wanted other people to tell me their experiences with it.. that's it. I didn't need all the nasty commentary which is why I didn't ask for it. But you know what... to EVERYONE that hated on this.. let me know how long it takes you to lose 5lbs and 8 inches.
    Let me know how long it takes you to figure out that you didn't lose 5 lbs of fat in a week.
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I lost 5lbs and 8 inches in ONE WEEK. I feel AMAZING. I haven't had caffeine in that entire time, no sugar or salty foods, i'm not hungry - the shakes alone are 240 calories each. I'm not sure how anyone would be hungry. My normal breakfast used to be less than 240 calories. I feel awesome. I wanted other people to tell me their experiences with it.. that's it. I didn't need all the nasty commentary which is why I didn't ask for it. But you know what... to EVERYONE that hated on this.. let me know how long it takes you to lose 5lbs and 8 inches.

1. you didn't lose 5lbs of fat in a week; you lost water weight and glycogen stores
    2. in any event you don't get a prize for losing lots of weight within a short period of time; you do risk lean muscle loss and health problems, though
    3. one week is not long enough to declare success or otherwise
    4. please report back in ten years and let us know how you get on
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You could buy a Jar of Whey protein from GNC and get the same results for less money and no gimmicks.

...and.. " We are proud members of the Direct Selling Association." Just killed it for me.. oh lord another MLM.

downvoting-roman.gif

Here's the secret: EAT FOOD, GET EXERCISE, SLEEP... REPEAT. No magic potions need be concocted.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

miOuomU.jpg
  • VanderTuig1976
    VanderTuig1976 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have not tried Isa but know many people who are on it. These people have lost a tremendous amount of weight whereas my weight loss has been slower....However, the Isa users do not have the strength or body definition I'm gaini g through old fashioned calorie reduction and strength training. So....if you want fast, and not necessarily permanent, results, go for the Isa. As I suspect you may know, it's not cheap and once you stop using it you may gain back what you lost.
  • JulsiePie
    JulsiePie Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    But you know what... to EVERYONE that hated on this.. let me know how long it takes you to lose 5lbs and 8 inches.

Sorry, you asked for it - 26 days in.....check out the ticker.

Yes, I have a lot of weight to lose so I'm going to lose it more quickly at first, but I'm just eating at my deficit and moving my butt!

And the bonus? - I eat real food! All day long! Yum! And I have more money in my wallet :) Money to buy more real food. :)

But to each their own - however, this is a public forum so anyone can post regardless of you telling them not too.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    But you know what... to EVERYONE that hated on this.. let me know how long it takes you to lose 5lbs and 8 inches.

Yes, I have a lot of weight to lose so I'm going to lose it more quickly at first, but I'm just eating at my deficit and moving my butt!

And the bonus? - I eat real food! All day long! Yum! And I have more money in my wallet :) Money to buy more real food. :)

But to each their own - however, this is a public forum so anyone can post regardless of you telling them not too.

Yeah.. what is it... April? So three months 14 pounds and a positive relationship with real food so when I reach my goal? I'll maintain it without some awkward transition to real food that causes me to gain it all back. And I only really spend $10-15/week to eat. And the grocery store doesn't try to talk me into being a representative. ;D
  • janelann222
    Options
    The thing that I don't like about it is it seems like a quick fix (not picking on Isagenix and sure some people love it) but I decided for myself that I wanted to make lifestyle changes (as opposed to labeling myself on an extreme diet). This includes cutting out processed foods (not always, I allow myself cheats), eating more protein, losing only 0.5-1 pound a week. I want to make changes I can stick to for the long term, and not gain it all back as soon as I go off of it. That being said, quick plans might help some people lose that jump start weight to get in the right direction and if that is the case and it works for them I am happy.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

Yeah.. what is it... April? So three months 14 pounds and a positive relationship with real food so when I reach my goal? I'll maintain it without some awkward transition to real food that causes me to gain it all back. And I only really spend $10-15/week to eat. And the grocery store doesn't try to talk me into being a representative. ;D

What kind of food are you eating that it only costs you $10-15 a week to eat? Maybe I need to change my eating plan...